Prediction Round 18, 2024: Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am indifferent to the L Edwards selection, but I suspect he is now playing for his future I think he will be delisted come seasons end, so giving him an opportunity for one last hurrah.

Good wake up call for Jack.

Chesser needs to go back to the WAFL and start showing that he can find the football, because he just doesn't do enough in games at the moment, hard to teach footy smarts you either have it or you don't, it can be improved somewhat, but its a difficult teach.
Hopefully the writing is on the wall for Rotham and his manager to seek out interest elsewhere, no place for him in a team that wants quick ball movement as his first two options are either kick sideways or backwards, sadly he has the skills but isn't brave enough to take the game on, preferring to go the safe option, also allergic to physicality.

Darling has warranted being dropped several times over the past few years and has survived on the credits mentality, nice to see thats now gone.

Good start from Schofield IMO.

Last edited:
If you listen to the full Schofield press conference, he mentioned that he was only able to make a few changes this week due to what went on with Simmo and I think he mentioned something about Simmo still having a bit of an influence this week, but he said after that he’ll be able to make more changes so we’ll just have to see what he does in the next six weeks.

If he's willing to go on knowing he'll play alot of Wafl next year I have no issue keeping him on given he's contracted. He'll be very handy depth and likely easily get his 300th.

Don't agree with nursing him to 300 this year. He's clearly keeping out a guy we need to get games into in Williams. He is having a crack but it's just more of the same if he's just automatically picked every week

I do think he could be quite useful as a sub however and if we used him that way to get him there this year I'd be less annoyed
I hadn't realised he was contracted, which obviously makes a difference.

But I guess my primary point is that I think the chance of him being worth a spot next year is slim to none. Even as sub or depth. He's been very patchy this year and there's no realistic chance of improvement. He's always kept himself in great nick (which is a credit to him) and has a never been bashed about much, so I think it unlikely that a regular spell to freshen him up makes much difference.

He seems to have lost the strength he had in the contest which made up for his lack of height. And his other strength - his ground level game to tackle and chase - is rarely seen these days. He was never super quick on the lead, and we all know how pace evaporates over time.

Hope Trew gets a full game and if he does and performs well it really does prove how terrible Simpson has been the past 1-2 years. If he spuds it up Simpson will be justified

Like we suggest for every.single.player, give him a block of games. I can't understate the negative impact a "play well first up, or you're done" type of approach would have on the vast bulk of players. Very few will show their best under that pressure.

Like we suggest for every.single.player, give him a block of games. I can't understate the negative impact a "play well first up, or you're done" type of approach would have on the vast bulk of players. Very few will show their best under that pressure.
A good coach won't put that sort of pressure on a player but as fans we are allowed to.

Darling ... dropped like a mark in the goal square in the last minute of a Grand Final.

Has been a great player for a long time, but this is the right selection call. Hope to see Culley in soon as well.

Not so sure about that. I hope Rotham stays in the squad as I think he has a lot of potential, and am excited to see if a new coach can squeeze it out of him. Not sure third tall defender is his bag though.

Should be played on a wing and Maric plays on the other wing. That’s what Essendon are doing so effectively at the moment with Jones and Cox.
Rotham has potential, that's a real slow burn, any day now it will be realised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the changes. Trew gets hopefully a run to see what he can do. Show or go time. Darling has to be kicking more goals to stay in the side. Chesser gets a shot at playing inside mid at WAFL. Edwards is probably playing for his list spot. Rotham doesn't have a very high ceiling would be odds on for the delist pile. Few of the boys playing for their futures. Interesting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back