Review Round 19 - Western Sydney @ Energie Stadium - 20th July 2024 - 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Jetstar have cancelled my flight tonight due to the Microsoft outage. Unlikely that I’ll be at the game now.
Lots of that going on today. Saw on the news so many flights cancelled. Hopefully you can get a refund or credit.

You three are killing me. I hate having confidence before a GWS game
I can understand why. We've been burnt so many times in the past. A lot of us have some form of PTSD.

In all seriousness though, why can't this be the week that we break our away game hoodoo? We played well against the Giants in Gather Round earlier this year and were well and truly in it in the fourth quarter. Now two of their best from that game in Coniglio and Taylor won't be lining up tomorrow, so IF we show up and play like we did against Collingwood then there's no reason why we can't win this game. That's a big IF though.

Umpires
3-Leigh Fisher VFL
19-Alex Whetton QLD (Brisbane)
22-Nathan Williamson WA
32-Jacob Mollison VFL

Umpires
3-Leigh Fisher VFL
19-Alex Whetton QLD (Brisbane)
22-Nathan Williamson WA
32-Jacob Mollison VFL
Be glad you're not playing saints, because Fisher is so biast. He can't help himself.
Williamson isn't too bad.
Not too bad of a line up, could be worse.

Be glad you're not playing saints, because Fisher is so biast. He can't help himself.
Williamson isn't too bad.
Not too bad of a line up, could be worse.
I’m still reeling from when we were bent over in the saints game earlier in the season. An empty apology from the AFL later and we are left here wondering what could’ve been if it didn’t happen. If we had have won that game and the north game we would be sitting inside the top 4. Crazy.

I’m still reeling from when we were bent over in the saints game earlier in the season. An empty apology from the AFL later and we are left here wondering what could’ve been if it didn’t happen. If we had have won that game and the north game we would be sitting inside the top 4. Crazy.
Yeah, that was horrible. Apologies mean nothing after the fact.

Pretty Simple, Win 2 of the next 3 and we make finals. I’m probably more confident of beating brisbane than GWS but definitely not hopeless

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You three are killing me. I hate having confidence before a GWS game

Optimistic because dimma has sprayed them publicly and they bought that hard edge last week.

So I’m expecting the same tomorrow. We gotta win away sometime.

Bombers just lost for the first time in 7 games to the crows who are playing their kids.

So why not

Rowell and Anderson need to win this off their own back. I think our defence will hold up strong, they have no Sam Taylor so if we can win the clearances, hopefully we can convert (I miss mally already). As Matthew Pavlich once said, time to put the superman capes on, it's gold coast's time

I wanted to run through the finals race and how the Suns have done from this position in the past. At the moment the Suns are 9-8 and are one win out of the 8 with a lot of traffic in between. Last year the Suns were 8-9 and also a game out of it. They then went 1-5 to finish 15th, they would have had to go 5-1 to make it depending on a couple of games. So a similar scenario to today. Obviously that was with a caretaker coach and did include our best QClash win, but even so it was a bit of a collapse.

The fixture last year was tougher though they faced teams that would finish 2nd, 5th, 7th, 8th and 10th while also losing to the 17th placed team. So it proved definitively that the top 8 were better than us.

This year’s run of games is up against the current 7th, 5th, 16th, 2nd, 8th and 18th placed sides. So that’s four top 8 sides again and two ‘should win’ games.

With 6 games to go in 2022 the Suns were 8-8 and a win out of it once again and went 2-4 vs. just two top 8 sides. They lost to eventual 13th and 15th and beat The Roos and Eagles. That was a really poor run, if they had beat the lowly Bombers and Hawks on the road that year they might have made the 8 on percentage.

2014 was the next closest the Suns were at 9-7 and percentage kept them out of the 8 as I’m sure we all know they went 1-5. In that stretch they were without Ablett as the young mids lost their way and couldn’t keep it together.

2022 is the sort of run we have to avoid. Some level of away form has to emerge.

Here’s a look at the age of the list that started the first of the last 6 games in each of these years:

2014 – 22.77 yrs 48.68gms

2022 – 24.8rs 90.6 gms

2024 – 23yrs 76gms

It shows just how bad 2022 ended up being as they were more experienced than we are this year, while the 2014 side were really a bunch of kids with barely 2 seasons-worth of games under their belts.

Rest of the Preview is here:
https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...suns-preview-biggest-expansion-cup-game-ever/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t believe that for like 8 away games in a row now, I’ve said ‘Win this and we play finals’, and 8 times in a row we have completely sh*t the bed, yet here we are still in the exact same spot. Win this and finals is looking pretty decent. What a weird season.

Anyway, not expecting much. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me a 9th time however,…

Midfield rotations will be interesting with no Touk or Davies. Hopefully its not just Swallow going in taking all the CBAs.

I can’t believe that for like 8 away games in a row now, I’ve said ‘Win this and we play finals’, and 8 times in a row we have completely sh*t the bed, yet here we are still in the exact same spot. Win this and finals is looking pretty decent. What a weird season.

Anyway, not expecting much. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me a 9th time however,…

Midfield rotations will be interesting with no Touk or Davies. Hopefully its not just Swallow going in taking all the CBAs.
Shows you what winning at home does: keeps your season alive for a lot longer.

But yeah, crazy what could have been… But also, what could still be? There are still several chances to keep the season rolling, but they are getting fewer each week.

GAME DAY

Win and we're in the 8 (for the time being). Win by 26+ and we should stay in the 8 at the end of the round. Time to the f*$# grow up and get our first away win.

Let's f'n go!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 19 - Western Sydney @ Energie Stadium - 20th July 2024 - 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back