Autopsy Round 16, 2023: West Coast v St.Kilda *WILKIE 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought Marshall was best on closely followed by crouch. Just love watching owens play more than any player I have before. Felt Stock Wilks and sincs prob the 3 most dependable players we have were all a little down today.

I’m all for giving Pou games but I think now that has to come to an end now, he has had a taste now dominate vfl to get confidence up. Byrnes I’m worried about too I don’t think he gives us anything Jones can’t.

Really worried about lever and May next week, every week the opposition has a dominant defender that destroys us. With battle out coops comes in to the 22. Maybe another tall to replace Pou to play as a defensive forward unless Pou can do the job.

Owens had a late growth spert, he was a skinny and short small forward in the juniors. Only moved to midfield the final 1 or 2 years of TAC cup I think, so he is a natural forward than midfield, leave him in the forward line and gets stints in the midfield.. 4 goals a game is bloody good return.

We would have lost by heaps without him up front.

Insane injury list?

Are you serious?

You'd be at the better end of injuries across the league.

Little to nothing out right now.

Clark and Membrey which wont add much to your current list.

Only thing correct in the above is you will be bottom 8 when the real stuff begins.

Head start on the pre season and a sugar hit with the dictator Ross got your some wins early.

Now its back to reality.
Am I gonna have to choke a bitch?

I just think King is super competitive and gets frustrated easily.

If you’re playing in our forward line, wouldn’t you do the same with how pathetic our forward entries are ? :p
King will kick bags on a weekly basis at any top 4 side.
King looks anything but super competitive.

King is a taller Gresham. Disinterested in team stuff and doesn't work back the other way. Sits under the ball like he has his feet in concrete and whinges when he gets outworked and didn't even make a contest. There are a few players that have been ruined by poor development. Owens looks a class above anyone else at the club besides Sinclair who was actually s**t tonight.

I'd send King to Sandy and tell him to learn how to play like a KPF. Cordy would be an upgrade and he's got less talent than Kings hair brush. Our mids are too dumb to not kick it on him.
Kings' poor response and complete lack of effort after that contest in the closing minutes of the game where he gave a free kick away and sooked it up and refused to chase and just stood still...not good at all his attitude for an elite footballer.

Us beating Sydney is irrelevant but Sydney beating WCE is? OK mate.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure what you are even on about now.

It's a fact that West Coast are close to the worst performed side since Fitzroy, it's not just the Sydney game.

But yes, we all should be celebrating after a great convincing win today, just like the North one.

So your answer is "no I have never played the game", or otherwise I wouldnt be embarrassing myself!
I’ve played a lot of footy.

Maybe Howard didn’t talk, it’s speculation but what’s not is that Hills awareness and game sense was horrible in that scenario. Get a handball receive at half back where you just watched an oppo player get up 5 metres away from you you should be expecting heat AND you should be moving forward to take metres and force defenders to move.

I’ve played a lot of footy.

Maybe Howard didn’t talk, it’s speculation but what’s not is that Hills awareness and game sense was horrible in that scenario. Get a handball receive at half back where you just watched an oppo player get up 5 metres away from you you should be expecting heat AND you should be moving forward to take metres and force defenders to move.
Maybe?

Clearly Howard didn't talk otherwise Hill would've received the ball and looked to get the kick away immediately.

And I don't even think it's Howard's fault, even though he was shit today. Hill should be more aware in that situation.

Predictable like the Saints not showing up knowing that they'd respond. Apparently we were warned about the Hawks in advance too and failed to show up. Your mate Lyon should start ringing those realestate blokes back and see if his old job is still there. He's worse than Ratts.

you do realise we are talking about todays game, a few years ago we beat Collingwood too. WC played terribly today and looked like this years wooden spooners and we didn't look much better.

Has to be satire at this point.
Not satire. As I’ve already pointed out. We have 4-5 <20 year olds play massive roles. Not support. But massive roles and we are sitting 5th.

Coffield Jones Billings Dmac haven’t played a senior game. They would have been in most people’s best 23.

Last year they rolled the Pies who finished third a bees dick from the grand final. It was 1 of only 2 wins and they did it at marvel. It happens.

And worse than Ratts 😂 bloke has us 5th. Win next week and we are 4th. In a season where only loonies from this board genuinely thought we were a chance at September action.
Only playing 28 players so far this year. Injuries aside, Ross Lyon is not known for giving a try to other players. At least to see if they are any good. However I don't think there is much in the vfl team. Peris? Bytel? Connolly?
Bytel got a few chances. Looked okay. Nothing special. Connolly? Struggling to get a kick at Sandy. Period unlucky it’s Butler and Higgins infront of him.
Insane injury list?

