Review Round 18, 2024 vs Gold Coast SUNS

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely atrocious.
Yeah it's lazy, but to be fair, what was Houston doing letting the ball out. Before that, Aliir drops the grab, then how did we not lock up the ball with King. We let these balls spill in our backline far too easy, far too often.

Those Magpie teams that won flags that I grew up with, knew the basics and executed them, and thats why they won flags. They'd play for the boundary line, or they'd make sure those balls are locked up. They didn't give up silly goals because we just weren't hard and ruthless.

The rest of our team is supposed to be reacting to where the play should go, Rozee is being lazy, but our players should be expecting that to be killed with the numbers we had at the contest.

Still can’t work out how the fk our best small forward played for the Magpies on Saturday when we went in with nothing in such an important game on Sunday.

Because it was more important that he was available to be able to go to Perth and watch the footy on Sunday with his former coach.

Thanks for that, at least it was for a good reason 🤪

I know that nowadays that for a lot of players this is just a job but seeing stuff like Rioli watching another team playing or someone like Dixon posting stuff about his cars while the team is playing annoys me.
I get that Simpson was his former coach and all that but just doesn't sit right with me..

Wonder how many former players would turn up if Ken was sacked this week?

I know that nowadays that for a lot of players this is just a job but seeing stuff like Rioli watching another team playing or someone like Dixon posting stuff about his cars while the team is playing annoys me.
I get that Simpson was his former coach and all that but just doesn't sit right with me..

Wonder how many former players would turn up if Ken was sacked this week?

Ladhams would bring the ‘pre’s’

Well that’s that then. I wanted to win because top 4 was up for grabs but there is a sense that we are now really close to the end game of this regime with this loss at least.

We didn’t play great, but the main issue is our woeful forward line. We got the ball in enough times to kick a winning score but it was just a mess. We could’ve done with Rioli, instead of him being at the west coast game hanging with his former boys.

Dixon is cooked I get that, his body has just been through too much but far out all the other tall forward options were probably worse than him. Marshall didn’t touch it before he went off, lord kicked a nice goal In the first and barely sighted again, finlayson floated in and out with some nice things but mainly shit things. Who would’ve thought that we would need the guy who missed all of last year with an ACL so much. He is now by far our most important forward.

Some pretty dirty tactics from the suns today, it worked getting them the win but it’s not sustainable, hopefully those two blokes that got jones and evans get the holidays they deserve.

JHF was an absolute disgrace today, this is where Kenny’s lovey dovey father figure coaching is talked up by the media, but his chat with him on the bench did nothing. Jhf continued to play like a sooky brat, obviously whatever daddy said he wasn’t listening to or respecting what he had to say.

Really needed a strong coach and leaders to get him to pull his head in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The lack of onfield leadership when players are being undisciplined is frightening.

Yeah it's lazy, but to be fair, what was Houston doing letting the ball out. Before that, Aliir drops the grab, then how did we not lock up the ball with King. We let these balls spill in our backline far too easy, far too often.

Those Magpie teams that won flags that I grew up with, knew the basics and executed them, and thats why they won flags. They'd play for the boundary line, or they'd make sure those balls are locked up. They didn't give up silly goals because we just weren't hard and ruthless.

The rest of our team is supposed to be reacting to where the play should go, Rozee is being lazy, but our players should be expecting that to be killed with the numbers we had at the contest.
Those Magpie teams had standards and accountability.

I can’t remember what quarter it was, but there was a DBJ effort that was completely unacceptable and I hope it does the rounds on the Monday night footy programs.

Ball in 50/50 dispute, Suns player body lines the ball while Darcy meekly sticks an arm out. Horrible footage.

When did this guy become such a soft ****? I swear he used to be tough.
That’s not the first time he has done that believe me but it’s just accepted.

Moyle had 4 more disposal, 4 less hitouts, a couple more clearances, Sweet kicked a goal and he didn't. I can't see the vast gulf there.
Agree. I thought Sweet had a really good game. Competed well in ruck & around the ground. A few of his taps did go directly to the opposition so still needs to tidy that up but he was not the problem. His last 2 games have been very good imo. Moyle was pretty good too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay I’ve just read the guys out for the season with the spleen. Think I need to learn to stfu about players as you never know what injuries they've got going on.
He's kicked 4 goals in his last 8 games, 7 of those he didn't have a spleen injury.

Another thing that annoyed me was Hinkley coming out at quarter time rubbing his thumb and forefinger together after we had the push and shove with GC at the break, indicating You're wasting money boys.

You know I would rather see our players fly the flag after seeing a team mate nearly decapitated and numerous other off the ball snipes, than worry about paying out some cash.

But that's the Hinkley way isn't it? Don't rock the boat, look after yourself.
Did Hinkley seriously do this?
How can anyone blame the players for anything when they have a misdirected loser teaching them this shit.

I don't want to be harsh on the lad but all i've seen so far are 1/2 arsed efforts with a hint of cool that have amounted to

3/5ths of f'ck all. Drop the swagger play ugly and get better. There's a 191cm McCallum shadow playing in the Maggies

and guess what... he's breathing down your neck.
Hahahahaha

Jase Burgoyne has more talent in his left nut than McCallum has in his entire body

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 18, 2024 vs Gold Coast SUNS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back