Preview Round 18 2024 - Richmond Tigers v GWS Giants, Sunday 14 July, 3.20 pm AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So would I.

But I still don't think it's unrealistic to expect a big win.

And 'just winning' really isn't good enough considering the team currently in 13th still has a strong chance of making the finals.

Percentage is crucial. Time to put the foot down when we can.
I’m interested in us competing hard, pressuring, and playing our way. We do that, and the wins come.

So would I.

But I still don't think it's unrealistic to expect a big win.

And 'just winning' really isn't good enough considering the team currently in 13th still has a strong chance of making the finals.

Percentage is crucial. Time to put the foot down when we can.
Tigers did beat the swans remember.

It's a great way to set up false expectations in readiness to rant when we don't meet them. :)

A 'that'll do, satisfied with the win' attitude is not what's needed right now.

There is a good chance that a number of teams are going to miss out on the top 8 based on percentage this year.

I'd much prefer the Giants to win, and win well right now and not leave it to chance.

A 'that'll do, satisfied with the win' attitude is not what's needed right now.

There is a good chance that a number of teams are going to miss out on the top 8 based on percentage this year.

I'd much prefer the Giants to win, and win well right now and not leave it to chance.
I would prefer that too. My attitude doesn't affect the team's results though unfortunately, and I'd still rather any win given our history of stupid losses.

Having said that, half our stupid losses tend to be from the team expecting to waltz up and have an easy win. Going in with a mindset of a 100+ win by them would exactly feed into that (not that you're suggesting the team is).

Can we afford ash in leek out? God we would be hard to run with but will we be too short

Interesting proposition.

This game is most likely an opportunity for Leek to gain some confidence, so I'm loathe to drop him.

Perhaps Ash to the bench and if Leek is again beaten badly he's subbed out.

But who to sub? I get a feeling Peatling will be omitted and Fonti to sub.

Fonti was cramping up a fair bit so maybe bringing him on later and for impact would be best at this stage.

Dusty ruled Out but Prestia likely. They will have a strong midfield and will be the key to beating them. Snooze to Prestia would be my guess and switching to Bolton when he roles through the midfield

Not sure why the Tigers / Yze would play Prestia over a younger player. He has been a great player but their season is done. Martin out is a bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joe Fonti has been included in the squad following his debut.

In - Lachie Ash, Xavier O'Halloran, Jacob Wehr
Out - Nil

Squad:

Backs - Connor Idun, Jack Buckley, Harry Himmelberg
Half Backs - Lachie Whitfield, Leek Aleer, Harry Perryman
Centre - Callan Ward Tom Green, Isaac Cumming
Half Forwards - Brent Daniels, Jake Riccardi, Aaron Cadman
Forwards - Toby Greene, Jesse Hogan, Toby Bedford
Followers - Kieren Briggs, Stephen Coniglio, Finn Callaghan
Interchange - Joe Fonti, James Peatling, Harvey Thomas, Darcy Jones, Toby McMullin, Lachie Ash, Xavier O'Halloran, Jacob Wehr

Curious who will be omitted by Sunday? 🤔

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back