Prediction Round 17: Changes Vs St Kilda + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

it wont bother me slightly if we get belted.

If we lose, its 11 wins and 5 losses.

win this, and we practically 99% certain we get a finals spot
It will bother me more than slightly if we get belted.
Hell it will bother me if we lose by a small amount, and probably even if we win by only a small amount (heart troubles).

We should be aiming higher than a finals spot, it's so hard to get to a position you can actually challenge, we should be grabbing the chance and throwing everything at it.

We haven’t played well for ages , seasons balancing on a knife’s edge really

Mix is out with too many slower players and our defensive game is going backwards

Every team has their problems though apart from the Cats who look like they have Steven Danks son on the payroll

Saints by 4+ goals I think

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

It will bother me more than slightly if we get belted.
Hell it will bother me if we lose by a small amount, and probably even if we win by only a small amount (heart troubles).

We should be aiming higher than a finals spot, it's so hard to get to a position you can actually challenge, we should be grabbing the chance and throwing everything at it.
It sounds like i am resting on my laurels. Dockers are going in as slight underdogs.

I expect a dockers loss, but i wont be suprised if Freo win.

Not exactly the toughest away game we have had so far

Mix is out with too many slower players and our defensive game is going backwards

Every team has their problems though apart from the Cats who look like they have Steven Danks son on the payroll

We didn't play well against hawks and carlton. We played well last week. Took the foot off the pedal in the last. Don't think they make that same mistake again. That being said, If Darcy has a down game then saints will run over us.

Odriscoll, Acres, Chapman , Switta all out at once has a big impact.

We have some good ins from the last time we played (tabs, cox, mundy, fyfe) but so do they. We have significant outs in acres and switta whereas iirc both their outs didn't play against us last time either. If their midfield gets on top of us (and with their rucks i believe they will) then we're f*cked

Fyfe and Tabs come back through the WAFL and yet some are surprised that Chapman is. FMD, read the room!
It's a good call in my opinion. How many times over the years have we rushed a young player back and he gets injured within a game or two of returning. They might give Chapman a run on the wing at Peel too hopefully. I'd love to see how he goes there.

Hopefully we have a decent lead at 3/4 time. There seems to be a problem running out games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d bring Meek in as the sub.

If any of Taberner, Lobb or Darcy go down we’ll be stuffed in structure against the Saints.

If anyone else goes down then not the worst to have Meek give Darcy some rest.

What? Have you looked at our run home? If we don’t win his one and start playing decent footy we’re in strife.
I have seen freos run home.

Yeah we got the likes of swans and demons at home.

Got the dogs and tigers away too.

Then eagles at home and GWS away to finish the regular season.

Despite the tough draw, I am confident with freo

I have seen freos run home.

Yeah we got the likes of swans and demons at home.

Got the dogs and tigers away too.

Then eagles at home and GWS away to finish the regular season.

Despite the tough draw, I am confident with freo
We'll need to play decent footy against all those teams. Which is what the poster said.

I’d bring Meek in as the sub.

If any of Taberner, Lobb or Darcy go down we’ll be stuffed in structure against the Saints.

If anyone else goes down then not the worst to haveMeek give Darcy some rest.

Meek is named in the Peel Thunder WAFL side, so it won't be him.

Actually think it might already be borderline too tall if its Lobb, Logue, Taberner and Fyfe inside forward 50m - except that Logue can repeat contest. Bit of an unknown how quickly Fyfe improves and how he performs after a 6 day break - but you'd have to class him as bringing the defensive pressure of a tall forward based on his first 3 outings this year.

Saw in the TV news that Ratten was expressing some doubt as to whether Taberner would play - and on their side they have lost a key defender (Howard, who was also missing in Rd 2), so they are going in with an couple of inexperienced key defenders in Joyce and Highmore, although they'll be alongside Battle and Wilkie. Still, there's no real big key tall defenders for either Lobb or Taberner, but it might help them on rebound.

Last edited:
Mitch Robinson has regular tips for each round. I laughed when he tipped us to beat Melbourne. I laughed even harder when he tipped Gold Coast to beat us after we won against Melbourne and Brisbane. Then he came out and said that Carlton would win a few weeks ago. At this stage I started taking him seriously.

Unfortunately he has tipped the saints to beat us this week :(

Mitch Robinson has regular tips for each round. I laughed when he tipped us to beat Melbourne. I laughed even harder when he tipped Gold Coast to beat us after we won against Melbourne and Brisbane. Then he came out and said that Carlton would win a few weeks ago. At this stage I started taking him seriously.

That's cool and all but gold coast beat us before we beat melb and bris

He is overdue to miss...

Crunch time now, time for the boys to determine if they are top 4 or top 8.

Don't feel like we have been playing well for a while , team balance out of whack.

Saints away not going to be easy but the named the can do it.
I would have loved to have seen Chapman back this week , And we also miss Acres more than some would like to admit , Both those players really help our transition .

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 17: Changes Vs St Kilda + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back