Game Day Round 19 vs. Hawthorn, MCG, 4:35pm Saturday 20/07

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win this, then beat Tiges, then go into Carlton game up and about, then hope Swans tank as they have top 2 sewed up, then Bears who we always play well against, ditto Dees. Go into finals on fire. Glass half full. Have hope champs.
Yep. One week at a time to claw our way back into the eight. Might need to win all six to make finals. No harm in dreaming big.

Yep. One week at a time to claw our way back into the eight. Might need to win all six to make finals. No harm in dreaming big.
I prefer now to manage my expectations. Only setting yourself up for disappointment to still believe there’s hope this season.

We nearly lost to North!!
Then never got out of holiday mode from the bye.

Should have seen a big response in the essendon game after the Gold Coast loss. We didn’t.

Should have seen a big response last night, to two losses in a row. We didn’t.

Their hearts aren’t in it this year. They don’t seem to care. I need to try not to care.

Maybe the only thing that will get them hungry again is to stop being able to be referred to as the “reigning Premiers”, once someone else is.

Why is Markov still getting a game?
Could it be because we have 17 players on the injury list? It’s so long it’s like reading the phone book (for those who remember such things).

Um, what’s a ‘neural hamstring issue’? That’s a new one on me.

There’s a fair distance between the brain and the hamstring, unless the brain thinks there’s a hamstring issue and we have to discourage the negative thinking.

Seriously.

You are joking

A turnover king
He had 2 turnovers and went at 85% disposal efficiency. Anything but a turnover king

Cameron, J Daicos, Noble, DeGoey, Steele, Crisp, Hoskin-Elliot, Lipinski, Hill all had more than 2 turnovers.

Quaynor, Krueger, Long, Maynard, Harrison also all had 2 turnovers

Last edited:

There’s a fair distance between the brain and the hamstring, unless the brain thinks there’s a hamstring issue and we have to discourage the negative thinking.

Seriously.

I'm guessing Howie has like a sciatic pain that feels like a hammy strain but is coming from the lower back - had that myself and you would initially swear it was muscular .

Our issues are between the arcs. Even with a makeshift forward line made worse with the loss of Schultz we still scored at a better rate than the cats. When we got it there we scored at just over 1 from every 2 entries. 21 scoring shots from 41 entries. But no forward line is going to kick a winning score from 40 inside 50’s

Our continued issue is the supply into our forward line and the amount of inside 50’s we are conceding. As bad as Moore and co have seemed, the ball is living in our defensive arc and no clubs defence would handle it.

Midfield has been and is our issue. But there’s no way to fix it as we don’t have the cattle. 16 to 6 centre clearances.

We all saw what happened in the first 2 minutes. That was the game in the end. 3 goals…

Mitchell back might help a little. But we are just lacking cattle. And unfortunately our depth of macrae, Sullivan, long etc just aren’t up to it. they are depth. No top picks in recent years have meant we’ve lacked the capacity to grab another elite mid to help daicos. Degoey has had an interrupted season and lacks fitness. Can’t help that.

And as is well established, the guarding of grass and just allowing Oppo teams to start the game outside our 50 arc needs to end. But that required an off season to change our setup. The risk and reward game style we’ve been playing I think has almost run its course. We are just far too easy to score against on turnover.

Last edited:

Seriously.

Second only to the infamous phantom hamstring tear in terms of difficulty to treat.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm guessing Howie has like a sciatic pain that feels like a hammy strain but is coming from the lower back - had that myself and you would initially swear it was muscular .
This is exactly it. I'm dealing with one right now, and have been for 4 months. Feels like a tear, but still has most of its strength.

Our issues are between the arcs. Even with a makeshift forward line made worse with the loss of Schultz we still scored at a better rate than the cats. When we got it there we scored at just over 1 from every 2 entries. 21 scoring shots from 41 entries. But no forward line is going to kick a winning score from 40 inside 50’s

Our continued issue is the supply into our forward line and the amount of inside 50’s we are conceding. As bad as Moore and co have seemed, the ball is living in our defensive arc and no clubs defence would handle it.

