Preview Round 19 v Port, Adelaide Oval Saturday 20th July 7.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleb Smith (22 disposals, five marks, nine tackles, seven rebound-50s)

“The work that Kaleb is putting in at the footy club each and every morning is certainly paying off. He looked like he was in a class above on the weekend. His cleanliness with his hands really stood out and he had a huge nine tackles as a defender. He's in great form.”

Sounds like smith is very close to senior selection
****in’ hope so. Get ‘em in when they’re confident.

Good write up about Smith…expecting him to be an inclusion this week

Going off the write up, I don’t think it’s a given Kayno will be selected for the ines
Reckon Dow will get the nod….Dow had 22 disposals, 14 contested possessions, three marks, four clearances

Smith and Dow in for Sons and Taranto by the looks of it
Dont You Say That Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Good write up about Smith…expecting him to be an inclusion this week

Going off the write up, I don’t think it’s a given Kayno will be selected for the ines
Reckon Dow will get the nod….Dow had 22 disposals, 14 contested possessions, three marks, four clearances

Smith and Dow in for Sons and Taranto by the looks of it
Yep sounds like you are right. I didn’t see the vfl game but sometimes feels like the report is manipulated to support bringing in particular players they want to bring in even if they weren’t that good or others were better

Only 6 more games to go. I'll probably watch but I don't care about the results tbh. It won't make much of a difference anyway now that the draft is fairly even.

The last game I care about for the year is next week's Collingwood game. With this one and the other non-Collingwood games, I don't care what happens. I don't care who performs well, who performs badly, who gets selected, who gets dropped, how many we lose etc.

All I ask is that we do not concede a score above 200 points and/or lose by a margin of 130+ points. That's all.

Only 6 more games to go. I'll probably watch but I don't care about the results tbh. It won't make much of a difference anyway now that the draft is fairly even.

The last game I care about for the year is next week's Collingwood game. With this one and the other non-Collingwood games, I don't care what happens. I don't care who performs well, who performs badly, who gets selected, who gets dropped, how many we lose etc.

All I ask is that we do not concede a score above 200 points and/or lose by a margin of 130+ points. That's all.
I think you’ve #e#eco as there’s still a lot to have got out of this season. Even down to our VFL side we still have a chance of finishing high up the ladder. The AFL side we need to see how many kids can rise to the occasion such as Smith, Green, Banks and Co.
I think Sunday was promising and with some nice picks next year we can start to see light at the end of the tunnel.
I’m super impressed with the rise and coming of OHB in the seconds and I think he’s going to be a huge help for Nankervis next season. Like most I never gave up for 37 years and I’m not about to now bc if we can trade out a few guys in a strong draft maybe our wait may not as be as long as we think.
Don’t give up mate as look what happened after 2016.

Last edited:
Shorty is the one for me I am really disappointed in
Was at the game on Sunday he won’t put his body on the line cost us a goal and his so called kicking is well over stated he is nearly our worst turnover kick
A statement should be made play the kids in front of him this week
And how many times did he try and tackle with one arm. No wonder he gets brushed off so easy. Greene walked through one of his "tackles" before snapping a goal and a bit later Hogan did exactly the same.

Im on the same frequency. If Hawthorn beat Collingwood on weekend then we would effectively end Collingwoods season with a win against them.

Shit teams rarely win the week after an unexpected win so not really too concerned about this game. Would rather get that unexpected win against the pies.

I think you’ve #e#eco as there’s still a lot to have got out of this season. Even down to our VFL side we still have a chance of finishing high up the ladder. The AFL side we need to see how many kids can rise to the occasion such as Smith, Green, Banks and Co.
I think Sunday was promising and with some nice picks next year we can start to see light at the end of the tunnel.
I’m super impressed with the rise and coming of OHB in the seconds and I think he’s going to be a huge help for Nankervis next season. Like most I never gave up for 37 years and I’m not about to now bc if we can trade out a few guys in a strong draft maybe our wait may not as be as long as we think.
Jesus's TI, did you get a leg over or something, most positive post of yours I've read for a while!! 😉
I'll be interested to see how long it takes OHB to get a call up to the seniors. I only watch a bit of the VFL and he has looked ok in the ruck but seems a little off with the rest of his game, not surprising given how far back he's coming from.
I am starting to get the feeling there won't be as big a turnover of players as we might hope at years end, but I still think there will be at least 8 go as I would think we take 5 at the draft, out 2 mid season picks and one or two trades/PSD/DLFA etc
Ad a similar number the following year that's a fair number of new players in 2 years on the list.

