Review Round 17, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Losing Starc early for a team who has been struggling down back lately, wasn't ideal.

Thought our patches throughout the game were far better than their patches, in a match that was largely a tussle.

Solid win, Neale & Dunks were great! Onto the next one, keep the ball rolling.

Another pretty average game but at least we’re banking wins now whilst not playing great unlike the alternative earlier in the year.

Watching us play the last couple of weeks strikes me as a team who has set themselves for a huge game against the Swans in a couple of weeks, but unfortunately we have to get through a few others first.

Will Ashcroft: 21 Disposals, 4 tackles, 1 clearance, 250 metres gained, 1 goal and only 76% ToG. Neale & Dunks with 85-87% ToG for reference.

Once he mentally gets full confidence back, he is going to be straight back to elite status.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rankine saw Starce after the match but wouldn’t go over and shake his hand.

Even I’m not that much of a coward. Dumb grub.

i know others would have stronger memories of the fab 4 than me, but neale is surely tracking in the right direction to be in the conversation for the greatest brisbane lion of all time
Voss, Akermanis, Black and Lappin were elite and Lachie is up with them. I am not sure that Voss can be topped though.

i know others would have stronger memories of the fab 4 than me, but neale is surely tracking in the right direction to be in the conversation for the greatest brisbane lion of all time
Individually skill-wise he is right up there but I think any Lions GOAT conversation usually takes into account the winning aspect, of which he is obviously going to be playing from behind there.

Blacky is probably his best comparison in terms of in-an under, ball magnet who is silky with usage. Does he pip him? Not sure I can bring myself to say it but he is shoulder to shoulder at the very least.

Voss will likely stay the Lions GOAT for my lifetime though, unless Lachie goes and wins 3 flags in a row from here.

Individually skill-wise he is right up there but I think any Lions GOAT conversation usually takes into account the winning aspect, of which he is obviously going to be playing from behind there.

Blacky is probably his best comparison in terms of in-an under, ball magnet who is silky with usage. Does he pip him? Not sure I can bring myself to say it but he is shoulder to shoulder at the very least.

Voss will likely stay the Lions GOAT for my lifetime though, unless Lachie goes and wins 3 flags in a row from here.
If Lachie had've been around for the 3 peat he would've been equal if not better to those guys.

His consistency over his entre career plus his durability is up there with all the best players from any team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 17, 2024 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide

Back