Round 2 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheers mate.

If you had the cash lying around, would you trade Walsh to Sheed this week?
Nah I’m bullish on only using trades for correcting rookies in rd 1 and 2, or for for premos with clear role changes

Would want to see Sheed do it again, and when Gaff comes back.

Also Walsh will be better for the run, he just finds the footy

TLynch was my final player added to my team about 6pm last Thursday...

In hindsight, I think I would have been better off to wait & see as I think he will take a good handful of games to get going... and will probably lose some cash in the meantime.

Question is, do I just live with it or do I jump ship, e.g trade to Rokliff (via DPP) ?

Costs you a trade (assuming Rocky stepping stone - could go the distance, I suppose) and exposes you to an additional on-field rookie in FWD line for a while, no?

Remember to factor that in when you run your numbers if that’s the case, it offsets the gain you get from Rocky.

I’d want the trade to net me 250 pts or so if I pulled the trigger this early,I guess. Others might set the bar lower there:

Last edited:
Anyone got any stats on Round 1 stoppages compared to last year?
Wondering if there is actually a 20% to 25% drop in stoppages if this will mean a drop of 20% to 25% of ruck scoring?
If so the top ruck at the end of the year may only be worth $500,000...
UNLESS they
1. kick goals
2. take contested marks
3. play like a midfielder and get clearances.

Any cheap rucks who do all three?

Being aggressive after scoring 2230 and a ranking of 1600 and something and having watched every game I’m going to trade Billings and Hanley for Greene and Lloyd. Billings game on Sunday was no different to anything he dished up last year.
Second highest touches on the field... Thank you for keeping a spot warm for me in the top 2k.

Wondering if there is actually a 20% to 25% drop in stoppages if this will mean a drop of 20% to 25% of ruck scoring?
UNLESS they
1. kick goals
2. take contested marks

Clearances no different after just one round
2018 full year approx 36-37 per team

If any thing, the less congestion should mean more hit outs to advantage.

(Edit, wrote stoppages originally)

Shaking my head about the five top trade ins.
Newman, Rockliff, Sheed, Westhoff & Worpel. What is it about the sheep chasing last weeks points??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of horror trade stories getting thrown out around here. Let me fill the masses with a feel good story of a trade gone right that will warm the souls and touch the hearts.
It was Rd.9 2014(second week of the byes), I’d come home from my local footy(Probably another 40 and 5 snags if you don’t mind) and I still had one trade left to use out of the three. Waited for final teams to be named on the Brisbane v North Saturday night game, seen Boomer was in and thus traded him in. He then proceeded to score 180 and I won the weekly by 10 points. Ever since that week I’ve had a soft spot for little Boomer
View attachment 641988
:think:

Shaking my head about the five top trade ins.
Newman, Rockliff, Sheed, Westhoff & Worpel. What is it about the sheep chasing last weeks points??
That's SC.

Newman at a new team:question:
Rockliff, fit but when Wines returns? :question:
Sheed, finished last year off in same fashion but when Gaff returns? :question:
Westhoff, averaged 102 last year iirc and in stunning career form:heavycheck:
Worpel clearly benefiting from Titch out. :heavycheck:

UNLESS they
1. kick goals
2. take contested marks

Good point if proven. Would suspect Westhoff would be best ruck option outside of Grawndy

No trades this week for me.
Doesn't look like I've missed out on any of the gun rookies which is a good sign.
And not gonna rage trade a premo after one week to chase points, need a better sample size to make those judgement calls.

That being said, Oliver’s fat ranga head will be first on the chopping block if he spuds it up again.

KPP are a cancer in your team. Feck em off asap.
I have darling and he was my equal lowest performing premo along with Libba.
Yep me too. Tossed up darling and billings - went darling so escaped billings but now not convinced on darling. Will give him a week but then considering quick bandaid rip trade to a $400k fwd and use the $70k for a second fix up.

Hi,

Just wondering where I can post my team and get some tips?

Thanks

Clearances no different after just one round
2018 full year approx 36-37 per team

If any thing, the less congestion should mean more hit outs to advantage.

(Edit, wrote stoppages originally)
I'm trying to work out what I'm seeing :drunk:

I feel that their is less stoppages and therefore less Ruck contests and less chance for Rucks to score from their 'normal' scoring avenues but I'm unsure how a stoppage is classified and if it includes throw-ins. Clearances I assume do NOT have to be from a stoppage as it can simply be a contested situation with the ball loose that someone 'clears'?

I do think that clearances and contested possessions seem to be spread across more players with the new rules as so far we have seen a more one on one 'man-up' style of play than the rolling maul we saw last year which in turn will decrease the clearances and possessions of the teams number 1 in and under player.

Am I making any sense? It looks like a different game and I'm sure this will impact on scores in some way and I'm just trying to figure out who it will affect positively and negatively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back