Preview Round 16 v Carlton MCG Sunday June 30th 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Well folks this week isn't one I'm particularly looking forward to. While it's been fun playing Carlton over the last 10 years as we won 12 lost 2 and had a draw I get the feeling that this week will be anything but fun for us Tigers fans.

Carlton come into this game having easily dispatched Geelong last Friday night by 10 goals where they tuned up with a 9 goal last term. As much as we all dislike Carlton, they are looking pretty good as a team at the moment, their defence is quite solid, their midfield grinds teams into the dirt and their forwards in McKay & Curnow have shared the last 3 Coleman Medals between them and look on track to add another at the end of the year.

Meanwhile our season has been shot since very early on when the injury crisis began and hasn't looked like ending any time soon as we seem to be constantly getting someone back then losing 2 more the following week. Our back like has been battling against the odds all year and this weekend will be no different, our midfield has spent more time in the stands than on the ground and while we may get Hopper back this week we're still going to be up against it with the Blues at near full strength in the middle, while I'll be amazed if we manage to kick more than 6 goals this weekend with Lynch once again injured and the rest of the forward line have barely fired a shot this year.

So what can we gain from this game that may make it worthwhile attending or watching, it may sound cheesy, but for me it's watching the likes of Ralphsmith Dow McAuliffe Brown Mansell Cumberland Sonsie Campbell & Miller and seeing the gradual improvement from them, even though some still are polarizing the fan base, they are the bright light from this horror season.

Possible Line Up:
Out: Lynch Cumberland
In: Blight Hopper

B: Blight Miller Broad
HB: Brown Vlastuin D.Rioli
C: McIntosh Taranto Ralphsmith
HF: Mansell Bolton Baker
F: Balta Martin Koschitzke
R: Nankervis Hopper Dow
INT: Campbell McAuliffe Sonsie Short Graham

Result
Well it's going to be ugly and the only thing that stops that from happening is if it pisses down rain all weekend and turns the game into a slog, even then we'll be lucky to get within 6 goals of the Blues, if it doesn't rain then we could be looking at a Brisbane/Bulldogs type of margin.
Get beaten by 48 points and the only bloke we are going to drop is Cumberland??

Lots of blokes playing well in the VFL

Make some senior players accountable ...

Drop Bolton for visiting other clubs when he has 4 years left on his contract ...

Yze has got to stop playing Mr Nice Guy ... is he going to draw a line in the sand at some point

Last edited:

Drop Bolton for visiting other clubs when he has 4 years left on his contract ...

Yze has got playing Mr Nice Guy ... is he going to draw a line in the sand at some point

At some point we need to start getting consistency with regards to our line up instead of the constant 3+ changes happening every week.

This may shock you, but if Hopper wasn't coming back my only change this week would be Lynch out for Blight.

At some point we need to start getting consistency with regards to our line up instead of the constant 3+ changes happening every week.

This may shock you, but if Hopper wasn't coming back my only change this week would be Lynch out for Blight.
Isn't Graham injured?

Surely we can rush Prestia back this week.

Yze has got playing Mr Nice Guy ... is he going to draw a line in the sand at some point

Be good to have one last look at Green for Cumbo. Smith to HBF.

And Bauer somewhere too.

Was JGTI inured too? Sonsie stays then

Kmac for Banks 'd be great.

Bolton in talks with WA clubs! WOW what's he gunna do? let out our gameplan secrets.

as if you can't use FB to meet anyone anywhere anonymously.

blooze fan base would bring 5k to this game if they werent winning

biggest bandwagoners ive ever seen

remember we played spot the blooze fans at Richmond / Carlton games for at least 10 years

Be good to have one last look at Green for Cumbo. Smith to HBF.

And Bauer somewhere too.

Was JGTI inured too? Sonsie stays then

Kmac for Banks 'd be great.

Bolton in talks with WA clubs! WOW what's he gunna do? let out our gameplan secrets.

as if you can't use FB to meet anyone anywhere anonymously.
Mid season trading is next year or so. Back to the good old days of Rex Hunt/Gareth Andrews. Maybe we could lose Bolton mid season.

Get up and about you lot, surely you are well rested after the bye
Joyful Noise Beach GIF by Joyful Noise Recordings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every chance. North will beat us.
Well, nearly beat the Pies and some of their supporters think they have been a powerhouse for the last 6-8 decades

We know what's coming from the umpires. Makes it hard to get excited.

Playing on the edge helped your mob win flags in recent times, can't see that changing

Well, nearly beat the Pies and some of their supporters think they have been a powerhouse for the last 6-8 decades

Playing on the edge helped your mob win flags in recent times, can't see that changing
1719371072199.png

Playing on the edge was a Dimma directive. Have a look how his current teams fairing.

View attachment 2030672

Playing on the edge was a Dimma directive. Have a look how his current teams fairing.
Player habit, I wouldn't complain about that though

Many frees you give away is after an opposition player sights a loose teammate, you giving away a free to the disposer sets a tone for the next contest

I'd prefer we played more on that edge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back