Autopsy Round 16, 2023: West Coast v St.Kilda *WILKIE 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know why everyone is melting so much, we all know we are not a very good team.
We are missing a key back, two quality mids and another ruckman.

We are really a 12-6 ladder team. We struggled and bumbled and.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I saw about 3 mins of this match, including the last 90 seconds - so many questions. First one: why were we wearing the indigenous jumper? After today and Hawthorn, I'll be glad to never see that rag again for the rest of my life.

I read a post from Narkles Helmet in the gameday thread that unsettled me - because I fear he's right. It was about Lyon's suitability for today's game. Can we talk about that? We bought him in for culture, not necessarily style. What are the alternatives?

I saw about 3 mins of this match, including the last 90 seconds - so many questions. First one: why were we wearing the indigenous jumper? After today and Hawthorn, I'll be glad to never see that rag again for the rest of my life.

I read a post from Narkles Helmet in the gameday thread that unsettled me - because I fear he's right. It was about Lyon's suitability for today's game. Can we talk about that? We bought him in for culture, not necessarily style. What are the alternatives?
Enright, Hayes, Harvey, Goddard. They put the gameplan together.
If you blame Lyon, WTF are they doing?

NAIDOC week

That was about as predictable as day turns into night.

A club on their home deck playing an interstate side and the home side has just been embarrassed by record proportions with fans threatening to riot the week prior….

Would always ALWAYS come out breathing fire and having a crack.

Kick straighter in the last quarter and it’s a cosy win away.

Plenty to work on. But I don’t see that as a poor result like most will

Never thought is feel disappointed after coming back from a 5 goal deficit.

Realistically we don't look likely to make the 8 at this stage, but amazingly if we win next week we againt a side with the same amount of wins we are in the 4.

Strange year.

Marshall and Owens really the only two that would feel happy about their games today I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta love those who are melting their faces off about stuff we already well know to be deficiencies, that weren’t just going to disappear into thin air in the space of a week. 😄

Especially against a team who applied huge pressure, in front of a parochial crowd, and played out of their skins for a half.

After which we outscored them 7.11 to 3.3.

Positives: Owens, Crouch, Hill & Sinclair & 4 points. Hill's injury not as bad as first thought - Howards fault FFS.

Negatives: too many to list.

I doubt Hill gets up for next week and Battle will miss, again no thanks to Howard.

Dal said in the last 1/4 he thought Marshall played well. I thought the WCE ruckman got the better of him. Our midfield are still putrid and we keep sending the same players in there?

That was about as predictable as day turns into night.

A club on their home deck playing an interstate side and the home side has just been embarrassed by record proportions with fans threatening to riot the week prior….

Would always ALWAYS come out breathing fire and having a crack.

Kick straighter in the last quarter and it’s a cosy win away.

Plenty to work on. But I don’t see that as a poor result like most will

come off it, it was the poorest standard of football you are ever likely to witness. both teams looked bottom 4.

Don't know why everyone is melting so much, we all know we are not a very good team.
We are missing a key back, two quality mids and another ruckman.

We are really a 12-6 ladder team. We struggled and bumbled and.

If we are a 12-6 team we shouldn't have given one of the worst sides in recent history a 5 goal lead.

No idea why anyone would be surprised to see fans pushed with that effort.

A good mate is a professor in sports psych.

A big part of his job has been to interview coaches of professional sports clubs.

His main takeaway on coaches is this : there are 2 types of coaches. The first are like kids on a beach making a beautiful sandcastle. They take time to create it and craft it, going down to the water and getting different type of sands, nurturing and sculpting it to their liking. The second type of coach is ones who are adept at kicking down sandcastles.”

The problem is, modern sport more and more is encouraging creative coaches and tactics (this is to do with trying to eliminate concussions as much as possible and to maximize Tv rights and ratings in a competitive market).

Coaches like Ross Lyon, who is very good at kicking down sandcastles and relies on tackling, physicality, effort and defensive structures are just no good anymore and won’t be going forward.

We’ve got ourselves a busted flush with Ross. He hasn’t got an offensive creative bone in his body. His one tactical tweak (besides mentioning the standing man on the mark rule) was that the Saints would be a better “running” team. Sadly, running won’t change a thing for us, only learning to kicking and hand ball quickly and precisely (this takes a lot of coaching) will change things. You can kick the ball faster than you can run. Ross just doesn’t have it in him to change himself and be able to be a coach that can teach this.

I’d like to think we could get a creative assistant in and it could change things but who are we kidding. Ross’s strength was always his dominating personality and single-mindedness. The chances of him handing over the offensive reins to someone else are slim to none.

Is there an AFL player equivalent to an orphanage where we can drop off Dougal Howard?

Gold Coast?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Positives: Owens, Crouch, Hill & Sinclair & 4 points. Hill's injury not as bad as first thought - Howards fault FFS.

Negatives: too many to list.

I doubt Hill gets up for next week and Battle will miss, again no thanks to Howard.

Dal said in the last 1/4 he thought Marshall played well. I thought the WCE ruckman got the better of him. Our midfield are still putrid and we keep sending the same players in there?
How the **** was it Howard's fault? Hill took an eternity to get rid of it.

You Howard haters blame him for everything. Jesus Christ

come off it, it was the poorest standard of football you are ever likely to witness. both teams looked bottom 4.
You do realise last year they won 2 games.

1 of them was against the pies.

It happens. It’s the afl.

Gotta love those who are melting their faces off about stuff we already well know to be deficiencies, that weren’t just going to disappear into thin air in the space of a week. 😄

Especially against a team who applied huge pressure, in front of a parochial crowd, and played out of their skins for a half.

After which we outscored them 7.11 to 3.3.
Agreed. If the worst thing that happened today was "My team didn't win by enough", then life is pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 16, 2023: West Coast v St.Kilda *WILKIE 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back