Trades Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

But next week he will be sub $400K and had an average of 97 before his injury (and that was with a somewhat questionable role)

Unless you are top 100 and going for the overall win, then he has to be heavily considered.

The upgrade from Johnson to Mills next week will leave me with around $100K in the bank, allowing me to get someone decent in when the inevitable season long injury happens.

And who's to say he doesn't come back into form. He's averaged over 110 the last two years.
You’re missing the point. If you only have 200k in the bank right now and Johnson is your only viable rookie to upgrade, then of course Mills is an obvious choice. I’m talking about people picking him when they have the luxury to go elsewhere. He very well may come back and average 110, but if there were odds of that they would currently be the underdog based on his stats pre injury. It is very clearly a risk, to act otherwise is ingenious. At this point of the season with limited cash gen and trades you need to make the smartest plays possible. If you’re only going to have 100k left the remainder of the season then of course pick Mills so you have cover for injuries.

You’re missing the point. If you only have 200k in the bank right now and Johnson is your only viable rookie to upgrade, then of course Mills is an obvious choice. I’m talking about people picking him when they have the luxury to go elsewhere. He very well may come back and average 110, but if there were odds of that they would currently be the underdog based on his stats pre injury. It is very clearly a risk, to act otherwise is ingenious. At this point of the season with limited cash gen and trades you need to make the smartest plays possible. If you’re only going to have 100k left the remainder of the season then of course pick Mills so you have cover for injuries.
Yeh if you can go any clear top 6 mids without compromising the rest of your team then definitely do that.

As it stands for me it's either Walsh (and have SFA leftover money), or wait a week and get Mills and have $100K leftover. I'm choosing Mills.

I'd say a lot of the people who would be passing on Mills because he isn't "top 10 mids" would be at least in the top 500 though.

Cerra has looked really good this season, barring when we played him, our most in-form mid, as a ******* HBF’r, of which we have a bountiful supply of :drunk:

Pretty set on Humpa, Ashy and Weddle to TT, HH and Keays this week, but am interested to hear what others would do with this current team:

View attachment 1722598View attachment 1722600View attachment 1722601

I’ve tried not looking at it in the hope it will improve, but to no avail.

TT, HH, and Keays gets me somewhat “complete” , albeit with a weak D6/M8/F6, but, with plenty of cover in Fyfe, MJ, Seamus (who will become Mills) Cinc and Windy.

Any other thoughts that don’t include trading out any of my faux premos?
I'm probably the last person you want to ask given my own dubious situation.

But if this was my team, I think the investment in the bench cover is a little over-the-top given the relatively weak D6/M8/F6 you'd have on field.

I'm scared that just having TT as F6 is a risk in my own team - let alone adding Keays and HH into the mix too. Any one of these 3 is okay - at least that's what I'm telling myself :grimacing: - but all three?

Separately, if you're trading out Humpa, I'd be tempted to bring either Kentstable or Cinc down to the mid-line, and have a fwd/def rookie on your def bench.

I'd be tempted to trade three rookies to 2 good premos (say 2 of Ridley, Walsh, Sinclair, Treloar) plus a def/fwd dpp rookie as your d8.

While you're waiting on the ducks to get in a row, Johnson should be okay at m8 for a week or two.

Good luck!

Probably no trades. Have Mitchell/Fyfe as my F6 currently which kinda sucks but i m waiting a bit for Butters to hopefully fall a bit. Side is good apart from that

Praying Piggy finally plays this week.

Ranked 410

4 trades left.

Thinking of doing:

Melican ---> Mulin
Humpdog ----> Walsh

Basically completes my team pending if Steele comes good, would likely trade him to Keays but Saints have West Coast and if Steele can't tonne up vs those headless chooks then no one can lol

Currently ranked 7k

1687744088491.png

I'm probably the last person you want to ask given my own dubious situation.

But if this was my team, I think the investment in the bench cover is a little over-the-top given the relatively weak D6/M8/F6 you'd have on field.

I'm scared that just having TT as F6 is a risk in my own team - let alone adding Keays and HH into the mix too. Any one of these 3 is okay - at least that's what I'm telling myself :grimacing: - but all three?

Separately, if you're trading out Humpa, I'd be tempted to bring either Kentstable or Cinc down to the mid-line, and have a fwd/def rookie on your def bench.

I'd be tempted to trade three rookies to 2 good premos (say 2 of Ridley, Walsh, Sinclair, Treloar) plus a def/fwd dpp rookie as your d8.

While you're waiting on the ducks to get in a row, Johnson should be okay at m8 for a week or two.

Good luck!
My main problem with SuperCoach, and it’s been like this for over a decade, is my desperate need to find a bargain with every trade-in - hence the 3 midpricers to finish the team in a hurry.

I think I’m going to change tack this week and bring in a def rookie (as you suggested) plus two proper premos and leave Ashcroft @ M8 (as Mr Christo put forward)

Walsh and Ryan seem to be good value for their averages with a 216 point average for 2 players - plus Ashy brings it close to 300 between the three. I’d forecast that the TT/HH/Keays combo would/could match that if they all play well, but i think I like the Walsh/Ryan/Ashy combo for now, and will upgrade Ashy in a couple for another proper premo.

