Toast Round 18 NAB Rising Star 🌟 nomination Lawson Humphries

Remove this Banner Ad

This kid just brings a smile to my face every time I see him either play or interviewed. In an increasingly disillusioning world, Lawson gives you a little bit of hope in humanity. Such a thoughtful, kind hearted young man. And to watch him play footy brings joy. He has a uniqueness about him that I can’t quite specify but he just seems to play with freedom and a clear head.

This kid just brings a smile to my face every time I see him either play or interviewed. In an increasingly disillusioning world, Lawson gives you a little bit of hope in humanity. Such a thoughtful, kind hearted young man. And to watch him play footy brings joy. He has a uniqueness about him that I can’t quite specify but he just seems to play with freedom and a clear head.
What a find Lawson is turning out to be.
Just exudes joy for life and the game.
Very articulate and mature young man - super skilled and definitely passes the Geelong character test✅

Does he have to wear sunglasses during day games?
have never seen any VFL games this year nor AFL games where eye protection has been worn to this point.

Go Catters

I haven't been this surprised/impressed by a newcomer since Menzel. The skill level.

Usually the rookies that slip through the net are the battler types like Atkins or players like Blitz or Dempsey who concentrated on other sports and had no involvement in the elite u-18 footy pathways.

It is a pretty staggering miss on the Eagles part having him in their academy and not taking him. Humphries has elite footskills and the right attitude. Yeah he might not have profiled as being a good enough runner but given the other skills and attributes it was worth a suck it and see approach with a late ND pick or rookie.

We've done that with Stevens with a late pick. Probably not ever going to be a good enough mover, but stick him in the system for two years, and you never know, he might improve the running side of things enough to make it. If he doesn't and you have to delist after two years, was worth a crack for the upside in other parts of their game.

Just a reminder we took Stevens and Wiltshire before this guy, if those two can make the grade we know Mannagh and COS will already and this might go down as one of our great drafts considering the picks we had.
Mitch Edwards and Connor Sullivan will eventually be very good players for the Cats. Both are great athletes and they are strong competitors. They just need to get a bit of strength and coordination

Mitch Edwards and Connor Sullivan will eventually be very good players for the Cats. Both are great athletes and they are strong competitors. They just need to get a bit of strength and coordination
If you've got any connection to Lawson, just pass on that we love the Dorito man and hope to seem him go down as a legend of the club.

Will be a fan favourite for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you've got any connection to Lawson, just pass on that we love the Dorito man and hope to seem him go down as a legend of the club.

Will be a fan favourite for a long time.
Balardong also, his nickname was never meant to be anything to do with doritos. It's specifically the bandwagon his fans got on.

Just a reminder we took Stevens and Wiltshire before this guy, if those two can make the grade we know Mannagh and COS will already and this might go down as one of our great drafts considering the picks we had.

Not to be a wet blanket but we were saying the same things about our 2009 draft - Menzel, Duncan, Christensen, Vardy, Cowan, Laidler,

Not to be a wet blanket but we were saying the same things about our 2009 draft - Menzel, Duncan, Christensen, Vardy, Cowan, Laidler,
Well to be fair half of them became premiership players, the two most talented were cruelled by injury and the last went on to marry a former Miss World Australia so it was a decent haul.

In terms of identification of talent, that was a great draft. We did much better than we have done in many drafts since in finding good players relative to our position. We were just unlucky with how things turned out with them. If not for injury and other issues, the first four had the potential to be long-term quality players for us.

If we really gained such quality from our most recent draft, we'd be well set, but it's easy to proclaim any draft as being highly successful before the players have come on. Lawson looks good. Just because others were drafted before him doesn't necessarily mean they'll be as or more successful.

Well to be fair half of them became premiership players, the two most talented were cruelled by injury and the last went on to marry a former Miss World Australia so it was a decent haul.
That's my point, anything can happen - injury, gambling problems, etc.

Does this mean Lawson is ineligible for the RS next year? Or does it not matter because he wouldn't have been anyway?

Players can be nominated across multiple seasons as long as they meet the eligibility criteria:

• less than 10 senior games experience at the start of the season
  • aged under 21 as of 01 Jan that year

Humphries has already turned 21, so would be aged out for next season

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 18 NAB Rising Star 🌟 nomination Lawson Humphries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back