Review Round 16, 2024 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just coincidence that Ratugolea was not there?
Rats would be too busy bursting the ball of the defenders hand and trying to make a play and leaving his man alone and not fisting the ball over or marking it behind the line and not on the line or kicking the ball sideways only to get intercepted for a goal.😆

Last edited:
yeah I watch footy with my eyes closed I got no idea, what I do know is poor im a hero behaviour and ill call it out
You'll never understand the expectation that comes with being Port Adelaide fans. We're a suburban club, the people who are here are from day one of their lives. They were brought up on the "take no prisoners, die for the colours, and nobody is bigger than the club" mentality that has brought so much success. There's family ties at the club for so many who follow it. Now it's run by businessmen who don't give a single shit about the legacy set forth by the likes of Fos Williams and Jack Cahill. Those are just names they trot out along with Ebert when the time comes to sell prison bar merchandise knowing full well that they're not going to pursue the matter. Mix that with a "close enough is good enough" mentality and marry that up to the sales pitch of we exist to win premierships and compound that with abysmal failure.

Are we supposed to pretend everything is ok?

I would not want my life to depend Mitch Georgiades' kicking for goal. To give Mitch the benefit of the doubt he was probably trying to soak up time with that last shot but it was an atrocious kick all the same. That aside I thought Georgiades played reasonably well as he appeared to spend a lot of time out on the wing where he took some timely marks.

A score of 4.13 after quarter is symptomatic of our woes and suggests that Mitch was not the only one who missed what he should have kicked. We keep burning opportunities and we could have and should have lead that game by 4 or 5 goals at three quarter time had we taken our chances. Yet another last quarter fade out, we seem to get the ball OK but we do not make the opposition pay.

Narkle also looks an improvement on McEntee and Francis Evans. I reckon Narkle and Rioli as the small forwards might be the best option.

Last edited:
You'll never understand the expectation that comes with being Port Adelaide fans. We're a suburban club, the people who are here are from day one of their lives. They were brought up on the "take no prisoners, die for the colours, and nobody is bigger than the club" mentality that has brought so much success. There's family ties at the club for so many who follow it. Now it's run by businessmen who don't give a single shit about the legacy set forth by the likes of Fos Williams and Jack Cahill. Those are just names they trot out along with Ebert when the time comes to sell prison bar merchandise knowing full well that they're not going to pursue the matter. Mix that with a "close enough is good enough" mentality and marry that up to the sales pitch of we exist to win premierships and compound that with abysmal failure.

Are we supposed to pretend everything is ok?

Well said. ****ing lions campaign.

The BZT , Allir balance was a lot better, wouldn't surprise me if the Rat injury was a ruse to cover his omission. Clearly he will come back into the mix when there's a bigger forward line to cover, but he may need to get use to playing 2's when the oppo matchups don't suit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even so, we looked better with him in the forward line, he still had 3 shots on goal.

Once he was subbed off, we were completely unable to enter deep inside 50, we kept having to go super wide
I thought we were attacking wide to be able to set up and restrict St Kilda rebounding like they had done in the second and third quarters?

Didn't watch the game. Elected to watch an inspiring movie called Unsung Hero instead. Tipped Port to win coz we have a great record against the Saints & knew the players would rally to an extent. Expected the margin to be bigger though. Let's not lose our shit, we need to stay patient, a week is a long time in footy. As a membership we just need to continue to do our role to get the best outcome for our club. SACK HINKLEY

Yeah, nah, that's awesome isn't it.

Making finals.

In order to go out in straight sets.

Or by some miracle make it all the way to another prelim, in order to bomb out painfully again.

What an awesome win.
It is not enough I know to just make finals but its better to have a chance to qualify and finally produce better results in the finals than to have the ignominy of failing to make finals, particularly when we don't have a first round selection. Apart from Boak, everyone who played today is young enough to benefit from finals experience. Just because we want to change coach doesn't mean I won't support my team to win.

They should be giving Narkle a few games at least now he may not be a long termer, but fukc me he at least resembles a footballer as opposed to F. Evans & McEntee.
Beggars belief that we've preferred McEntee ahead of him in the depth chart for the last year. Narkle isn't ever going to be an All-Australian but he's a passable footballer, goes at 10-15 touches and a goal per game which is about what you expect from a small forward. McEntee on the other hand has spent the last two years being probably the single most ineffective regular at AFL level in the league.

You wouldn't be human if you didn't feel a little heart-ping for someone going through it. But it's his own fault. He should have left many times over already.
No I don’t. He’s on 1 mil a year and up performing, most would resign, not him, so he has to take it

Sweet had a solid game. Couple of forgettable moments but outweighed by the good. Won the ruck contest and laid 7 tackles.

If he was given a free every time Marshall hung off him like a limpet, he would have another dozen touches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 16, 2024 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back