Prediction Round 17, 2024: Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting pretty tired of Simpson and his match committee bullshit. It's just exhausting and debilitating as a supporter to watch the same thing over an over šŸ’¤

Instead of looking forward to the game to see what exciting young depth players have been named and what new blood I can get behind in this REBUILDING side, I get the same shit show as last week, bar Hutchinson who's an unbackable favourite to be the sub for 10 minutes of game time.

I'm borderline at the point where I hope we're totally noncompetitive again and get annihilated, just so the blowtorch stays on Simpson and change might finally come šŸ”„
Itā€™s incredibly frustrating, Iā€™m gonna go drop the boat in the water and catch a fish or two, same thing tomorrow.
Just gotta plan for other activities until this shit show is over.

Itā€™s incredibly frustrating, Iā€™m gonna go drop the boat in the water and catch a fish or two, same thing tomorrow.
Just gotta plan for other activities until this shit show is over.
Kids were interested when we won a couple and were competitive. Back to mocking their old man for wasting his time again.

Being uncompetitive trash is poison to interest level.

Damn. Hope Oscar can fire up, maybe JWills/Hutch if they can get supply?
That old saying 'give them enough rope and they'll hang themselves'
Simpson's been given a lot of rope over last couple years. He's backed in the same team
again this week. In defence of his forward line, 'they haven't got enough supply to judge it' he says. Now our main goalscorer maybe out. This is a high stakes game for coach!? (although he'd probably deny that)

Last edited:
Jarrad Schofield says Waterman will play, he was just managing his body. Same for Kelly and Allen

Rubbish. Simpdick legit said in his presser if Waterman doesn't train you know he won't play.

This to me screams of the club being stupid and suddenly trying to play ducks and drake's after the fact, despite already showing their hand.

If Jake plays tomorrow I'll eat my hat.

Amateurhour.wa.gov.au

Dropping Gov, Barrass, Yeo, Cripps & Kelly would be a quick way to bring the average age down.
"Average" can be kind of a worthless stat in isolation.

Just swapping out Darling for Maric, Cripps for Dewar and Hutchinson for Hall drags our average age down from about 26 to 24 1/2.

Rubbish. Simpdick legit said in his presser if Waterman doesn't train you know he won't play.

This to me screams of the club being stupid and suddenly trying to play ducks and drake's after the fact, despite already showing their hand.

Amateurhour.wa.gov.au

Didnā€™t he say that if he wasnā€™t at the airport, he wonā€™t be playing?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Netflix Seriously GIF by Stranger Things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just swapping out Darling for Maric, Cripps for Dewar and Hutchinson for Hall drags our average age down from about 26 to 24 1/2.

Darling for sure. Guys who are both old and a shadow of their former selves with zero probability of being a part of a future upswing should only be full-blown-injury-crisis inclusions.

Cripps I disagree about. I think he is still worth his place in the side. I can agree it is debate-worthy though.
This is also what I meant about the "average" age being kinda misleading. Our list is mostly old dudes and young dudes and not enough in between.
You need to have some amount of experience in the side otherwise you're just tossing too many inexperienced kids to the wolves and they won't benefit from that.
Ideally a team would have plenty of mid-age players to take care of that, but we don't. So some amount of older guys are a necessary evil for us. That's just the reality of our list and of the mathematics of averages, so I wouldn't get too caught up in the average age stat for our team.

Hutchinson I'm not understanding. At 22yo I wouldn't saying he is pushing our average age into nursing home territory. Maybe you meant someone else.

If we want to play dewar to play wing at afl level he should trial that in the wafl first. Pretty simple stuff.

Chesser played two wafl games like a year ago and still performed better than Harvey / Burgiel recently.

No, not pretty simple stuff. These rules do not seem to apply to Chesser and that's the whole point.

If we want to play dewar to play wing at afl level he should trial that in the wafl first. Pretty simple stuff.

Chesser played two wafl games like a year ago and still performed better than Harvey / Burgiel recently.

nah we should trial it at AFL and if he does well we should make him the sub and then drop him for gaff

Darling for sure. Guys who are both old and a shadow of their former selves with zero probability of being a part of a future upswing should only be full-blown-injury-crisis inclusions.

Cripps I disagree about. I think he is still worth his place in the side. I can agree it is debate-worthy though.
This is also what I meant about the "average" age being kinda misleading. Our list is mostly old dudes and young dudes and not enough in between.
You need to have some amount of experience in the side otherwise you're just tossing too many inexperienced kids to the wolves and they won't benefit from that.
Ideally a team would have plenty of mid-age players to take care of that, but we don't. So some amount of older guys are a necessary evil for us. That's just the reality of our list and of the mathematics of averages, so I wouldn't get too caught up in the average age stat for our team.

Hutchinson I'm not understanding. At 22yo I wouldn't saying he is pushing our average age into nursing home territory. Maybe you meant someone else.

Think it was an exercise for the sake of showing how small the changes would have to be to reduce our average age, not an actual suggestion - coz you are spot on, some experience has to stay in the side.

Fair point. If the youth are ready?
No guarantee there will be green shoots either, it's not a given. Look at our hit and miss ratio this season. People still arguing over Ginbey and Chesser? We've tried a few, not all were up to speed. There will be more tried in this last block of games.
The youth might not be ready and we might get smashed...something we have not experienced since the last match we played...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back