Prediction Round 18, 2024: Changes vs Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lots of great calls, but really wanted to see Culley.

Me too, but probably only as the enforcer/defensive mid. Trew and Ledwards seem more likely to get those minutes this week so I don’t mind Culley in the WAFL.

Pace and agility may end up holding him back too much, but he is physical, loves tackling and has a fair boot on him - things that probably work only in the middle and not so much as a forward imo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A good coach won't put that sort of pressure on a player but as fans we are allowed to.
I guess, as a fan, I want to see young blokes given a chance to perform. If they aren't up to snuff it will play out. Or at least it would in the normal course of the clubs history. Getting stuck into them after a game or two just isn't the way I think to support my clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure how i feel about the Darling axing tbh, despite how deserving/satisfying it might be.

Was hoping we'd get him to 300 this year and then cut him loose, despite his contract for 2025. That to me makes more sense.

Unfortunately with the axing i'm inclined to think he's going to be sticking around to hit his milestone next year instead now, which to me is the greater of the 2 evils.

Be funny being a WAFL player this weekend for West Perth (Darlings OG club) and lining up on the almost 300 AFL gamer who is 2nd for all time goals in West Coast history. Biiiiig job for household names Riley Sprigg and Tyson Multin boiz.

I'm not sure how i feel about the Darling axing tbh, despite how deserving/satisfying it might be.

Was hoping we'd get him to 300 this year and then cut him loose, despite his contract for 2025. That to me makes more sense.

Unfortunately with the axing i'm inclined to think he's going to be sticking around to hit his milestone next year instead now, which to me is the greater of the 2 evils.

Be funny being a WAFL player this weekend for West Perth (Darlings OG club) and lining up on the almost 300 AFL gamer who is 2nd for all time goals in West Coast history. Biiiiig job for household names Riley Sprigg and Tyson Multin boiz.

He's already contracted for 2025. Did you assume if he got to 300 this year we'd pay him out?

For mine it depends on how he is used going forward. If he's mostly WAFL and used to educate the kids coming through while playing WAFL like gaff and gets the odd game to get him to 300 then i'm fine with him running to the end of his contract.

If he goes to WAFL and he gets his productivity up again he'll play more than that.

But the days of him being a lock in the 22 should be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back