Semus Mitchell > Butters and have M.Johnson as my only decent bench cover
or
A.Davey > D.Cameron and have M.Johnson and S. Mitchell as my only decent bench cover
I feel like Mitchell is a good hold if you have a D/F swingman rookie

Semus Mitchell > Butters and have M.Johnson as my only decent bench cover
or
A.Davey > D.Cameron and have M.Johnson and S. Mitchell as my only decent bench cover
Bench cover is the thing now. IMO it depends on how many trades you have left, and what you think is the best use of your cash.

Mitchell and Johnno could be very useful covering a one week injury/suspension. But it's also a lot of cash to sit on the bench not getting used other weeks. Cash you could use to turn a Yeo/Steele/Day type into a proper SP which is points on the field.

What it will come down too is how much carnage you get over the last 9 rounds, and there is no way to know that now.

My main problem with SuperCoach, and it’s been like this for over a decade, is my desperate need to find a bargain with every trade-in - hence the 3 midpricers to finish the team in a hurry.

I think I’m going to change tack this week and bring in a def rookie (as you suggested) plus two proper premos and leave Ashcroft @ M8 (as Mr Christo put forward)

Walsh and Ryan seem to be good value for their averages with a 216 point average for 2 players - plus Ashy brings it close to 300 between the three. I’d forecast that the TT/HH/Keays combo would/could match that if they all play well, but i think I like the Walsh/Ryan/Ashy combo for now, and will upgrade Ashy in a couple for another proper premo.
Sometimes, dependability becomes the bargain.

Walsh and Ryan sound great.

I need the cash so this round, think I might have to go
Weddle> Mullin and Humpa> Merrett...........didn't really want to move Wedds on BUT....

and Rd17 go Johnson > Mills.

I'll then have a full premo team with 3 trades remaining and around 50K in kitty.

Rioli D6......Mullin D7
Mills M8.....Hewett M9
DC F6.......Maric Sturt F7,8

Tossing up whether Humphrey becomes Butters, a pure mid, Daniel, Ridley, don’t even know. Can afford anyone by downgrading Atkins to Mullin.
You’d be close to straight swapping Shatkins/Humpa to Day and Keays with your bank, no?

Edit: you miss by a few k.

What does SMitch and Humpa buy you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d be close to straight swapping Shatkins/Humpa to Day and Keays with your bank, no?

Edit: you miss by a few k.

What does SMitch and Humpa buy you?

I don’t trust Day to keep his scoring up with Sicily back in the team.

Ratkins and Humphrey can get me Yeo and Keays, leaving JVR, Thomas, and SMitch as my bench backup.

I don’t trust Day to keep his scoring up with Sicily back in the team.

Ratkins and Humphrey can get me Yeo and Keays, leaving JVR, Thomas, and SMitch as my bench backup.
Decent bench back-up.

Yeo scares me. I suppose you could play the looping game with SMitch and Yeo… but their next few games are pretty close together.

Currently tossing up between Keays and Himmelberg for my F6 position (Fyfe F7).

Keays has more runs on the board in 2023 and is probably the safer option as it stands. Happy to spend the extra $70K for a bit more security.

What’s the reason behind Keays’ big improvement in the last month? If he’s had a role change I feel a lot better about bringing him in than if it’s just a purple patch.

What’s the reason behind Keays’ big improvement in the last month? If he’s had a role change I feel a lot better about bringing him in than if it’s just a purple patch.
More time on ball. He was playing forward prior to the last month, but now is getting minimum 50% CBAs.

There's no doubt he scores well when he plays on ball, the only question is whether he is moved back into the forward line at any stage.

Playing too well on ball to suggest he would move though.

Ranked just outside 1k, 8 trades, $22k

Have to address HH/Fyfe in fwds, have a fairly strong bench so possibly sacrifice a couple, maybe Ford and Cincotta to build some $200k. Then next week chase a Mills plus someone about $520k, or just a Sicily when hes back.

A little voice is telling me that the 8 trades might be valuable in the run home though.

Screenshot_20230626_152158.jpg
Screenshot_20230626_152102.jpg

Sturt to Walsh with cash in the bank.

Leaves me with 4 trades, and a 'complete' team, Steele at M8, Jezza at F6 with Harrison covering him for a couple weeks, Briggs at R2, DC at F5, Chayce at D6 with Seamus at D7. Johnson at M9, Humpa M10 and unfortunately stuck there because I effed up getting Maric in - didn't realise the impact of the trade because I had Dunks and Cogs in the mids temporarily through the byes. Now that everything is settled I realise that I should have traded Ford to a mid, not a forward. Oh well. Another problem to fix later when another emerges

I'd like to spend two trades getting an actual premo at D6 but that's gonna have to wait for a month with my trades so low

Sturt to Walsh with cash in the bank.

Leaves me with 4 trades, and a 'complete' team, Steele at M8, Jezza at F6 with Harrison covering him for a couple weeks, Briggs at R2, DC at F5, Chayce at D6 with Seamus at D7. Johnson at M9, Humpa M10 and unfortunately stuck there because I effed up getting Maric in - didn't realise the impact of the trade because I had Dunks and Cogs in the mids temporarily through the byes. Now that everything is settled I realise that I should have traded Ford to a mid, not a forward. Oh well. Another problem to fix later when another emerges

I'd like to spend two trades getting an actual premo at D6 but that's gonna have to wait for a month with my trades so low
Have you looked at Himmelberg, who can help cover F6 and D6 (pending DPP status)

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back