Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharps24

All Australian
Oct 15, 2023
AFL Club
West Coast
Well, this is troublesome. I go away for a few weeks, miss a couple of games and you lot turf our boy Adam. I had intended to watch the Hawthorn and Melbourne games once I got back to internet city, was it really that bad? Seems a bit pointless now. Anyway thanks for everything Simmo, I hoped you'd turn it around but when its your time its your time and I think pretty well handled by all involved. Yes, I said no to tickets last Sunday but watching from home I thought it was overall a feel good occasion despite the loss, probably the most dignified mid-season parting of ways between club and coach that's ever gone down. Enjoy a relaxing break my good man and hope to see you back on the horse someday.

Now, unfortunately for the rest of us the season does not end for another 6 weeks. Technically though this is Jarrad Schofields first true game as senior coach so we should win, and that's exciting. It reminds me of that time I played in both of the inaugural first matches for a club once. We lost the first try but technically our shiny new jumpers hadn't arrived yet for that game so we did the whole thing again a few weeks later and got the chocolates. I'm prepared to give Schoey similar terms. Do-over!

As you can probably tell by now, I'm padding here because I actually know very little about our opponent this week. Am I vaguely aware that there is still a club based in Melbourne that hasn't been gifted a grand final win by the VFL since the 1960's? Yes. Did I note that this club signed up the brains behind second most unwatchable brand of football of the 21st century to be their coach, and that that bloke used to coach Fremantle? Yes, but I'm unsure which year this happened in. Can I honestly say I know more than two players currently on Saint Kilda's list? No, but I do know exactly 1.5 of them. Hopefully Brad Hill is playing because whichever one of the King brothers Ross the Boss has isn't playing for some reason? Apparently? Help me out here.

Matchups:

This bloke vs that bloke.

Unknown.jpeg Unknown-1.jpeg

These guys vs that guy, but not the other guy.

2bd7c4d6a4fb06f54a5517cf506d1e89.jpeg Unknown-2.jpeg r0_0_800_600_w800_h600_fmax.jpg

Speaking of twins, fun fact: for the first time ever we will play all three sets of our twins in the same side.

1. The Edwards Twins. They've gone neck and neck with those two spuds from Collingwood all season but some say its only a matter of time before these brothers in arms establish themselves as not only best 22 but also best 1,2 combination in the game.
Unknown-3.jpeg Unknown-4.jpeg

2. The Williams Twins. So close in looks and character that they are even share the same spot in the team, the ruckman come forward and forward come ruckman duo that fans can barely tell apart have certainly had a big year. Having forced no less than Nic Naitanui into early retirement many are saying that Matt Flynn might as well pack his bags.

Unknown-5.jpeg Unknown-6.jpeg

3. The Reid Twins. Now that Simmo has gone and it's finally time to play the kids it will be interesting to see how these two go. The draft can be fickle and let's be honest even #1 picks can be busts but let's all just be patient and see how things shake out. Chances are we have a very good pick this year as well so it's basically a free swing on these guys. Who knows, they may just surprise us.

c8e6650320638e3413e339c891d9e7c490b2f386-16x9-x1841y153w1825h1027.jpg c65e3468b5eb555dae4f5d554205d968bbe6b501-16x9-x0y278w1963h1104.jpg

Outs:

None to speak of, except for some late mail seemingly confirming that the fans will have to wait another year to see the much anticipated battle of the G-bangers. Which club wears it the best?

QetPqo3-Q_ScreenShot2021-05-13at10.28.56pm.png Unknown-7.jpeg

In summary, beggars can't be choosers and no other kent put their hand up to do a preview for this game so this is what you get. I gotta save all my Jamie Cripps gags for the Gold Coast preview I originally signed up for. my prediction is that the boys won't let Schofield down for his first game in charge twice in a row. Eagles by 17 points.

Attachments

• Unknown-4.jpeg
    Unknown-4.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 34
  • Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Interesting set of forced changes.

Our post-Yeo world is rapidly approaching so it will be good to get a look at what we can muster in his absence around the ball. Hopefully we see Chess and Culley given their chances at the coal face.

Duggan out...Last chance saloon for JRoth? I'll be interested to see if we look better or worse transitioning out of defence. Might be some humble pie on one side or the other of the "Duggan Divide" post game.

I reckon we still have enough cattle out there to run the Saints over...if the mindset of the group is right.

Good test for Schofield and co in the box.

Interesting set of forced changes.

Our post-Yeo world is rapidly approaching so it will be good to get a look at what we can muster in his absence around the ball. Hopefully we see Chess and Culley given their chances at the coal face.

Duggan out...Last chance saloon for JRoth? I'll be interested to see if we look better or worse transitioning out of defence. Might be some humble pie on one side or the other of the "Duggan Divide" post game.

I reckon we still have enough cattle out there to run the Saints over...if the mindset of the group is right.

Good test for Schofield and co in the box.

Didn't they just sign Yeo for 3 more years?

Didn't they just sign Yeo for 3 more years?

There's being contracted and there is being available. I don't trust his body at all, despite him having a pretty good year availability wise (and reminding us how good a player he is)

One groin strain and he's very likely to be on the final slide and that is my issue.

Dunno if it's been said here yet but schoey better bring some blistex this week. Licking then moist don't work so good brother.
Hope the boys give him a better reason to lick his lips. Excited to see the younglings tomorrow.

Im heading into st kilda now for dinner and a show for the darls birthday, will be sure to put some negative football juju into the local area.
🦅🙏

I get the JJ and Rotham vibe. Our problem is that they are better than some/most not playing and our better players are not up to opposition standards. The cull will hurt but help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giddon up.
We are down.
Baby take a good look at crowd.
I know it's not many.
But it's the saints.
Keep ball movin up.
It's GAME DAY!

Thanks to fi5ve for the melody.

Last edited:
It's umm, whatever...
(maybe something interesting will happen)
Go the blue and gold chooks!

Bored Music Video GIF

Reall excited to see such a young team going at it.
Ross Lyon will be no doubt be demonstrating his unsuccessful, hard to watch, negating tactics as coach, so it’s going to be an ugly watch.
What Schofield can do to counter that will be interesting. I’d like to see Culley in the guts providing blocks for Reid, Petrol, Trew, Kelly etc.
No doubt our forwards can kick a score if provided with enough opportunities.

Ginbey on Woods is a matchup I would like to see. The Boy could do worse than learn a bit from Woods and hopefully nullify his influence.

Our midfield is shallow geez. Not mutch support named in the forward line. Then its Chesser, Jones, Culley and Petro on the bench one being sub. Rotham on the bench needed for balance.

Also hope to see Chesser used on ball, not wing. Need to start his next chapter in his development and set the kid free.

Dont mind Allen, J Williams and Maric as our 3 talls. Decent movers and can mark the ball. Concern over defensive presure they apply.

Hopefully Harry Edwards has another decent game, we need a player to come out and surprise after getting their opportunity after injury held them back.

Likewise Trew, lets see him back up from last week and fight for a contract.

If we can stay within 3 goals here I wouldnt be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back