Preview Round 16 changes vs crows after the bye

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate to be that pessimistic campaigner, but there’s no ignoring our record in Adelaide is atrocious.

In 2021 when Adelaide sucked they belted us.
In 2022 when they were less sucky we had our best chance of winning when LDU carried us for 3 quarters before we ran out of legs.
Adelaide in 2023 are now a genuine threat again.
Forward power across all lines and have a midfield that can do damage.

I just can’t see how our streak ends.

So we are coming off the bye where no team has won so far. On a 12 game losing streak. Have never won at Adelaide Oval. Havnt won in Adelaide since 2011. And havnt beaten Adelaide in Adelaide since 2003. 20 year hoodoo.
This is woeful by the club. 2 decades since our last win. I can’t see us getting within 5-6 goals and a loss under 40 is a good outcome.
LOL.

We're gonna win this game aren't we.

Pies was a 5-6 goal loss fair bit different to a 10 goal loss
Yeah forgot it was that close, probably shouldn't have said result, poor choice of words. I'm hoping we hang in and give them a real shake but they're 3 years ahead of us in developing a system so think we'll be outclassed much like we were against the Pies and we usually struggle over there.

The type of conditions that could resuscitate the shinboner spirit. We're so close to a breakthrough.

North by 1. LDU to kick the sealer on return.

LOL.

We're gonna win this game aren't we.
Honestly. If we can limit our turnovers then maybe. Our ball use has cost us 5 wins before the bye. Using it well may mean the margin doesn’t blow out.
We have too many defenders out of form. Ziebell, McDonald, McKay etc. This is our weak link.

The only way we can win is if we sense Adelaide are off and still thinking about last weeks loss and the midfield and forwards go nuts. The fact it’s Tuesday and their captain is still carrying on around the non decision isn’t a good sign for them.

That saying, nothing ever goes our way in Adelaide and I fully expect them to come out and ambush us 2015 style.

Honestly. If we limit our turnovers and it’s cost us 5 wins before the bye tbh then that will mean the margin doesn’t blow out.

The only way we can win is if we sense Adelaide are off and thinking about last weeks loss. The fact it’s Tuesday and their captain is still carrying on around the non decision isn’t a good sign for them.

That saying, nothing ever goes our way in Adelaide and I fully expect them to come out and ambush us 2015 style.
Or we ambush them 2017 style. 10 goals to no score in the first quarter. I miss Jarryd Waite.

Sorry D. Usually look for any sort of positives and other than a few boys being fresher and LDU back, it’s gonna be a tough ask.

Strongest 22 we have put out in years.
In fact Comben aside for CCJ - full credit to the club for hitting round 15 with 95% of the top 25 on the list being fit and available.
Your posts are kind of contradictory ‘we are shite and going to get smashed’ vs ‘this is the strongest 22 in years’ I am confused. Maybe just nominate a score we will lose by despite fielding our best team in years?

Your posts are kind of contradictory ‘we are shite and going to get smashed’ vs ‘this is the strongest 22 in years’ I am confused. Maybe just nominate a score we will lose by despite fielding our best team in years?
I think this translates to: Best version of historically bad team is still bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Denis Pagan once said to me - 'only supporters think we can win every game'. Sadly, that's me.
Starting to suspect that might not have been the messaging to go with prior to the '98 Grand Final.

Denis Pagan once said to me - 'only supporters think we can win every game'. Sadly, that's me.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Denis Pagan once said to me at training "move out of the way, son"

Has Jarrad Waite had any sons?

I remember watching us get our first round 1 win at Marvel against the croms. Waite was electric
Imagine we could score a free agent with that much talent this year to partner Souva. He has sons but assume blues will get dibs first?

I'd love to see some speed in defense around McKay and Logue. Those guys can handle the aerial stuff. We get killed on the ground and in transition and Adelaide will be no exception.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Round 16 changes vs crows after the bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Back