Round 2 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MILLER, HIBBERD, MARTIN, WALTERS, CRIPPS, NEWNES, GRIFFEN

THEY'RE ALL GONE. Nightmare Round, MIGHT scrape 2000.

Laughing at all these rage trades after round 1. Supercoach isn't won off one round. Stick with your rookies even if they have a shocker this week. Assess missed rookies next week for the price rise.

Lol at all you guys telling people not to trade
Yes it's smart to save trades and stick with your team, but it's also vital to make the big decisions when necessary and accept mistakes

Sutcliffe out for me, made a big mistake
Docherty or Hunt?

Lol at all you guys telling people not to trade
Yes it's smart to save trades and stick with your team, but it's also vital to make the big decisions when necessary and accept mistakes

Sutcliffe out for me, made a big mistake
Docherty or Hunt?
I like Docherty he showed good signes last year but still a mid pricer but could av 90 ish.

So many spuds!

B - Newnes, Goodes, Lumumba

M - Griffen

F - Martin, Salem

I want to piss off Griffen (M5) for Wines. WTF was I thinking with putting Griffen in my team last minute? The spud can't handle a tag and will get tagged every fricken week! :cry:

Getting Bonts in for Lamb as I have $392,000 in the kitty. Forward line is too thin with Salem at F4 (Clark and Hogan at F5 and F6)

Backlines a worry though -

Newnes, Lumumba, Higgins, Goodes, McIntosh, Sadd

I'm ok with McIntosh and Saad at D5 and D6 and will persist with Higigns and Lumumba but I reckon I'll be turning Newnes and Goodes into Docherty/McGovern and Hunt at round 3.

As someone who was at the G yesterday, I'm not going anywhere near Ablett when I trade out Rockliff.

I couldn't agree with what you're saying more. As someone who watched the game yesterday and picked Ablett, I wish I didn't pick him, and if there's any trade I'm considering this week, it's to trade him out for another premium who can actually lay a tackle and not play so timidly.

Sure he scored 119, but he looked like crap, and only scored that highly because he managed to kick a couple of goals to bring it back to a close margin. Would have struggled to crack 100 otherwise. He also only scored 119 against Melbourne. Against top 8 opposition he'll struggle twice as much to find the footy.

I feel as if his 2-goal last quarter was extremely lucky for all his owners, and if Ablett owners are expecting him to continually score 100+ over the next 4-5 weeks (or however long it takes for his shoulder to actually heal), I think that's wishful thinking, and you've deceived by the fact he scored 119 against Melbourne, most of which is because he scored 2 goals in a close time of the match.

The only reason I wouldn't trade him out this week is because he's playing St Kilda next week, and perhaps there may be a slight improvement in his shoulder. But, on the flipside, you don't win supercoach from playing it safe. Trading him out now, and bringing him later could very well propel you ahead of the thousands who hold onto him. I'm very aware that it could come back to bite you in the ass, but it's a pretty good calculated risk I would have thought

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

someone please tell me if its worth holding onto hibberd and martin... martin I'm more keen on keeping than hib...

looking to raise cash to go cripps > rich. had him in my squad all preseason but got pushed out with my super premo midfield. definitely looking to bring him in this round.

only reason people are looking to trade out mummy and goldy is due to the fact so many cheaper rucks scored so well.. I got mummy and tbc. considering worst case scenario if I need the funds to go mummy > nicnat.

which rookies do we NEED to have in our teams this year?? so far the ones I'm super happy with is saad(GC).. mcintosh.. heeney.. vdb.. cey and hogan to some extent. not sure which other rookies I'm missing out on???

thoughts on this?

someone please tell me if its worth holding onto hibberd and martin... martin I'm more keen on keeping than hib...

looking to raise cash to go cripps > rich. had him in my squad all preseason but got pushed out with my super premo midfield. definitely looking to bring him in this round.

only reason people are looking to trade out mummy and goldy is due to the fact so many cheaper rucks scored so well.. I got mummy and tbc. considering worst case scenario if I need the funds to go mummy > nicnat.

which rookies do we NEED to have in our teams this year?? so far the ones I'm super happy with is saad(GC).. mcintosh.. heeney.. vdb.. cey and hogan to some extent. not sure which other rookies I'm missing out on???

thoughts on this?
I like the look of Newton. Priced a little higher than your 100k Rookie but this kid looks the goods and could be this years Dom Tyson

mumford > nicnat
cripps > rich

still leaves me with 50k..

really want wingard in my team.. maybe bonts too.. will work on them two next week.

people who are not trading first two rounds will get left behind.. its all about picking up players at their lowest price and selling them at their highest. rich will go up to 500k.. nicnat will smash out a 100avg. mumfords price cannot get any higher than it is. and a 200k rookie was a bad idea from the start. money much better used elsewhere. I said it about sheed but bought into the hype around cripps

I couldn't agree with what you're saying more. As someone who watched the game yesterday and picked Ablett, I wish I didn't pick him, and if there's any trade I'm considering this week, it's to trade him out for another premium who can actually lay a tackle and not play so timidly.

Sure he scored 119, but he looked like crap, and only scored that highly because he managed to kick a couple of goals to bring it back to a close margin. Would have struggled to crack 100 otherwise. He also only scored 119 against Melbourne. Against top 8 opposition he'll struggle twice as much to find the footy.

I feel as if his 2-goal last quarter was extremely lucky for all his owners, and if Ablett owners are expecting him to continually score 100+ over the next 4-5 weeks (or however long it takes for his shoulder to actually heal), I think that's wishful thinking, and you've deceived by the fact he scored 119 against Melbourne, most of which is because he scored 2 goals in a close time of the match.

The only reason I wouldn't trade him out this week is because he's playing St Kilda next week, and perhaps there may be a slight improvement in his shoulder. But, on the flipside, you don't win supercoach from playing it safe. Trading him out now, and bringing him later could very well propel you ahead of the thousands who hold onto him. I'm very aware that it could come back to bite you in the ass, but it's a pretty good calculated risk I would have thought
Agree with all of that except the part suggesting he'll find it easier against St Kilda. Weller did a masterful job of tagging Griffen out of the game today and will be a much harder opponent than Viney was.

Unsure at this point, but contemplating

Sheed/Touk Miller -> Rich
Rockliff -> Midfielder I can afford

I expect Rich to boom with more midfield time in the absence of Rockliff, and the Brisbane draw in the short term of

North
Richmond
WCE
Gold Coast
Carlton

isn't bad.

Obviously actual trades will come down to more Rocky information at this point, but in a perfect world he misses 4-6, and drops 150k before being a post bye pickup from a fantasy POV.

The only reason you should trade this week is INJURY.

OR if you think you will need to make more than 2 rookie corrections next week.

Otherwise no trades.
Pretty much agree. No point trading out a premium because they will most likely recover and score to their potential. No point trading in an unproven midpricer after one good game, because they will most likely burn you. No point trading out a midpricer after one lousy game, back your research and give them a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back