Preview Round 17 - Brisbane Lions vs. Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I've noted Oscar in his press conference today noted that we need to be better defensively then we have been. It's a promising sign that it's been identified even tho we've been winning.
I watch, On The Couch, Monday night they said the same as Oscar. They have this thing the Premiership wall thingy where supposedly the last 17 Premiers come from the top right quadrant which is a balance between Defence and Offence - we are in there now but apparently could improve our defence a little. Found the section on Youtube

Twilight Sunday against Adelaide. Wonder what size crowd they're expecting for that
I'll be there. It's the last day/weekend of school holidays so I guess the game is the Sunday to allow people to get back from holidays and get to the game. I come down the Bruce Highway through the sunshine Coast from my farm and I'm expecting 4 hours in the traffic compared to the usual 1.5 hours so lets hope no accidents of maybe a few less than the Melbourne game.

I watch, On The Couch, Monday night they said the same as Oscar. They have this thing the Premiership wall thingy where supposedly the last 17 Premiers come from the top right quadrant which is a balance between Defence and Offence - we are in there now but apparently could improve our defence a little. Found the section on Youtube

After watching Oscar's interview put up yesterday I totally apologise for any detrimental things I've ever said about him.

What a lovely humble gentle human being he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One week at a time, as the saying goes.
I don't think we're as good as we think we are but I don't think most of the others are much chop either.

You have to rate Sydney if they can keep it up and personally I rate Carlton despite what I read here. They've got the right age profile and several gun players , plus the wind behind their back with the draw and their self belief.

But bar Coleman we've got just about our best lineup coming into form and we should make Top 4 . Win this week and another 2 or 3 teams could drop behind us.

And if we can't beat Adelaide at the Gabba this week then it's pretty much pointless thinking we're a contender.

I don't think we're as good as we think we are but I don't think most of the others are much chop either.

You have to rate Sydney if they can keep it up and personally I rate Carlton despite what I read here. They've got the right age profile and several gun players , plus the wind behind their back with the draw and their self belief.

But bar Coleman we've got just about our best lineup coming into form and we should make Top 4 . Win this week and another 2 or 3 teams could drop behind us.

And if we can't beat Adelaide at the Gabba this week then it's pretty much pointless thinking we're a contender.
Agreed. Carlton’s defence will be their undoing IMO, only Essendon and Geelong have given up more points of the top 8 sides

After watching Oscar's interview put up yesterday I totally apologise for any detrimental things I've ever said about him.

What a lovely humble gentle human being he is.
Ive seen him interviewed on an after game show, the commentators doing the interview said the same thing, he was joking and poking fun at himself, they were all having a laugh and it was actually really good. I think his post goal song at the Gabba says a lot about his sense of humour, "am I not pretty enough".

Jack Payne is back and named in the starting 18.:D

The extended bench >
[4] Callum Ah Chee,[8] Will Ashcroft,[28] Jaspa Fletcher,[29] James Tunstill,[32] Darcy Fort,[38] Bruce Reville,[41] Darragh Joyce,[44] Darcy Wilmot.

Tunstill, Fort and Joyce the obvious ones to miss out.

Who will be the sub, Fletcher, Ashcroft, Wilmot, Reville or Ah Chee?

I'm tipping it will be Ah Chee's turn this week.
Cal had a big impact with the number he did on Lever last week.

I'd be very surprised if it was him .

It can't be Wilmot or Ashcroft.

Which leaves you with Fletcher because it can't be Reville on form unless the thinking is he could do with a rest.

There's also Morris.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back