Game Day Round 2, 2021: Hawthorn v Richmond, 28 March 2021, 1.10pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah i heard him. Was driving home with iffy reception so i missed who it was too.

Deep voice?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Brendon Goddard.

Colour me shocked that he's got nothing nice to say about the Hawks. Dude will be salty towards us til the day he dies.

Frost taking the game on was a prime example of what you need to do to break a press open now. Quick ball movement is vital. We have been so slow moving the ball which has allowed Richmond to set up and eventually counter

Hoping for a similar second half to last week. Tiges actually have a spine though unlike the Essendon campaigners

Kosi didn’t really want that from Breust.

mans Breust should never have given to him
He gets paid to kick goals, already had one on the board, kozi wasn’t in a better position

disappointing decision

Good signs that quarter- issue is centre clearances and actually digging in for two in a row.
We're winning the clearances but they're easily having the better quality clearances- need to put pressure on their players rolling through as opposed to trying to take out a different player.

Real interesting conversation about who comes in for who next week- Howe has done more than enough to half for mine, currently in our best. I'd think Scrimshaw, Wingard and Lewis should all be in the side next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Ceglar will get ‘injured’ at half time so Scrim can come on. Cegs doesn’t offer much

Ceglar or McEvoy have sat a kick behind play for most of the game, trying to force the tigers to go wide. It's been working for most of the game. It's just that the Tigers have won some crucial centre clearances straight after the Hawks kicked a goal that has stopped the Hawks closing the gap. I very much doubt either of the two ruckmen will make way in the second half, especially as I think they're counting on Nankervis tiring in the last quarter from having to ruck against both of them. We saw what happened last week when Draper tired in the ruck.

Hanrahan is freaking awful. Weak as piss.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Was the only one chasing up forward while every other richmond back walked out untouched - but whatever you reckon mate
Maybe is Worpel wasn’t a liability defensively we could rotate omeara more and keep him fresh. 🤷‍♂️
It's a worry, but he's still young enough to improve every aspect - I'd say Tich is just as bad at token tackles

O'Meara, Worpel, O'Meara, Phillips and Hanrahan lift and we're in with a chance.

Being brutally honest here, the only thing we are a chance of doing is not getting flogged. It would take a huge drop of form for the Tigers to lose from here they are just too well polished and can switch it on when needed.

Martin is probably playing better now because he knows he doesn't have to talk to Bruce McEvaney on brownlow night.

Interestingly 3 of Richmond's goals have been caused by Richmond turning it over us streaming forward and immediately turning it over ourselves.

mans Breust should never have given to him
He gets paid to kick goals, already had one on the board, kozi wasn’t in a better position

disappointing decision
Eh? Kosi was 20m closer. He should have kicked it!

A lot to like so far. Richmond’s skills are 10-20% better than ours which is the difference, along with Dusty. Without him they’d still be a top 8 side but no where near what they are.

Good to see a couple of nice passes into the 50 that quarter though.

Been impressed with CJ, Kosi and Brockman. Howe has been our best mid so far. Going in hard and using the ball well. Mitchell plenty of ball but not a heap of damage. Need more from Jaeger and Worps.

Defence has done very well considering how good Richmond are at transitioning the ball. Hardwick, Hartigan and Frost have been very solid.

They're just way too disciplined. We're playing hesitant and scared. They're covering options for the runni game and reading the slow kicking game. They're just better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back