Toast Round 18 NAB Rising Star 🌟 nomination Lawson Humphries

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the Freo V West Coast game, I feel like Lawson is our replacement for Jordan Clark, they have similar attributes but Lawson can kick both feet and has a much better attitude.

Love to watch him, it feels safe in his hands!

Watching the Freo V West Coast game, I feel like Lawson is our replacement for Jordan Clark, they have similar attributes but Lawson can kick both feet and has a much better attitude.

Love to watch him, it feels safe in his hands!
He's already racking it up for a kid, but with another pre-season he'll become a 25 possession a game player IMO.

Scotty and the coaching staff will build a portion of the game plan around his kicking over another off-season, it's just such a weapon.

Branded him our answer or Kiddy Coleman when he was drafted, and could see him ending up even better with time.

Like Coleman though, as he builds experience and continuity in the seniors, players will get the ball in his hands. It's always the way with the best users.

He's already racking it up for a kid, but with another pre-season he'll become a 25 possession a game player IMO.

Scotty and the coaching staff will build a portion of the game plan around his kicking over another off-season, it's just such a weapon.

Branded him our answer or Kiddy Coleman when he was drafted, and could see him ending up even better with time.

Like Coleman though, as he builds experience and continuity in the seniors, players will get the ball in his hands. It's always the way with the best users.
We’re fast developing an incredible young group of damaging ball users. Humphries, Miers, Dempsey, Stengle, Close.

The main difference between him and Coleman is Humfries is tough and hard at the ball.

Coleman in the past has been extremely soft and almost allergic to defend.
Very good player but with what Lawson has showed, he could be better and by a fair margin

CATS KEEN TO LOCK IN MATURE-AGE SENSATION

GEELONG has moved quickly to lock away mature-age recruit Lawson Humphries, offering the West Australian a two-year contract extension.

The Cats are working through a deal that could keep Humphries at Kardinia Park until at least the end of 2027.

Humphries has the option to rollover a third season now, under the new collective bargaining agreement, but could accept Geelong’s offer of two years.

The 21-year-old has played the past seven games for Chris Scott after earning a debut against Essendon in round 16, producing eye-catching moments with his kicking skills on both feet.

Geelong selected Humphries with pick No.63 – the second-last overall selection and the club's sixth pick – in last November's Telstra AFL Draft.

Humphries opted against signing with a manager ahead of the draft but has since signed with Tom Seccull from Hemisphere Management. – Josh Gabelich

Dempsey, Close + Bruhn named in AFLPAs 22 Under 22 squad.

No Humphries 😿

Assume there would be a minimum game threshold - even if not set in concrete it would be a factor…

In terms of the squad it is actually a pretty good group of players. I even found it hard in good faith to get all 3 of our boys in. Of course I did squeeze them in!!! But there is a fair amount of talent in this list

Assume there would be a minimum game threshold - even if not set in concrete it would be a factor…

In terms of the squad it is actually a pretty good group of players. I even found it hard in good faith to get all 3 of our boys in. Of course I did squeeze them in!!! But there is a fair amount of talent in this list
Thanks Chawkts

Didn’t know that fact

Dempsey, Close + Bruhn named in AFLPAs 22 Under 22 squad.

No Humphries 😿

Holmes rather than Close I think it is - Bradley is slightly too old

Holmes & Dempsey are definite ins for mine - Bruhn with a couple of injuries this season has held him back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a player to be eligible for the squad of 40, they are required to play 50 per cent of the home and away season, equating to 12 matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Round 18 NAB Rising Star 🌟 nomination Lawson Humphries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back