Review Round 16, 2024 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

They should be giving Narkle a few games at least now he may not be a long termer, but fukc me he at least resembles a footballer as opposed to F. Evans & McEntee.
He did some nice things today even in defence. He has small forward instincts which apart from Rioli is lacking amongst our other smalls

It is not enough I know to just make finals but its better to have a chance to qualify and finally produce better results in the finals than to have the ignominy of failing to make finals, particularly when we don't have a first round selection. Apart from Boak, everyone who played today is young enough to benefit from finals experience. Just because we want to change coach doesn't mean I won't support my team to win.

Well, if we do make finals this year, it'll obviously be with Hinkley, unless a miracle occurs.

Hinkley teams have already failed at 3 prelims over a bunch of years, and since the last one, we have only regressed. I don't know about you, but losing a prelim is ****ing painful.

We're not winning a grand final this year, no ****ing chance. Everyone can see that, although perhaps you can't. At this point the best thing for the club is to lose as many games as it can, by as much as possible. Sad, painful, but true nonetheless.

Beggars belief that we've preferred McEntee ahead of him in the depth chart for the last year. Narkle isn't ever going to be an All-Australian but he's a passable footballer, goes at 10-15 touches and a goal per game which is about what you expect from a small forward. McEntee on the other hand has spent the last two years being probably the single most ineffective regular at AFL level in the league.
Narkle can at least look competent pushing up the ground as well and handy in link up play, it's been a bizarre pickup in the sense he's clearly a better option than the two spud rotation yet he's hardly had a look in.

Didn't watch the game. Elected to watch an inspiring movie called Unsung Hero instead. Tipped Port to win coz we have a great record against the Saints & knew the players would rally to an extent. Expected the margin to be bigger though. Let's not lose our shit, we need to stay patient, a week is a long time in footy. As a membership we just need to continue to do our role to get the best outcome for our club. SACK HINKLEY
You missed one of the greatest sporting contests this century.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would not want my life to depend Mitch Georgiades' kicking for goal. To give Mitch the benefit of the doubt he was probably trying to soak up time with that last shot but it was an atrocious kick all the same. That aside I thought Georgiades played reasonably well as he appeared to spend a lot of time out on the wing where he took some timely marks.

A score of 4.13 after quarter is symptomatic of our woes and suggests that Mitch was not the only one who missed what he should have kicked. We keep burning opportunities and we could have and should have lead that game by 4 or 5 goals at three quarter time had we taken our chances. Yet another last quarter fade out, we seem to get the ball OK but we do not make the opposition pay.

Narkle also looks an improvement on McEntee and Francis Evans. I reckon Narkle and Rioli as the small forwards might be the best option.
The Georgiades miss was easier to kick than miss. I don’t get it playing under a roof 20 metres out straight in front professional footballer beggars belief really. All our forwards are so unreliable in front of goal.

He did some nice things today even in defence. He has small forward instincts which apart from Rioli is lacking amongst our other smalls

And he made position around the forward line like an actual option.

Is it just coincidence that Ratugolea was not there?
Both Aliir and BZT looked much better organised without Ratugolea there.

Maybe Ford Fairlanes's suggestion to play him up forward could be the way to go as there is no doubt he has been extremely disappointing as a key defender.

We can't play 3 talls. They have no idea what each other is doing & there's no space for Allir to do what he does best. 3 mobile talls can work but we don't have 3 mobile talls which is why it doesn't work.

If Marshall is out next week would they consider playing Ratugolea up forward? Ollie Lord isn't exactly firing and 17 possessions for 4 goals across 3 games since his return is not really good enough so maybe Esava could come into the forward line even if Todd is fit? Not saying it will happen as it is just a thought.

When Narkle scored the point to put us in front in the last quarter there was still 7.40 left.

Hard to believe neither team scored again until the end.

I’d be curious to know from anyone that was actually at that game what the body language and general effort was from Finlayson.

His third qtr was pretty good.

I haven’t seen much of St Kilda but after watching today’s game it was going to be a tough ask to beat Port. There’s just a lack of star power. Despite that they got within a goal. With a bit more luck the victory could have gone the other way.

That says a lot about Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 16, 2024 vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back