Review Round 17 = Collingwood 80-92 Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

He did more in his short game time than the majority of the other 22 players outside Nick

Why he started as the sub is beyond me

Coaches have been making some baffling decisions around the sub

They don’t use it properly at all
We haven’t had much of his type playing this season as Mitchell and Jordy have been out. Sullivan isn’t the answer either. It made sense to start him.

Worst game of the year.So much at stake and the players just gave up up after quarter time.The hunger just isn’t there,the players just aren’t working hard enough.You could tell by how we were completely outnumbered at every contest after quarter time.Oh well,,at least we won the premiership last year.We obviously don’t do dynasties like other clubs do,See you in about 2040.

Honestly and I mean this sincerely it’s looking a lot like he does tolerate this crap.

They’ve been serving this up all year. Although various people around here refused to see it simply because the pies scraped over the line in close ones.

The pies have dominated nobody all year. Nobody. They’ve been consistent underperformers and show limited glimpses of effort which is quickly erased the moment they do their usual shit the bed routine.
I always said he lacked a bit of ruthlessness, great guy love him and everything he has done but I wish he had a bit more Malthouse to him

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was good to see the players and coaches taking our flailing season seriously by letting the players spend extra time on the Gold Coast after a loss on a 6 day break as opposed to doing the more logical thing and going up to the Gold Coast earlier during the bye week to get their sun and fun

What kind of clown show are we running over there?

Was good to see the players and coaches taking our flailing season seriously by letting the players spend extra time on the Gold Coast after a loss on a 6 day break as opposed to doing the more logical thing and going up to the Gold Coast earlier during the bye week to get their sun and fun

This did smell a bit to me. 2 holiday breaks in 2 weeks, with 2 months left to go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was like basketball. Forwards rolled back too defensively and let Essendon just chip their way forward without any pressure at all. Just didn't force them to kick it to a contest all night.
It seemed either naive or arrogant on our behalf

You can’t concede 139 marks to the opposition & fair dinkum say you are legitimately trying to get the footy off them. We allow our opponents to own the football & hope they turn it over rather than us making them do so. We have become easy to play against.

I have come up with a genius way out of these diabolical performances which might be to treat every qtr like a mini full game. Hear me out here.

As we know (generally) we tend to try to play well in the first qtr, then do nothing in the 2nd and 3rd then play well in the last to steal the win. However, this is not getting the job done anymore. So, how about for every qtr we play furious for the first 5 min (+2 goals), then hold off for 10 min (-3 goals) then furious for the last 5 min (+2 goals). Using this pattern of effort I can see us turning things around and winning every qtr by 1 goal which equates to a 4 goal win.

Could at least try it, can't hurt. At least every qtr will be worth watching again.

Last edited:
Long and Nick Daicos was only 2 positives tonight.

Rest was Disgusting real Lack of Care/Effort/Intensity was Disgusting

Players/Club need a Kick up the Ass

It’s simple, watch them. They are totally content and resting on their lorrils.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back