Preview Round 17, 2021: Brisbane v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 10th July, 7:25PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Lions

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Saints

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It definitely helps us if it's there as it goes from away ground to neutral.

But yes they are the most in form team in the comp and we will most likely lose comfortably.
This game will show how much spirit the team has - they need to be looking at this game as winnable and come out and attack the ball as there life depended upon it.
Players will be playing for there future from here on in - Billings , Ross , Dunstan , McKenzie , Sinclair and Wood have still not put pen to paper.

If Battle doesn't play this week with Daniher, Hipwood and McStay in their forward then the selection committee can get f##ked. We were lucky Cox and Cameron were dropping marks in their forward line last week. Brisbane are a different animal. Ranked 1st inside 50's, 4th for marks inside 50, 2nd in goals, 4th in goal assists and 3rd in clearances.
I don't think we will win this and our finals chances are slim so I'm open to the idea of having Sharman debut this weekend along with Connolly in the side with Butler and Billings to step aside. Butler as the sub. I doubt the selectors will share my enthusiasm as I imagine they still expect us to play finals, as some of their jobs rely on making finals.

If Battle doesn't play this week with Daniher, Hipwood and McStay in their forward then the selection committee can get f##ked. We were lucky Cox and Cameron were dropping marks in their forward line last week. Brisbane are a different animal. Ranked 1st inside 50's, 4th for marks inside 50, 2nd in goals, 4th in goal assists and 3rd in clearances.
I don't think we will win this and our finals chances are slim so I'm open to the idea of having Sharman debut this weekend along with Connolly in the side with Butler and Billings to step aside. Butler as the sub. I doubt the selectors will share my enthusiasm as I imagine they still expect us to play finals, as some of their jobs rely on making finals.
I certainly hope they don’t share your enthusiasm Sharman deserves a game as much as I do. We should be playing our best side. I’d drop Connelly and play battle. Billings unless injured certainly doesn’t deserve to be dropped

I certainly hope they don’t share your enthusiasm Sharman deserves a game as much as I do. We should be playing our best side. I’d drop Connelly and play battle. Billings unless injured certainly doesn’t deserve to be dropped
We tried playing our "best side" with Richo week in, week out. That did wonders for the club.

It definitely helps us if it's there as it goes from away ground to neutral.

But yes they are the most in form team in the comp and we will most likely lose comfortably.
I agree with all of this - but being at the Gabba would make it even harder for us. I don't think it matters really. We could play them at Docklands and stioll get smashed. We need to hit them with everything we've got and hurt them early and hard!

Are you taking the piss? Sharman in for Billings, Jesus H Christ.

Why does the AFL website have us playing in NSW on Saturday night?
Because when YOU opened the thread it said ANYWHERE. ANYTIME.

You know we are going to blame you for everything now George after last weeks curious case of the 3Q capitulation. I think the latest rumour is that you are actually Ratts and you were opening threads instead of coaching last week. #ElectronicallyCheckedOut

Billings looked pretty shit last week. If he's injured someone else should come in. Kenty probably that guy though.

Our forward line isn't exactly tearing it up at the moment so why not throw someone different into the mix? He kicked 2 goals in a crappy VFL side against a much better opponent. Billings wasn't great last week and Plantar Fasciitis doesn't go away easily. Time for this club to grow some balls and take risks or we'll spend another 10yrs middle of the pack.

Our forward line isn't exactly tearing it up at the moment so why not throw someone different into the mix? He kicked 2 goals in a crappy VFL side against a much better opponent. Billings wasn't great last week and Plantar Fasciitis doesn't go away easily. Time for this club to grow some balls and take risks or we'll spend another 10yrs middle of the pack.
Cant see the point in throwing young /inexperienced players up against probably the best side in the league. Bloke gets a thrashing from someone like Rich or Andrews and takes ages for them to get their confidence back. You only do that when you are one of the top teams.

Cant see the point in throwing young /inexperienced players up against probably the best side in the league. Bloke gets a thrashing from someone like Rich or Andrews and takes ages for them to get their confidence back. You only do that when you are one of the top teams.
How do you think Andrews, Hipwood, McCluggage all got the where they are today? They were played young and got their arses handed to them for many weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would you pick a 193cm wing/forward who hasn't played back since rd4, after getting towelled up by Jack Riewoldt, to play on one of Brisbane's 200cm forwards?

Also Tony74 on saintsational posted that the reason for Battle being dropped was poor disposal.

Tony usually has a clue as to what's going on so I find it pretty interesting as I generally wouldn't have thought that he has bad disposal.

Gotta laugh. One of the most hypocritical things I've heard. It's ok for others to have bad disposal and get in the 22, but Battle gets shafted? Bizarre again if true.
And I thought the club was just promoting strengths and not weaknesses? Let's not talk about others weaknesses, but Battle is fair game?
I don't get what comes out of this club sometimes. Dropped after his best match for the year, yikes 🤯

Why would you pick a 193cm wing/forward who hasn't played back since rd4, after getting towelled up by Jack Riewoldt, to play on one of Brisbane's 200cm forwards?
So you'd rather play a half back flanker or a midfielder pretending to be a defender against those forwards?

Gotta laugh. One of the most hypocritical things I've heard. It's ok for others to have bad disposal and get in the 22, but Battle gets shafted? Bizarre again if true.
And I thought the club was just promoting strengths and not weaknesses? Let's not talk about others weaknesses, but Battle is fair game?
I don't get what comes out of this club sometimes. Dropped after his best match for the year, yikes 🤯
I love how people get angry at the club on a rumour on a social media site. Why just take it for what it probably is and that’s crap.

Nope. They played because the senior players were injured and their list wasn't in great shape. They had a baptism of fire and have come out better for it.
Really. You remember that back then. I reckon you are just using words to back up something which I haven’t worked out yet. And if it was through injury then that’s a different story. Play players when ready. Sharman isn’t close to ready. It wouldn’t help him or the side in the short or long term.

Not at all. I would bring in one of the key defenders who have been in good form at Sandy.

The two key defenders we have (not including Allison) are Clav and Darra and neither one of them is exactly lighting up the VFL. There's not much size difference between those two and Battle but there's plenty of experience difference. Why not play Battle and let him prove himself? He's got a lot more to prove then Clav/Darra.

Really. You remember that back then. I reckon you are just using words to back up something which I haven’t worked out yet. And if it was through injury then that’s a different story. Play players when ready. Sharman isn’t close to ready. It wouldn’t help him or the side in the short or long term.
Yes I do because I live in Brisbane and before I had Kayo/AFL app all the footy I could watch was Lions or Suns games.

The two key defenders we have (not including Allison) are Clav and Darra and neither one of them is exactly lighting up the VFL. There's not much size difference between those two and Battle but there's plenty of experience difference. Why not play Battle and let him prove himself? He's got a lot more to prove then Clav/Darra.
If we are going to go with an undersized defender, we will just play Highmore on one of Brisbane's talls instead of someone who isnt a defender. If we are going to bring in someone different, it should be someone who is a key defender.

Joyce or Clav might not have done much but consistent performances in the 2nds is showing more than 1 good performance in maybe 6 weeks in a completely different position on the ground. What has Battle done apart from be the current BigFooty favourite to warrant being selected in a position he doesnt play? Why does he have more to prove than players who actually play that position?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back