Jesus's TI, did you get a leg over or something, most positive post of yours I've read for a while!! 😉
I'll be interested to see how long it takes OHB to get a call up to the seniors. I only watch a bit of the VFL and he has looked ok in the ruck but seems a little off with the rest of his game, not surprising given how far back he's coming from.
I am starting to get the feeling there won't be as big a turnover of players as we might hope at years end, but I still think there will be at least 8 go as I would think we take 5 at the draft, out 2 mid season picks and one or two trades/PSD/DLFA etc
Ad a similar number the following year that's a fair number of new players in 2 years on the list.
I was hoping around ten, but I reckon JGTI and Pickett will probably stay on much to my disappointment.

And how many times did he try and tackle with one arm. No wonder he gets brushed off so easy. Greene walked through one of his "tackles" before snapping a goal and a bit later Hogan did exactly the same.
Houli was exactly the same. They weren't meant to be defenders more like rebounders. How we won with both playing says a lot about Grimes Rance ASH Vlas Broad backline.

Nah I won’t give up on the club. I’m too addicted to it at this point 🤣

I don’t know why I feel so apathetic towards the club tbh. Is it that I don’t feel it’s very important in my life right now? I attended a burial on Monday and it’s not exactly amping me up to watch 18th-placed Richmond unable to kick a decent score. Mood was sombre all weekend.

But it could also be that this is the first time I’ve ever thought we were a terrible team that is also very boring to watch. In the 2000s, we were an interesting club despite being crap. Always something happening with us. In 2014-2015, we were a boring team to watch, but we were pretty decent. In 2016, we were kinda crap and kinda boring, but it doesn’t compare to this year’s snooze fest.

Can't wait for the draft though. So many promising players are available!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I drew the positivity out of him. I take all the credits ;)

We will lose a few senior players, but we need to open up a few spots for this year + next year's drafts. We want to draft a cohort of players that reach their peaks around the same time. As long as we move on those that aren't showing anything by the end of the year, we'll be fine I think

Nah I won’t give up on the club. I’m too addicted to it at this point 🤣

I don’t know why I feel so apathetic towards the club tbh. Is it that I don’t feel it’s very important in my life right now? I attended a burial on Monday and it’s not exactly amping me up to watch 18th-placed Richmond unable to kick a decent score. Mood was sombre all weekend.

But it could also be that this is the first time I’ve ever thought we were a terrible team that is also very boring to watch. In the 2000s, we were an interesting club despite being crap. Always something happening with us. In 2014-2015, we were a boring team to watch, but we were pretty decent. In 2016, we were kinda crap and kinda boring, but it doesn’t compare to this year’s snooze fest.

Can't wait for the draft though. So many promising players are available!
Sad to hear about the funeral. AFL is a great sport better when we are going well.
Jeez we stuffed up things this year and we are now 18th. I thought Meehan's management of 2023 would have got him sacked. 2024 has been a repeat. Now ACLs will affect 2025 as well.

Yze thought the list was competitive... and it was until injury. But still selecting JG, Kmac, Pickett, Short regardless of form is a head scratcher. Hopefully see Smith this week.
We need new assistant coaches too.
& a new CEO be handy.

We will be bottom end for a couple of years so I expect to lose Dusty, Lynch, Grimes, Prestia, Broad, Pickett, Kmac, Nank retirement next 2,3 years. Plus delistings plus trades so it'll be half a new team by 2026. 3/4 new team by 2027.

Smith has been our most consistent performer at VFKL level IMO, cant understand why they are not giving him a chance.

Short has to be dropped for him to get a game. Big statement.

Brown ended up in the fwd line when Tresize came on. Start Brown fwd for Kmac be good.

Sonsie or Baker in the middle for Taranto.

Campbell for Ryan. Kosi to ruck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back