Preview Round 2 2018, Brisbane Lions vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure when he's contracted to, but I'd say Gardiner is on his last chance. If he doesn't show some desperation in 1 or 2 more weeks, it's the NEAFL for life.
Seriously, can't play on talls, can't play on smalls, can't play. Been gifted enough games already...about time he earned his spot.

I'm sure I heard on Murray Davis say in an interview that one of things the coaches liked about him was that he could play on either talls or smalls.

What are you suggesting here?

You think Bell is safe do you?

Some realisim in this place you not go astray at times. 2 of the worst moments came from him on the weekend. That dropped mark due to some foot steps and then burning the 3 blokes at the top of the goal square while he had a ping from the pocket hurt us big.

Never been on Bells case but bottom line is I don't think he is up too it.

Great. Comments. Absolutely agree.

I honestly think Dizzy looked the best of our KPPs on the weekend.

Of the four, he had the most disposals, best DE, most intercept possessions and equal 1%ers with Andrews.

He had some really crucial saves in the second and third quarters as well.

Guy deserves some slack.

I'd have Gardner penciled in every week for the medium term future, unless he really starts stinking it up. He's a worthy investment, even if he does eventually get taken over by Skinner/Payne I think he can become a reliable tough-nut utility coming off the bench. But I'm still confident he can become part of the starting defence unit in the long term. Big, tough lad with the mongrel, I do like that in a defender.

Am I a Footy/Lions tragic, or what?
Going away as of tomorrow for the Easter weekend.
Planning to drive the hour and a half back to the Gabba to watch the game on the weekend and then drive back after the game.
I hope they put in a good performance, or else it will be a long, sad trip back after the game.

I live in Rosebud. I drive an hour and a half to every game.

I honestly think Dizzy looked the best of our KPPs on the weekend.

Of the four, he had the most disposals, best DE, most intercept possessions and equal 1%ers with Andrews.

He had some really crucial saves in the second and third quarters as well.

Guy deserves some slack.
I was joking. Didn’t anyone get that? Seemed to have entered an irony free zone. Now I need a drink.

I was joking. Didn’t anyone get that? Seemed to have entered an irony free zone. Now I need a drink.

Lol if that is the case it went completely over my head. Didn't read that way at all. Time to add some winky faces to your jokes mate! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im feeling abit better about this one. We seem to forget we had shit prep for rd 1. Our intraclub scrapped then the sydney game where we couldnt get our hands on it then the gcs game in the pissing down rain. To go out on etihad after that prep we were of course going to be patchy.

Forecast might have shifted slightly. It seems now that muggy conditions and a little rain are expected. I think that gets us in the game a little more.

Forecast might have shifted slightly. It seems now that muggy conditions and a little rain are expected. I think that gets us in the game a little more.
mmmm it might keep the scores closer, but I believe it would favour Melbourne more so. I’d rather a fast deck where we can hopefully use some speed, rather than a slower deck that favours their big mids around contested ball.

I'm sure I heard on Murray Davis say in an interview that one of things the coaches liked about him was that he could play on either talls or smalls.

What about playing Gardiner forward , apparently he played there as a junior (see draft profile below) and seemed to have a good set shot on the times he's had a chance in the seniors.

"Gardiner can also be pushed forward, where he showed some encouraging signs for the Falcons throughout the year. "

We need to create a key forward to like St Kilda did with Josh Bruce to help Hipwood whether it be him, Archie, Oscar or even Frost . That way we can keep McStay down back.

mmmm it might keep the scores closer, but I believe it would favour Melbourne more so. I’d rather a fast deck where we can hopefully use some speed, rather than a slower deck that favours their big mids around contested ball.

That'd probably suit us more often, but I thought the pace of the game troubled us a little last week, and greasy conditions might slow things down.

Gardiner received roughly the same amount of votes per game as Harris Andrews last year .I think the coaches will want improvement but would be reasonably happy with his performance in a backline under siege most weeks.

I would bring in Cutler and Bastinac. We lost two quality players with experience, need to replace them with players who have been in the system for a bit. We already have a young side and this is a winnable game for me. Hopefully it's still nice and warm by game time - that will be worth a few goals for us.

Beams will much better for the run and Zorko hopefully can get off the leash. I reckon the Dees have one major area of concern and that is they are not great kicks/decision makers coming out of the back line. That is where we need Cameron, Christensen,Rayner and Taylor to apply enormous pressure and force turnovers. Do this and we are right in the game. The longer will stay with them the more nervous they will become. The football world expects them to win - the pressure is all on them.

The Dees lack pace, especially in the backline but also in the midfield. If we can move it around quickly but not with the panic we showed last game we are a real chance. Funnily enough, although we regard Melbourne's midfield as having more size than ours, many on their board have the same concerns about them as some here have about Bell - they don't use their size to advantage. Interesting to see how primed they will be against us though.

Where do you park? Not sure where to park, because I usually just get dropped off and picked up.

Secure parking in Flinders Lane is where I park. Book ahead and it's only $10 for the day. Only 5 minute walk to Etihad.

Lol if that is the case it went completely over my head. Didn't read that way at all. Time to add some winky faces to your jokes mate! ;)
No worries. You weren’t the only one. I have never bagged Bell and was just responding to Sizey and trying to mimic the idiotic comments I’d read about Bell eg send him to the NEAFL for life. I am all about development and would never put a line through any of our players. They’re all capable of improvement.

As to Gardiner, he could develop more run and give away less frees, but while he’s in the side I’m behind him 100%. Our KPDs are all developing, not sure who will be the best long term. I agree he was one of the best on the weekend.

Unfortunately, l’m not of the generation that knows what a winky face is or where to find one.;)

No worries. You weren’t the only one. I have never bagged Bell and was just responding to Sizey and trying to mimic the idiotic comments I’d read about Bell eg send him to the NEAFL for life. I am all about development and would never put a line through any of our players. They’re all capable of improvement.

As to Gardiner, he could develop more run and give away less frees, but while he’s in the side I’m behind him 100%. Our KPDs are all developing, not sure who will be the best long term. I agree he was one of the best on the weekend.

Unfortunately, l’m not of the generation that knows what a winky face is or where to find one.;)

Ah, I have SM blocked so missed the context.

Get with the times old-timer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back