Preview Round 19, 2022: North Melbourne v Hawthorn, 23 July 2022, 1.45pm @ Blundstone Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Applying for priority picks is a farce, if a club needs a priority pick it should be self evident.

Applying for one with 5 games to go in the season should see your application instantly dismissed without any consideration until next season.

Application for a priority pick: we are lonorf.
AFL: approved.

Brisbane basically had to be on the verge of irrelevancy to be given an end of first round pick after being rebuffed a few times. This was after multiple first round picks had demanded trades after only a few years at the club. Norf created this mess by their inept management and just gutting their list far too hard - to be trying for a priority pick so soon is just pathetic.

Applying for one with 5 games to go in the season should see your application instantly dismissed without any consideration until next season.
I can only imagine working on the PPT for the priority pick application.

If a player is dropped to make way for Kosi and/or Gunners, then they can count themselves unlucky. Thought all 22 players did pretty well against the Eagles, even though the Eagles are safely bottom four this season. Even Morris, who didn't set the stats sheet alight, makes it easier for Hardwick (one of the most reliable kicks in the team) to become a more attacking defender.

I do think, however, that Hawthorn's forward line works better when there are two tall forwards. It was interesting to see that if there was a stoppage in the Hawthorn forward line, McEvoy would push back to be a spare across half-back (despite playing CHF) and Reeves would take the bounce. McEvoy is a bloody workhorse, but he isn't the quickest across the deck, so it didn't always work. I could see Kosi to take the second key defender, as you'd expect McKay to take Lewis, and that means that McEvoy doesn't necessarily need to bust a gut to try to set up across half-back each time Hawthorn has a stoppage in the front third of the ground.

Does Maginess go to Hall and not LDU? Feel Finn does well against the more outside type players and Hall does start a lot of their attacks with linkup play from the backline.
Hall is one of the worst players in the afl, it's no coincidence North's form has improved in his absence. Simpkin and LDU are their 2 gun mids, it'll be one of them

Will nobody talk about the big issues?

Will Sicily keep the long sleeves?
I like the look of them on his scrawny Tuck like arms.
It takes some getting used to. Kinda looks like he's wearing kids pyjamas for mine. Wingard the same. If you going to wear long-sleeves, you got to rock it full time like Tucky, Loveridge and Silvagni. Otherwise it looks weird. Speaking of which, why the f*** does this video exist?

I can only imagine working on the PPT for the priority pick application.

Animated GIF

B Sicily Blancke Hardwick
HB Jiath DGB Scrimshaw
C Ward Newcombe Impey
HF Moore Lewis McDonald
F Bruest Koschitzke Bruest
FOLL- Reeves Magginess Mitchell
I/C- McEvoy, Day, Nash, Morrison
Sub- Morris

Sicily Blanck Hardwick
CJ DGB Scrimshaw
Ward Newkcombe Day
Moore Kosi McDonald
Bruest Lewis Gunston
Reeves Magginess Mitchell
McEvoy Nash Morrison OMeara
Sub Impey
Day had a bad cut to his cheekbone, if he doesn’t come up then swap him for Impey and Morris becomes sub

We feel down in the 3rd quarter without a CHF, Kosi just has to play the remaining games there, and then have a big pre-season for 2023.

CJ needs to play well this week, just needs to continue to take the game on but slow down his decision making process. He gets that right he will be back to early season form in no time.

Phillips played well for Box Hill last week so he could possibly be the sub as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It takes some getting used to. Kinda looks like he's wearing kids pyjamas for mine. Wingard the same. If you going to wear long-sleeves, you got to rock it full time like Tucky, Loveridge and Silvagni. Otherwise it looks weird. Speaking of which, why the f*** does this video exist?

Roll them three quarters up, workman style... Hudson style

Mate.. it's Gary Ayres !!
EVERY video should have Gary Ayres !! He is what Chuck Norris Dreams of being...

Like... It's Gary Ayers !!

HF Bruest Bruest Bruest
F Bruest Bruest Bruest
Geez, I read that and started to sing Monty Python's spam song in my head.

The weekend can't come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back