Having nightmares about their forward line playing on our back line, all week ✅
McKay - Tex
Logue - Fogarty
Corr - thilthorpe
McDonald - rankine
Perez - rachele
Sheezel - pedler

TT rotating back there also

I’ve got perez in for Ziebell this week. Perez and rachele the 2 lads with soccer backgrounds to match up on each other and reward Perez’s form

On top of LDU and tucker coming in for greenwood and spicer

Let’s see if McKay can bump that contract price up by keeping Tex quiet

Whatever do you mean?

Josh Rachele - Darcy Fogarty - Luke Pedlar
Aidan Corr - Griffin Logue - Jack Ziebell

Lachlan Murphy - Taylor Walker - Izak Rankine
Harry Sheezel - Ben McKay - Luke McDonald

You can move the deck chairs all you like, but it certainly highlights the backline deficiencies, doesn't it?

Tex got most of the goals against the Pies, but I'd imagine, even if he's held, one or more of the smalls will have a field day, as is often the case. If we're to even go close, the midfield will need to stop easy forward entries for the Crows.

B: Brodie Smith, Jordon Butts, Nick Murray
F: Cameron Zurhaar - Nick Larkey - Paul Curtis

HB: Mitchell Hinge - Max Michalanney - Wayne Milera
HF: Eddie Ford - Callum Coleman-Jones - Jaidyn Stephenson

C: Chayce Jones - Jordan Dawson - Lachlan Sholl
C Jy Simpkin - Luke Davies-Uniake - Bailey Scott

HF: Josh Rachele - Darcy Fogarty - Luke Pedlar
HB: Aidan Corr - Griffin Logue - Jack Ziebell

F: Lachlan Murphy - Taylor Walker - Izak Rankine
B: Harry Sheezel - Ben McKay - Luke McDonald

FOL: Reilly O'Brien - Rory Laird - Ben Keays
FOL: Todd Goldstein - Will Phillips - Tarryn Thomas

I: Riley Thilthorpe, Rory Sloane, Jake Soligo, Josh Worrell
I: Hugh Greenwood, Liam Shiels, Tom Powell, George Wardlaw

Let's also not forget - how could we? - that we are yet to win at Adelaide Oval. 0-10 record! Almost as bad as our recent run of losses (0-12).

One thing is for certain. We wouldn’t want to give up 72 forward 50 entries to the Crows. That would result in a Swans v WC scenario.

In LDU and George we trust…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Our transition defence is gonna be absolutely tragic lol. Will be fascinating (and by fascinating, I mean soul destroying) to see the respective teams' scores from turnover at game's end

Adelaide and Geelong are what could be called “yardstick games”. Since the Port Adelaide debacle, we have been very competitive. However, all those games were played in “favourable” conditions for us. This is the first genuine away game in ages.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hate to be that pessimistic campaigner, but there’s no ignoring our record in Adelaide is atrocious.

In 2021 when Adelaide sucked they belted us.
In 2022 when they were less sucky we had our best chance of winning when LDU carried us for 3 quarters before we ran out of legs.
Adelaide in 2023 are now a genuine threat again.
Forward power across all lines and have a midfield that can do damage.

I just can’t see how our streak ends.

So we are coming off the bye where no team has won so far. On a 12 game losing streak. Have never won at Adelaide Oval. Havnt won in Adelaide since 2011. And havnt beaten Adelaide in Adelaide since 2003. 20 year hoodoo.
This is woeful by the club. 2 decades since our last win. I can’t see us getting within 5-6 goals and a loss under 40 is a good outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IN: Bergman LDU
OUT: Spicer Corr

B: Ziebell Logue Bergman
HB: Sheezel McKay Powell
C: Scott LDU Ford
HF: Stephenson CCJ Thomas
F: Zurhaar Larkey Curtis
R: Goldstein Wardlaw Phillips
I: Simpkin McDonald Shiels Greenwood
S: Tucker

I hate to be that pessimistic campaigner, but there’s no ignoring our record in Adelaide is atrocious.

In 2022 when they were less sucky we had our best chance of winning when LDU carried us for 3 quarters before we ran out of legs.

So we are coming off the bye where no team has won so far. On a 12 game losing streak. Have never won at Adelaide Oval. Havnt won in Adelaide since 2011. And havnt beaten Adelaide in Adelaide since 2003. 20 year hoodoo.
This is woeful by the club. 2 decades since our last win. I can’t see us getting within 5-6 goals and a loss under 40 is a good outcome.
Gees mate, I was looking forward to going to the footy. Might go watch my son play instead.

Dude way to make a bloke 😭

LDU back is going to help tremendously.

The only way we're in this is Adelaide get complacent and we jump them early before they wake up. If we're hanging in there applying some scoreboard pressure, it could make them a little less threatening.

If we're shite from the get go and give them an easy lead, it will be a very long day. I think we are in this as long as we give the young dynamic a genuine crack with LDU in there.

If we're too senior heavy and playing too many inside bulls, we'll get slaughtered. We have to mix it up in the middle.

Dude way to make a bloke 😭
Sorry D. Usually look for any sort of positives and other than a few boys being fresher and LDU back, it’s gonna be a tough ask.
Is this the best you can do?
Strongest 22 we have put out in years.
In fact Comben aside for CCJ - full credit to the club for hitting round 15 with 95% of the top 25 on the list being fit and available.

The only way we're in this is Adelaide get complacent and we jump them early before they wake up. If we're hanging in there applying some scoreboard pressure, it could make them a little less threatening.

If we're shite from the get go and give them an easy lead, it will be a very long day. I think we are in this as long as we give the young dynamic a genuine crack with LDU in there.

If we're too senior heavy and playing too many inside bulls, we'll get slaughtered. We have to mix it up in the middle.
Ah, an ambush. I like it.

Only way we get close is by smashing them in the clearances and getting quality inside 50s from those clearances. Not just bombing it in. They're gonna score 100 regardless of what we try and will kill us on the spread. Our forward half play will be ****ing vital and whoever plays the quarter back role (Sheez, I hope) is gonna have a shit ton of responsibility put on them

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

I agree except for the complacent bit. I think we are getting to the point - especially with LDU back - that the team can do some damage when fresh. If we hit hard and don't mess up too much in the first 3/4 of the first term we might be able to put ourselves in a position to actually force them to respond. The trick will be whether we can keep the sloppy disposal to a minimum and when we hit the wall each quarter.

The type of conditions that could resuscitate the shinboner spirit. We're so close to a breakthrough.

North by 1. LDU to kick the sealer on return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 16 changes vs crows after the bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back