Autopsy Round 18, 2023: Gold Coast v St.Kilda *PERIS DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

I Dont Think So GIF
Cairnsman or Catch-a-Caseman?

Interesting developments

Not sure he is wearing his hat 🎩 when in the ☀️
That searing Cairns heat, can't blame him.

Everyone in Brisbane and Gold Coast is mental, imagine what types of specimens you get further north. No wonder really

thats was my fear with Ross Lyon coming in. Oh Well.
So you’d rather continue with the same old, same old sh*t dished up by Richo and Ratts?

Not me - much happier to try something new. I’m not judging a thing 2/3 into a season when he got 4 years for a reason.

but have a listen to the fliptop heads who have never travelled north of the Yarra, makes me jealous I decided all those years ago to build a canoe and fight my way across her raging rapids to discover mystical lands beyond on the southern banks. If only I kept me beenie over me eyes and settled down into her sophisticated burbs.

Last edited:
So you’d rather continue with the same old, same old sh*t dished up by Richo and Ratts?

Not me - much happier to try something new. I’m not judging a thing 2/3 into a season when he got 4 years for a reason.
We couldn't continue with same old. But we had to take a forward step. At this point in proceedings not much of any step has happened.
That's what's frustrating people and for good reason. Since 2011 finals once. That's just not good enough no matter who you are.

Don’t buy the group is so coachable stuff

Ross seems pretty frustrated that doing their not doing as asked

Ross has and always will protect his players
I always thought his "so coachable" was a backhanded compliment. He's saying that when he tells them something they over do it.
That they don't take responsibility for making good decisions.

Fully healthy we can beat anyone in the comp at our best. That's what is frustrating, we have injuries yes but not enough to completely derail the 8-3 start.
Problem is that those young players we lauded at the start and who actually were instrumental in our wins are now tiring.

Problem is that those young players we lauded at the start and who actually were instrumental in our wins are now tiring.
Not sure where this "tired" excuse has come from all of a sudden, we've been garbage for 10 weeks now.

However, luckily we don't have anywhere near the amount of injuries as we did at the start of the year so should be able to surely find 5 wins from 12 games.

Don’t buy the group is so coachable stuff

Ross seems pretty frustrated that their not doing as asked

Ross has and always will protect his players
Not saying the group is super coachable. I’m saying he thinks they are stupid.

I.e. when the defence press us. Run behind the defensive line and go long to the runner into space.

Reality: someone tries to tackle us 80m from goal and instead of handballing to the free man, we launch a Hail Mary.
I always thought his "so coachable" was a backhanded compliment. He's saying that when he tells them something they over do it.
That they don't take responsibility for making good decisions.
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez George, you really love your sarcastic little Lol emojis.
Tell me what I said above is incorrect.

We all agreed the wins were coming off the back of these kids. You don’t think they are tired with sore bodies now?

After Ross Lyon's Gold Coast's post match presser... I'm officially off the RTB bandwagon.

He basically said... making the finals is not our ambition for the club this year...it's a year of exploration. Yet he's fielding injured players rather than testing new talent. I believe we have fielded the least amount of new players this year of any club... That's not "exploration".

Sure, I know it's the players that are the ones that can't hit a target with their kicks or handballs apart from Nas but according to Ross we won't see any improvement in the near future.

This is biggest coach cop-out I've ever heard. F U Ross.

Jeez George, you really love your sarcastic little Lol emojis.
Reply if you disagree, why don’t you, and tell me what I said above is incorrect.

We all agreed the wins were coming off the back of these kids. You don’t think they are tired with sore bodies now?
I laughed AND responded 😎. Have another look

After Ross Lyon's Gold Coast's post match presser... I'm officially off the RTB bandwagon.

He basically said... making the finals is not our ambition for the club this year...it's a year of exploration. Yet he's fielding injured players rather than testing new talent. I believe we have fielded the least amount of new players this year of any club... That's not "exploration".

Sure, I know it's the players that are the ones that can't hit a target with their kicks or handballs apart from Nas but according to Ross we won't see any improvement in the near future.

This is biggest coach cop-out I've ever heard. F U Ross.
I didn't get that impression from what he said. I think he was saying it doesn't matter right now if we make the finals because we are playing so badly that we would get destroyed. The more important thing right now is playing better.

Not sure where this "tired" excuse has come from all of a sudden, we've been garbage for 10 weeks now.

However, luckily we don't have anywhere near the amount of injuries as we did at the start of the year so should be able to surely find 5 wins from 12 games.
We don’t?
King, Membrey and Billings still out. Who knows when Higgins is back based on the original one week becoming two…..
Jones basically the only one back.
And on top of that the kids, being kids, fading.

You know, sometimes there is a straw that breaks the camel’s back.

I laughed AND responded 😎. Have another look
Yes well….fell into the trap off responding before wading through twenty more posts first 🙄

We don’t?
King, Membrey and Billings still out. Who knows when Higgins is back based on the original one week becoming two…..
Jones basically the only one back.
And on top of that the kids, being kids, fading.

You know, sometimes there is a straw that breaks the camel’s ba k.
Look it's a nice convenient excuse for piss poor performance but it doesn't fly I'm sorry. For one we have two players that are in their first year that have played regular games. Caminiti and Phillipou. The others have had multiple pre-seasons.

Second, we've been garbage since May 7th. 10 weeks. It has nothing to do with player fatigue.

Third, we were winning games at the beginning of the season without the players you mentioned. Set ourselves up beautifully at 8-3 needing 5 more wins from the remaining 12 games. To be okay with missing finals from here is absolving responsibility of those in charge. It's a capitulation.

Look it's a nice convenient excuse for piss poor performance but it doesn't fly I'm sorry. For one we have two players that are in their first year that have played regular games. Caminiti and Phillipou. The others have had multiple pre-seasons.

Second, we've been garbage since May 7th. 10 weeks. It has nothing to do with player fatigue.

Third, we were winning games at the beginning of the season without the players you mentioned. Set ourselves up beautifully at 8-3 needing 5 more wins from the remaining 12 games. To be okay with missing finals from here is absolving responsibility of those in charge. It's a capitulation.
Looking at the ladder, I'm not sure we will actually miss the finals. We probably only need to win 3 more games.

Whether we deserve to make finals is another question altogether but I wouldn't be giving up on making it. Everyone around us keeps losing.

Wilkie has gone backwards, in fact our entire defensive structure has been absolutely putrid for 3-4 weeks now.

I honestly (and have said this since the start of the year) do not care about wins and losses or even ladder position. I wanted to see a clearly identifiable brand and gameplan with a bare minimum standard of effort and discipline. I thought we had it early on in the year but it’s gone, completely.

6 weeks to, I don’t give a s**t if we play finals at this point. I wanna see effort, blokes who don’t give it get dropped, I also don’t give a s**t if that means we’re dropping stars and playing total spuds to be honest.
Thought Wilkie looked good against B King last week. Had the better of him.

Looking at the ladder, I'm not sure we will actually miss the finals. We probably only need to win 3 more games.

Whether we deserve to make finals is another question altogether but I wouldn't be giving up on making it. Everyone around us keeps losing.
We better bloody make it! Can't go shitting the bed two years in a row. For what it's worth I still think we get there but we need to get a wriggle on. Our next 3 weeks all must win games.

We should beat north.
Hawks is 50/50 imo.
I doubt we start favourites for any other game and on current form thats about right to me. Tigers probably our best opportunity. If we need 3 it feels like we’d be even odds at best right now.

Autopsy Round 18, 2023: Gold Coast v St.Kilda *PERIS DEBUT*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back