Midfield has been and is our issue. But there’s no way to fix it as we don’t have the cattle. 16 to 6 centre clearances.

We all saw what happened in the first 2 minutes. That was the game in the end. 3 goals…

Mitchell back might help a little. But we are just lacking cattle. And unfortunately our depth of macrae, Sullivan, long etc just aren’t up to it. they are depth. No top picks in recent years have meant we’ve lacked the capacity to grab another elite mid to help daicos. Degoey has had an interrupted season and lacks fitness. Can’t help that.
Adams, if he truly wanted midfield time, in hindsight would have done well to stay. With Mitchell out, he would have been used as a midfielder full time I would think. He also would probably have joined our injury list himself though too.

Mitchell was a key ingredient in getting last years flag. He’s been a monumental loss this year.

Adams, if he truly wanted midfield time, in hindsight would have done well to stay. With Mitchell out, he would have been used as a midfielder full time I would think. He also would probably have joined our injury list himself though too.

Mitchell was a key ingredient in getting last years flag. He’s been a monumental loss this year.
True But when Lippa Pendles and Crisp get about 30 touches collectively for the night you know things are crook in Tullarook. It is like our midfield has concrete in their boots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Him and Murphy.

He’d be playing ahead of Sullivan and long if the club had faith. Was subbed out in the last games he played for a reason
Yep, he's contracted, but they have put a line through him by selecting Sullivan, Long and Bytel ahead of him. That's three Supplemental Selection Period players getting games ahead of Macrae! It's very clear where he now stands.

Ditto Ash Johnson - we have no forwards and yet, he can't get a game.

I prefer now to manage my expectations. Only setting yourself up for disappointment to still believe there’s hope this season.

We nearly lost to North!!
Then never got out of holiday mode from the bye.

Should have seen a big response in the essendon game after the Gold Coast loss. We didn’t.

Should have seen a big response last night, to two losses in a row. We didn’t.

Their hearts aren’t in it this year. They don’t seem to care. I need to try not to care.

Maybe the only thing that will get them hungry again is to stop being able to be referred to as the “reigning Premiers”, once someone else is.
Don’t see the point in managing expectations. Every year 17 teams won’t win the flag. ipso facto the expectation is that we won’t.

If we beat Hawthorn and Richmond , you never know how close we might be from the eight. Get past those two and perhaps you can reset expectations , will still be tough though.

Don’t agree their hearts aren’t in it. Maybe they are not good enough and just tired from a long season covering injuries. Easy from the cheap seats.

They were good last night but just got run over in the last quarter and a bit.

Seriously.
Maybe because it’s not a real hamstring injury but an imagined one… all between the ears!!!!

Joking

Don’t see the point in managing expectations. Every year 17 teams won’t win the flag. ipso facto the expectation is that we won’t.

If we beat Hawthorn and Richmond , you never know how close we might be from the eight. Get past those two and perhaps you can reset expectations , will still be tough though.

Don’t agree their hearts aren’t in it. Maybe they are not good enough and just tired from a long season covering injuries. Easy from the cheap seats.

Well said. A lot in here should self impose 24hour bans after a loss, just so they can digest and gain some perspective.

I went into this season expecting to go back to back. Unrealistic yes. But I did the same in 2011 and that really should have panned out.

To go from a flag to seemingly missing the 8 is horrible. At least should have been top 4 after a flag.

Anyway I’m not expecting a finals berth now. If we somehow pull it off, that’ll be a surprise.

Finals starts a new season so if we can qualify I don’t write us off still getting to a prelim. Just think we’re out of runway now to recover this season.

Seriously.
That's another way of saying hamstring "Awareness".
The brain suddenly knows there is a hamstring..
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back