Prediction Round 18, 2024: Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which defender would you bring in for him?

I know our midfield sucks and we need him in there, but I wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like sending Yeo down back and just giving more midfield time to Reid/Ginbey/Trew and maybe Culley at some stage

But happy enough with selections this week

Darling Emergency.

Oohh boy, it's the right call but very surprised it was made.
Expected he'd be carried to 300.
Guess that'll leave that to next year in the 1st or 2nd home game.

I hope either JJ or Brockman are the Sub, would be the right guys to inject some late game pace into the team.
Give Trew, Ledwards and Maric a full game.

Match committee: Darling is dropped, Rotham is dropped, Chesser is dropped

Someone who absolutely has to whinge about something:

How does Witherden survive ffs

I’m sure there’ll be some elaborate explanation of why none of those panned out.
Barass just playing it seems through personal issue.

Hunt/Kelly are fitness tests. I’d be surprised if Kelly plays the year out. That was on the radio. Think this week will be it if he doesn’t get up

Barass just playing it seems through personal issue.

Hunt/Kelly are fitness tests. I’d be surprised if Kelly plays the year out. That was on the radio. Think this week will be it if he doesn’t get up

Will Kelly’s injury surface before or after Williams and Darlings’ groin issues?

No one else to play the position, and he’s slightly better than Rotham.
Not so sure about that. I hope Rotham stays in the squad as I think he has a lot of potential, and am excited to see if a new coach can squeeze it out of him. Not sure third tall defender is his bag though.

Should be played on a wing and Maric plays on the other wing. That’s what Essendon are doing so effectively at the moment with Jones and Cox.

I know our midfield sucks and we need him in there, but I wouldn't mind seeing what it looks like sending Yeo down back and just giving more midfield time to Reid/Ginbey/Trew and maybe Culley at some stage

But happy enough with selections this week
That might happen, but not until we see what Trew and Culley can do. No point playing with a non existent midfield just to fit a bunch of spuds in

Not so sure about that. I hope Rotham stays in the squad as I think he has a lot of potential, and am excited to see if a new coach can squeeze it out of him. Not sure third tall defender is his bag though.

Should be played on a wing and Maric plays on the other wing. That’s what Essendon are doing so effectively at the moment with Jones and Cox.
Rate this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t bother with field positions in the named side so splitting them into lines on a 7-8-7 basis, I come up with this

Backs: Barrass, HEdwards, Witherden, Hough, Duggan, Cole, Hunt

Rucks: Williams x2

Mids: Yeo, Kelly, Reid, Ginbey, Trew, LEdwards

Forwards: Allen, Waterman, Maric, Cripps, Hutchinson, Ryan, Brockman

Sub: Jones

Can see Hunt playing off HB instead of wing as named on the team sheet

Also wonder if Schofield plonks Ryan one out in the goal square at any stage

Would love for an Embley style wing or two. Fast, decent overhead, endurance, can finish in front of goal and not scared of the rough stuff.

Also wonder if Schofield plonks Ryan one out in the goal square at any stage
Would love to see that more - those games during the COVID seasons (I think it was against essendon or st kilda), where our key talks were out and we made flyin' our man down there and was incredibly dangerous.

He's such a weapon across the ground, even if it's just for a small period of time to mix things up.

Luke Edwards must train well or something. Would much rather see Culley in the side instead of L Edwards. Like the team other than that.
Dare say we'll see Culley over the next few weeks - looks like we're giving the kids on the chopping block an opportunity to show something and demand another contract.

Would love to see that more - those games during the COVID seasons (I think it was against essendon or st kilda), where our key talks were out and we made flyin' our man down there and was incredibly dangerous.

He's such a weapon across the ground, even if it's just for a small period of time to mix things up.
With 1 less tall in the side its a lot more doable too. One of Reid or Ryan one out in the goal square, thatd be a real headache for defenders

None of 3 can muster more then a jog last 4 weeks

Gotta be crazy to think either is fit

Williams and Darling supposedly were about to break down with groin injuries months ago, neither’s missed a game.

Williams is struggling so much they got him to ruck solo against Gawn last week, made Jack Williams the sub instead of including him as backup, and got who to provide the chop out? Oh that’s right, Darling.

Darling struggling so much he’s going to play the Falcons tomorrow instead of resting up.

Keep pretending you were right all along though, it’s fascinating to see the twists and turns.

Match committee: Darling is dropped, Rotham is dropped, Chesser is dropped

Someone who absolutely has to whinge about something:
I don't agree with Chesser being dropped, but Witherden has been abysmal. Jones - Darling - Rotham - Witherden should all be out. Play anyone else, literally anyone. Like some have said maybe we should move Yeo back down back, we have plenty of inside midfielders (Culley, Trew, Kelly, Yeo, Hall, Ledwards, Ginbey, Reid) and Kelly, Yeo, Reid have been very poor lately (for varied reasons) but we gotta stop using excuses and start putting players in that are showing some consistency, their peak might not be as good as others but we need to change something in there.

If Kelly doesn't run as hard backward as he does forward this week I'd drop him, this is a massive issue with our midfield group, compared to every midfield group ours doesn't run backwards half as hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back