Are you serious?

You'd be at the better end of injuries across the league.

Little to nothing out right now.

Clark and Membrey which wont add much to your current list.

Only thing correct in the above is you will be bottom 8 when the real stuff begins.

Head start on the pre season and a sugar hit with the dictator Ross got your some wins early.

Now it’s back to reality.
Hayes Jones Dmac Billings Coffield haven’t played a senior game. Only 2 are fit right now.

Membrey has played 4 games. Clark 11.

Throw in injuries to king Steele webster

+ a bunch of kids who lost weeks to massive injuries: McLennan Keeler Hotton Allison

Yeah - it’s been a brutal season and the reason why we have only used 28 players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t agree with that
Our boys knew all of that and still let WC do it
IMO just shows how far off the pace we are and how little we have improved at this stage. Still mentally fragile

Will go no where with that midfield and our leadership is putrid
We have had 9 wins.

With a number of players performing better then anticipated

Of course we need improvement. We are 16 weeks into a 4 season minimum journey

So your answer is "no I have never played the game", or otherwise I wouldnt be embarrassing myself!
I have played a hell of a lot of footy and can tell you that when you receive a handball from you team mate and their is an opponent between the two of you just a few metres away, it's not wise to just think you are going to be able to waltz away with the footy without any pressure.

There was nothing wrong with the Howard handball either.

Not satire. As I’ve already pointed out. We have 4-5 <20 year olds play massive roles. Not support. But massive roles and we are sitting 5th.

Coffield Jones Billings Dmac haven’t played a senior game. They would have been in most people’s best 23.

Last year they rolled the Pies who finished third a bees dick from the grand final. It was 1 of only 2 wins and they did it at marvel. It happens.

And worse than Ratts 😂 bloke has us 5th. Win next week and we are 4th. In a season where only loonies from this board genuinely thought we were a chance at September action.

Bytel got a few chances. Looked okay. Nothing special. Connolly? Struggling to get a kick at Sandy. Period unlucky it’s Butler and Higgins infront of him.

Hayes Jones Dmac Billings Coffield haven’t played a senior game. Only 2 are fit right now.

Membrey has played 4 games. Clark 11.

Throw in injuries to king Steele webster

+ a bunch of kids who lost weeks to massive injuries: McLennan Keeler Hotton Allison

Yeah - it’s been a brutal season and the reason why we have only used 28 players.

Good story but we aren't winning next week. If we can keep it under a 5 goal loss it will be a miracle. I reckon we needed to put on a heap of percentage to make finals this season. That was pretty much season over. Carlton, Richmond, GC, Geelong, Brisbane will all beat us and North and Hawks will push us on current form. I reckon we finish around 9th to 12th again.

Oh no, the 'you have never played the game' argument.
For a start I did all through the 80's, secondly you are making the stupid assertions, but carry on, didn't know you were a football star.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crouch 26 touches, 17 tackles - ****ing unreal
Marshall 26 touches, 34 hit-outs, 6 tackles
Owens 14 touches, 4 goals
Hilly only 16 touches but thought he was fantastic

Nobody else stood up unfortunately but those four can hold their heads high.

Lets see what rOsS tHe BoSs has to say for himself

Good story but we aren't winning next week. If we can keep it under a 5 goal loss it will be a miracle. I reckon we needed to put on a heap of percentage to make finals this season. That was pretty much season over. Carlton, Richmond, GC, Geelong, Brisbane will all beat us and North and Hawks will push us on current form. I reckon we finish around 9th to 12th again.
I’ll go 1 week at a time.

8 weeks left.
Enjoy the ride.

We have had 9 wins.

With a number of players performing better then anticipated

Of course we need improvement. We are 16 weeks into a 4 season minimum journey

WTF are we 4 years off challenging? FS. I'm not sure I can be ****ed for that long. It will be hard to sit through.

Can't see how we finish as low as 12th now, but not being able to make the most out of playing bottom 3 sides is likely to cost us.

I can see us either missing by one win or percentage. We need to upset a good side or two on the way home now.

Somehow need to find that early season form again but that's just hard to do as we saw last year.

Gotta say, much respect for your ability to view the situation objectively. We were at odds at the beginning of the year but you've come around. If circumstances change so should opinions. You are pretty much on the money.
hope u treat me the same after I expressed my disappointment to the RTB appointment. You s add bd others were happily laughing at my opinions and said i was a troll
RTB ain’t achieved much yet and ain’t got a any flags. each to their own

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 16, 2023: West Coast v St.Kilda *WILKIE 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back