Review Round 19, 2023 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah ok, what does that make the rest of the comp then?

Daicos is generational. Sidebum and pendles are still performing at a high level. Elliot is ridiculously clutch.

That Elliot mark was double-clutch ;) No argument with the rest :/

Quite possible the Pies simply fall over the line of a very open flag race in exactly the way we’ve blown a few times in recent memory.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

It was clearly deliberate. Umpiring had no bearing on the result at all
It was a one point game that went at the normal 80% success rate for umpiring capls

Shit call (But the Farrell one was deliberate, needed to having a softer hand

Can all the Macandcheese fanbois finally admit this dude is not up to it when the pressure is on against the top teams? He is like a feckin boy amongst men.

Some people here need to decide if we are a good team that lost to the top of the ladder team by 2 points in a thriller in the last 5 minutes OR we are a shit team that lost to the top of the ladder team by 2 points in a thriller in the last 5 minutes. Either we're good team that wasn't good enough or a shit team that played great. Jeez... I don't like loosing any more than anyone else and I dislike Hinkley as much as the next but you need to look at the facts. What I want to hear from the coach and club is how we intend to improve beyond "work harder" because it looked like we worked pretty hard.

That was a cracking game. Love the effort and intensity. We are in this season to our eyeballs.

But.

We gave them two goals in that last quarter with panic OOF (Jones) and Deliberate (Farrell).
We missed some absolute sitters, that they nailed (Marshall, Duursma, Drew, Burton).
We took Lycett off, conceded the ruck and lost field position, and when we needed clearances we couldn't get them.

Two of those are fixable. The goalkicking is a longterm issue, but I believe we will be better for the experience in playing such a tight game. We will know we can beat them, and know what we have to improve to do so.

Bring it on.

A game of "if only". Some great performances but in the end too many who didn't step up when they needed to. Our close wins this year have masked our awful conversion rate in front of goal, but it's going to cost us top 2, and quite possibly halt our progress through the finals. It has to be a concern. You can't rely on +15 i50s every week.

Intense pressure from both sides but all we're going to hear about is how good Collingwood are, we won't even get a mention. Watch three-quarters of their team make AA.

Forfeiting last week doesn't look so sensible now :(

Houston looks like he's hurting.

Good.

We already know you can channel it to something better.

Hope he's got some team mates in the same boat.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie Dixon needs a ban on attempting any field kick to switch. He ****s it up every time and he keeps trying it. If it's him, his only option should be bombing into the 50.

Had our chances but didn’t take them, Elliot was the difference & their defence is very good. We Made a few too many errors, gifted them a couple & couldn’t take advantage in the third.
Marshall down & Lycett gimp suited up and outslopped again, he’s cooked.

Other than the GWS and Rich game I can't see us winning any others .. maybe Freo? Have you seen Brisbane's draw?

Oddly enough SYD v Freo was on the other telly here at the Tudor, Redfern. We’re not losing to Freo bar a mass diphtheria event at training.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Must be nice to have a team that can be relied on to do the right things when it comes to the crunch. We've got too many players who can be relied on to eff it up. So many chances wasted. Then the cream rose to the top...they just have more class and skill than us and of course are better coached. We wouldn't get within 6 goals of them in Melbourne. In real danger of sliding down the ladder now, but realistically our current position is probably flattering anyway.

Some people here need to decide if we are a good team that lost to the top of the ladder team by 2 points in a thriller in the last 5 minutes OR we are a s**t team that lost to the top of the ladder team by 2 points in a thriller in the last 5 minutes. Either we're good team that wasn't good enough or a s**t team that played great. Jeez... I don't like loosing any more than anyone else and I dislike Hinkley as much as the next but you need to look at the facts.
We are shit under Hinkley period. You are on drugs if you think that this team is doing anything purposeful come September.

Had every chance to take the game out of the umpires' hands in the third and blew it. The response was perhaps inevitable. If that Farrell "deliberate" had been up the other end we'd never hear the end of it, or at least not until the Royal Commission had handed down its findings).
That was the most obvious deliberate in the history of football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 19, 2023 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back