Game Day Round 17, 2022 - Brisbane Lions vs. Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who will be taking the rich/Coleman/Zorko role today?

I think Carter Michael will fill a rebounding HB role. I wonder if Starcevich might be moved into more of an attacking role (though he's out best match up for Stringer in forward 50, Lester could also be given that role to see how he goes).

Zorko's been playing more of a mid/half forward role. His half forward time will probably be played by Cockatoo, and I think McCarthy/Bailey/Rayner may get a bit of a bump in midfield time/CBAs.

I'm amazing we're still paying 1.33. With our outs, that is insane.

I just can't wrap my heard around it. But I also am too cowardly to put money on the Bombers.

I think Carter Michael will fill a rebounding HB role. I wonder if Starcevich might be moved into more of an attacking role (though he's out best match up for Stringer in forward 50, Lester could also be given that role to see how he goes).

Zorko's been playing more of a mid/half forward role. His half forward time will probably be played by Cockatoo, and I think McCarthy/Bailey/Rayner may get a bit of a bump in midfield time/CBAs.

Positive they'll share the kick ins. Fully expect us to play very team first footy.

Thanks mate

No late changes! Subs: Rhys Mathieson (
@brisbanelions
) and Brayden Ham (
@essendonfc
)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfield has to put on big boy pants today and protect our inexperienced back 6/7. Think we can still win this one in a shoot out as we've only lost McStay from our forward group and Fort can do a job, but can't rely on transition from the back half to score - have to win and own the territory battle.

Fullarton has been named in the backline, not that it usually means much but I'm thinking he plays there, we have Hippy and Joe down forward and then one of the Big O or Fort as the resting ruckman.

Fort is named as centreman.:eek:

Relax. Weagles are living certainties.
I wasn't actually saying that - just saying what real pessimism looks like in reply to a previous comment.

My real thoughts are it's a challenge, no expectations of a win, but it will be awesome if we manage it.

Makes it easier to enjoy the game - the expectations are what make watching some of our recent games difficulty to watch.

Midfield has to put on big boy pants today and protect our inexperienced back 6/7. Think we can still win this one in a shoot out as we've only lost McStay from our forward group and Fort can do a job, but can't rely on transition from the back half to score - have to win and own the territory battle.

Spot on. Our midfield have put too much pressure on our backline for much of this season. With the inexperience down back today we cannot afford to let Essendon walk it out of the centre square. I think we will win, our forward line even without McStay (albeit in average form the past few weeks) should prove too much for the Essendon defence minus Redman.

This is my silver lining - the mids and forwards are going to work their butts off helping the novice defenders.

That will flick the working hard both ways switch that has been jammed to permanently on. For the rest of the year they play at that intensity and we win the gf as a direct result of this covid outbreak.

The only problem - team selection next week. How can we drop players in a brace, and valiant winning team??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back