Preview Round 2: St.Kilda v West Coast - Domain Stadium (A), Saturday 1 April 2017, 4:40pm (7:40pm AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with a bit of passion for your side mate:thumbsu:
Im a little bit different i guess. I let it all the emotions out during the actual game. And the next day im pretty chilled and rational again.
But definitely not too rational during the game:p
If im watching it on telly everybody in my street can hear me yelling " you f-ing beauty " when we are kicking goals.
They can also hear me yelling out " WTF are these d***heads doing" if we are getting beaten.:D
They can also hear my wife saying " if you drop the f-bomb again in front of the kids im gonna shove that TV where the sun doesnt shine :oops:.

I'm the same usually, this one hurt for some reason. We have such a shitty fixture we have to win just about every 50/50 match to have a chance.

Suggest everyone go to the Saints v Melbourne autopsy thread and read The_Steadier's comments re the injuries we copped in H2 last Saturday.
Puts a 5 goal loss to a comparable, and better on the night, team into some context.
Like I said earlier: I get the disappointment, I don't get the hysteria.
Yikes! Not a great foundation for an interstate game. Plus Mav, by the estimation of many. You'd think Jimmy could be replaced by Joey if necessary, maybe Shinner replaces Brown, Blake comes in for Armo, would we pull some maverick move like bringing Rice in for Newnes? Maybe Makenzie, or maybe Newnes just soldiers on. Such a shame that Stevens is crook, he'd be perfect.

Purple breaking news on the footy show as i type that Dempster is considering retiring immediately after missing selection last week

Purple breaking news on the footy show as i type that Dempster is considering retiring immediately after missing selection last week

Wouldn't believe what Barrett says alone. Dempster is a fitness freak anyway, so if he hypothetically wasn't going to play this year (doubtful considering form and injuries) he'd still be getting a decent pay packet to keep in shape while studying for life after football, can't remember exactly what his plans are but he's done some courses IIRC.

Wouldn't believe what Barrett says alone. Dempster is a fitness freak anyway, so if he hypothetically wasn't going to play this year (doubtful considering form and injuries) he'd still be getting a decent pay packet to keep in shape while studying for life after football, can't remember exactly what his plans are but he's done some courses IIRC.
Studies at Deakin correct

Suggest everyone go to the Saints v Melbourne autopsy thread and read The_Steadier's comments re the injuries we copped in H2 last Saturday.
Puts a 5 goal loss to a comparable, and better on the night, team into some context.
Like I said earlier: I get the disappointment, I don't get the hysteria.
What is H2?

Completed a Biomedical Science Degree and read somewhere he is now doing a Masters in Strength & Conditioning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not with standing it's Purple, Barrels , that would open the door for Marshall to be elevated...

I love Armo and don't want to write him off just yet like some are. But I have a feeling this may be a blessing in disguise.. I know the consensus is we need runners for the bigger ground but I feel with Armo out Richo is gonna place a big reliance on our mids picking up the slack and we will see very good games from Dunstan, Ross and co!
If Acres isnt in I will flip because this is a huge opportunity for him to cement a spot and a chance for us to see if he really has it! Same goes for Paddy! We cannot keep protecting him.. he is a number 1 draft pick and has the potential to be a star. If we are going to ever win that elusive 2nd flag in this era we need Paddy! So let's get some bloody football into him and some bloody trust into him! I still can't get over how some posters don't have him coming in...
I'm excited about this game. We are a massive underdog, the players know this. I can't wait to see how we respond and I have faith it will be bloody well!

Out- Roo Armo Brown Lonie
In- Paddy Acres Dempster Sinc

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think Acres will come in but i can't help thinking people have a distorted memory of him.
Last year he got 28 disposals once and 26 once.
Just about everything else was 20 and less. Still no match for a fit Armitage.

Acres doesn't play permanent midfield for 90%+ of the match like Armo does.

Give Acres a extended run as 90% mid and see what we get in return.

If Acres doesn't come in for Armitage he may as well pack his bags and head back to Perth for good.

Not that I think it really matters who comes in for Armitage as without Riewoldt we're next to no hope of beating West Coast.

I'm just hoping we can show some more fight than last week and not get blown out of the water.

I think Acres will come in but i can't help thinking people have a distorted memory of him.
Last year he got 28 disposals once and 26 once.
Just about everything else was 20 and less. Still no match for a fit Armitage.
He got 20+ every game for the last month. That's where the hype recently comes from.
He's more outside than Armo tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back