Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First scenario that you should run through when picking someone

1) If this guy stinks it up in Round 1, will I want to sideways him?

If the answer is yes, why are you picking him? You clearly have no faith in him performing throughout the season.
Obviously it's too late for that now, so if you really believe you've made the wrong decision you might as well change it.

I agree with this in general. I also think the temptation to pull the trigger early needs to be considered carefully in the context of 'am I actually strengthening my team by doing this?'.

However, I also don't buy into the no trades in the first couple of rounds idea completely either. We rarely end round one in perfect shape, and rookie corrections can make a big difference to how you travel through the season. Occasionally, sacrificing a premo who has disappointed might be the right way to go about this. A role change, or fitness issue might present opportunity, but it needs to be thought through. There's no way I'm offloading Pendles, particularly with Swan and Sidebottom leaving midfield holes. But if Fyfe is carrying an injury, I don't completely discount the idea of letting him go before he loses me $100k and and who knows how many points? Barlow is connected to this thought for some. Is a less-than-healthy Fyfe good for Barlow's midfield opportunities? Fyfe might be more a sideways option than a downgrade, but the principle remains. Is it strengthening my team?

this time last year i traded touk---> sinclair cripps ---> nvb.
ruined my whole year.
yah im not trading this week.
NVB was a fun trap. The only trade I made in the first 3 rounds last year was Miller to Van Berlo. Could of been so much smarter.

Robinson -> BenKen
McDonald-Tipingwuti -> Johannisen
Only if Robinson is going to miss weeks with injury he had 23 touches in 2 and half quarters v one of the best teams on their home deck .

Only if Robinson is going to miss weeks with injury he had 23 touches in 2 and half quarters v one of the best teams on their home deck .
Yeah, I heard somewhere that he will miss 3-4 weeks but if it he is fit this round or set to miss only 1 game I won't be trading him.

Could go Milera > Brown fwd > WB Adams.......

Yeah ?
Give steele 1 more week
Milera will score better than Brown so your burning a trade and losing potential points just to gets Adams. Give Steele one mire week i reckon and then try to get Adams with a single trade. He will score well with the first 8 games at Etihad.

Wait to see if named. Even so, give him a chance!!
Don't wanna trade him out to then see him average 120 for the rest of the season!! Hold on fella

Exactly, my thought. Because if I do trade him out, he will probably score 100+ points. Basically its Murphy Law.

upload_2016-3-29_12-42-50.png

LOL at the muppets, who are trading in Hickey!
HE ISNT GOING TO PLAY LOBBE EVERY WEEK!

*for you guys with Jacobs, i would chuck the VC on him this week, should score 200 if Hickey can get 150 against him

View attachment 229749

*for you guys with Jacobs, i would chuck the VC on him this week, should score 200 if Hickey can get 150 against him

Wow, I've got the top 2 of players who are being traded in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 229749

We play Bulldogs this week who don't have a great ruckman either. Not the worst idea.

Hmm. Do I jump the gun and trade Milera to Papley now. Never like doing round 2 trades but it gives me the flexibility of having 2 trades rather than 1 in round 3.
Hold if you can. McGlynn and McVeigh could be back in the team in the next 1-2 weeks, but Papley would be very stiff to be dropped after last week.
I think Pyke will persevere with Milera.

We play Bulldogs this week who don't have a great ruckman either. Not the worst idea.
First really decent ruck Saints comes up against is Mummy when they play GWS. Depends on who you have as rucks as to whether a Hinkley trade in makes sense.

Yeah, I heard somewhere that he will miss 3-4 weeks but if it he is fit this round or set to miss only 1 game I won't be trading him.
Injury report normally comes out some time Tuesday.
I have Robbo aswell so hoping for the best.

First really decent ruck Saints comes up against is Mummy when they play GWS. Depends on who you have as rucks as to whether a Hinkley trade in makes sense.
Yeh but how long do we play just Hickey? Think longer comes in when he's fit. It's a bold move off 1 game.

Who do you want to bring in, in round 3?

Dunno yet but it will give me 150k to play around with. Could get Sheridan or an Aaron Hall if I really get creative with my trading. If Rocky really is injured then I can always send him up to a Priddis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back