Preview Round 2 2018, Brisbane Lions vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Matho has had a minor hamstring issue. Not sure they would bring in someone who hasn't been on the park. Can't see any need to drop Bell for this week given there are two forced changes anyway. I thought before the St Kilda game we were a tall short and that applies equally to this week. Although he doesn't play key position, it is probably another argument in favour of Allison or even the Big O. Cutler seems the obvious inclusion up forward with a few positional changes.
Allison is a good size ( 6'4" in the old) could be a third tall fwd option

Am I a Footy/Lions tragic, or what?
Going away as of tomorrow for the Easter weekend.
Planning to drive the hour and a half back to the Gabba to watch the game on the weekend and then drive back after the game.
I hope they put in a good performance, or else it will be a long, sad trip back after the game.

Planning to drive the hour and a half back to the Gabba to watch the game on the weekend and then drive back after the game.
I hope they put in a good performance, or else it will be a long, sad trip back after the game.
Not tragic, just loyal. Yes the long trip home after a loss can be a downer. By the way, when we play at Geelong, which seems to be every year these days, that's about the same round trip for some of us travelling from Melbourne.

That's exactly what I'm doing as well. Partner is not happy, as we're down at Coomera with 15 others, and quickly driving back to the Gabba at around 4pm. How great would it be for a thrilling win by the Lions

That's exactly what I'm doing as well. Partner is not happy, as we're down at Coomera with 15 others, and quickly driving back to the Gabba at around 4pm. How great would it be for a thrilling win by the Lions
And on the way back you tell 'em to heat the pies and cool the tinnies.

Loyalty is a wonderful thing. I have just moved to Gayndah and I will be making the pilgrimage every fortnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Couch reporter last night said Rich is expected to only miss 1-2 weeks by the brisbane lions after the scans results. Have you guys heard the same?
Over the years Lions fans have been conditioned to expect the worst when we here 'indefinite' or 'week by week' assessment!

Doing the same from camping at Rathdowney this weekend. No doubt those around me at the ground will enjoy the stench of showering in the creek and campfire remnants.
Bring back Easter Thursday!

Doing the same from camping at Rathdowney this weekend. No doubt those around me at the ground will enjoy the stench of showering in the creek and campfire remnants.
Bring back Easter Thursday!
Yep I am Camping too. Cant miss the first Lions home game though.
I remember sitting behind a lady at the Gabba about 4 or 5 yrs ago and i honestly dont think she had washed her hair in years. It was quite sickening really.

I'm doing something similar. Not expecting a win but looking forward a solid effort (fingers crossed)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So being my first ever Gabba game, where should we go for pre/post-game drinks? We are staying near the ground. Any other recommendations?

The German club right next to the Gabba is usually full of Lions's supporter, as is the Pineapple hotel a couple of blocks away (easy few minute walk)

He had the second higest total of pressure acts of all players in the game mate.

The whole "Bell doesn't use his body" shtick is groupthink from previous years. His spot is by no means safe, but it is for reasons other than him not using his body. He's shown in both the JLT and round 1 his contested work has improved. He was 2 CP off being equal first for the match and 3 clearances off Beams' total.
You would have to wonder if he was so effective, why he would be in danger of being dropped.?

You would have to wonder if he was so effective, why he would be in danger of being dropped.?

Quite simply: kicking and decision making.

If someone's position isn't safe it doesn't mean they'r going to be dropped. I'd argue there is probably a very small handful of players who are well and truly safe from being dropped regardless of form.

FWIW while Bell is definitely the whipping boy for some on here (posting records would show those who harp on him more often than is sane) it's also possible to have a negative opinion of a player that's able to be backed up with well-reasoned arguments (not based off their running style) without it deviating into whipping boy territory, whether that's Bell or Keays or Barrett or others. While some posters go too far one way, throwing away all opposing arguments because "whipping boy" is correspondingly unconstructive.

FWIW while Bell is definitely the whipping boy for some on here (posting records would show those who harp on him more often than is sane) it's also possible to have a negative opinion of a player that's able to be backed up with well-reasoned arguments (not based off their running style) without it deviating into whipping boy territory, whether that's Bell or Keays or Barrett or others. While some posters go too far one way, throwing away all opposing arguments because "whipping boy" is correspondingly unconstructive.
Let's call these posters for what they are, sado-masochists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back