AFL Autopsy Round 19: 5 goal loss to Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Think I'll post once and leave the self-flaggelation circle jerk.

Almost a marvellous performance. Couldn't take our chances, and umpires utterly skull ****ed us in the second half.

But we were beaten by the better team. The reigning premiers. Dogs were incredible. Bont was majestic. And it was an awesome game.

Personally I'm proud of the team and to see us play at that level is a lot of fun. We'll beat most teams playing like that, and our destiny is still in our hands.

Awesome game of footy. Good shit.

Now let normal transmission resume

I knew we didn't have a plan B and that wasn't unexpected at all but holy shit, 20 ****ing behinds...

I count 5 games we've actively thrown away this year

Seriously Worsfold is the easiet coach to coach against imo dogs would have been planning all week how stop us and we just keep rocking up with the same plan.

Really poor game. Had all the play for the first 20 mins of the last and just butchered it. Then gave up with 5 mins to go.

Only players who were good were Joe, Parish and Zaka. A couple of solid games from a few others but absolute shockers from Goddard, Watson, Hooker, Heppell. Not going to win many finals when your leaders don't stand up.

We had enough opportunities to win it. It wasn't Essington - we played ok - just couldn't handle the dogs pressure. Or kick straight.
Colyer, Jobe, Laverde on notice for form.
Hurley and Gleeson look like they should've been rested. If they are still sore, rest them.
Mcgrath might be due for a rest. Kelly wasn't keeping up. Hooker had the yips. Hopefully Raz is ok.
Plenty of changes coming for next week. At least next week is Carlton so we will have something to cheer for other than finals.

Parish was a big positive. Joe too. I liked Mckenna's game under siege. And even though he makes mistakes, you gotta hand it to Bags for putting in the 100% effort.

Last edited:
It was terrible really.

Hooker had a terrible game.
Watson also terrible.
Kicking for goal mostly rubbish

I was ready to say "oh well", but we blew the game open to 30 points after being behind by only 6 points with less than 5 minutes to go

Thought the game day thread was harsh on Hurley. He impacted so many contests with spoils and did a heap of work moving the ball. Despite the star in Bont being in form, the latter didn't win many contests against our boy.

Hurley's disposal is what let him down today, though.

Colyer needs to **** off, as does Jobe.

Hooker? Frustrating!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parish and Daniher good, Webb's audition was really good. He gets the role.
Ummm, backline leaking like a sieve...
Gleeson gets smashed in the air, worse than Hartley for the arm grab. Jobe is mentally a barista now, think he knows it's time.
**** that was pretty ordinary.

Should have kicked 170 points today - Dominated the game and couldn't put it on the scoreboard - A major concern today was aerial balls in defence - Must have conceded 7 or 8 goals, by not effectively killing the ball or marking the ball.

Green and Ambrose will be back next week.

STOP BLAMING THE UMPS.

Essendon lost that fair and square. We didn't show up and the dogs showed too much hunger.
"Didn't show up"

"pathetic"

Hahahah I'd we had have taken our chances in the last quarter domination we win

Lol @ emotional footy fans

The thing about the points is that most were very easy shots.

Kudos to Hooker for finding a way to miss from zero metres out though. He would be competing with Hickey against us for the most putrid game of the year. Give me 700 thousand a year and I promise to be no more ****.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Autopsy Round 19: 5 goal loss to Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back