Preview Round 18, 2023: Gold Coast v St.Kilda - Heritage Bank Stadium, Saturday 15th July, 2:10PM AEST *PERIS DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Suns

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, reckon the players will give up on the season now. People quick to forget the response from the players after Caro's comments the other week. They love the guy and seeing him sacked with finals on the horizon may just about break them.

Saints by 10 goals
Following George , onwards we march towards the sunlit uplands until we reach our destination and, like the lemmings that we are, plunge mindlessly into the abyss.

Nah, reckon the players will give up on the season now. People quick to forget the response from the players after Caro's comments the other week. They love the guy and seeing him sacked with finals on the horizon may just about break them.

Saints by 10 goals
Not negative enough. Blocked.

Following George , onwards we march towards the sunlit uplands until we reach our destination and, like the lemmings that we are, plunge mindlessly into the abyss.
Are you cooked

Yeah, did a couple of nice things, but didn't set the world on fire- Bytel looked better if we're talking midfielders

Wouldn't mind Bytel tbh. Fairly like for like with Seb in terms of being a pretty blue collar mid, fairly slow but decent contested work. Really wish we could give him a proper chance as well because he seems one of those destined for trade / delist at years' end.

Wouldn't mind Bytel tbh. Fairly like for like with Seb in terms of being a pretty blue collar mid, fairly slow but decent contested work. Really wish we could give him a proper chance as well because he seems one of those destined for trade / delist at years' end.
Better skills by hand and foot than Seb

Thing is, we're not good enough for fans not to worry about these things!
If we'd won a dozen on the trot, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be much of a topic.

I'd be concerned if players had this "loser mentality". Nothing wrong with fans carrying on about this stuff - that's what footy talk is all about and it has zero influence on anything. "Let's not talk about this because we need to aspire to the club being better" doesn't make much sense to me. And I don't think light-heartedly observing these coincidental things is really making excuses. Everyone knows we're just not that good most of the time.

I personally think the Suns players are more likely to be dejected by the decision and play badly this week. Just a hunch, who knows - and who knows which saints will turn up.

Just heard the news about Jack Billings....what next, honestly. A thumb ffs.

Yeah fair enough. You're right people can react however they want.

I do see a lot of it though. It's not just a one off because a coach got sacked. It seems nearly every week "we've been hard done by" is a bit of a theme here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: Battle, Clark, Higgins, Byrnes

Out: King, Cordy, Ross, Billings

I still like Byrnes. Bit of a deer in the headlights about him at times but once he plays enough games that will go and he’s got some serious pace.

If Hill is available that makes selection tough.

More forward pressure like we had last week please.

Round 18 Team

B. Webster Howard Wilkie

H.B. NWM Battle Stocker

C. Hill Steele Jones

H.F. Butler Caminiti Gresham

F. Higgins Hayes Owens

Foll. Marshall Crouch Sinclair

I/C. Bytel, Heath, Windhager, Wood, Clark

Gets caught holding the ball too much. At least five times on the weekend.

I reckon Suns players won't contest the ball in protest and we'll win by 600 points
But but but - they've been building something special!
If I was one of those south Australian lads, I'd be eyeing off what's happening at those SA teams and how JHF and Rankine have been travelling.

Yep, I’m not Byrnes’ largest fan but think he’s in the 22, Clark as sub to get some minutes into him.
Likewise. I'm not a big fan either but 18 disposals at 100% efficiency is a big step up for him. Lyon went on about quality possessions in his presser. If Byrnes has been getting a regular gig when his disposal efficiency has been erratic it's hard to imagine they'll drop him after arguably his best game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back