Autopsy Round 2 vs Essendon @ Marvel Stadium. 26/03/23 - 2:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

He actually found the ball though which is something many of them couldn't. Deserves to hold on that fact alone until the more favoured ones come back.
Whats the point of finding the ball when you have 11 direct turnovers. That's abysmal. Under 70% DE is bad for a defender, he went at 43%.

Where is Jed Anderson at the moment? Close to best 22?

On the plus side, there is no way we can be as bad as round 1 ever again, right? Right?!

The problem is though, I don’t see any obvious ins? Weller, Ellis, Lemmens, Powell are at least a week away from playing AFL unless we rush them in. Humphrey wasn’t named in the VFL? I assume Mally played VFL? No idea what is happening with Sharp. Berry? Sexton to at least give opposing defenders something to worry about? Ace?

Not a whole lot of speed or skill fit and knocking on the door.

You would think rosas would be up for selection and Humphrey will be clear to play whether that's afl or vfl who knows. Those 2 would add some balance to our team though. Weller would probably play vfl next week you would think.

Opposition coaches can have confidence from now on, knowing if we intercept their forward entry, our back six will turn it back over. We don't have an acceptable kicker out of defense. Which begs the question, did any of our coaches think of moving Lukosius down back at halftime?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dons dominating Hawks at the moment, if we play like last night we will get pumped again
The pressure will be on so we'll find out what our boys are made of. I'd be tempted to fly the boys down early just to really hammer home the external pressure.

The Bombers will absolutely be up and about after this and confident they can tear through us. Let’s see what the playing group (and coaching group) are made of and how they respond.

Need to bring the pressure in the middle and through Holman/Ainsworth/Berry/Rosas to stop Redman/Ridley/McGrath or we’ll get cooked.

Opposition coaches can have confidence from now on, knowing if we intercept their forward entry, our back six will turn it back over. We don't have an acceptable kicker out of defense. Which begs the question, did any of our coaches think of moving Lukosius down back at halftime?

Good call, although Luko was probably the best of our 5 key forwards. Jeffery has also played defence, and he was rank yesterday

Casboult - Humphrey
Jefferies - Rosas
Constable - Graham
Davies - Sharp
Macpherson - Berry
I’d keep Jeffrey over Rosas, especially since Rosas is underdone. I just think Jeffrey is a better impact player. He was tackling (6) and had 28 pressure acts, which is more than Holman. So he’s clearly worked on that side of his game.

Berry has never played in the backline, so not sure you can swap Darcy for Berry.

Otherwise, probably sounds about right. Graham is also a maybe for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we consider alex sixton? His last game at marvel was pretty good.
Won’t help much with tackle pressure; but scoreboard pressure is a different kind of pressure.

Feel like he is in no-man’s land with the coaches though, unfortunately for him.

Sexton is one of the best snaps in the game. We should be able to play him and see if he can get 20-30 goals for us. Instead we play Davies as forward, or someone like Ace gets the nod over him…

We have too many pressure players not enough skilled players
Agreed. When we’re on; we’re on, because we can usually stay ahead and keep the heat on. But our game plan is pretty easy to counter in close games, or if the other team gets a roll on it’s hard to come back from sometimes as we don’t have that speed from rebound and turnover.

We can dominate for 10 minutes and barely score a goal. They can dominate for 20 minutes and score 20+ points unanswered.

Just re listening to dews presser and there was certainly some individuals he wasn't happy with taking the easy option. Wonder if this will come out in selection or if they get a chance for redemption. Sounds like weller may be a chance for selection also. Maybe sub? A run in the reserves would make more sense to me.

For now I would move luko back to defence we need someone who can kick the ball. Another option down back for me would be hollands. You can see what Clarkson has done with Sheezel a young bloke with talent that can read the play and half back is an easy place for them to get the ball in their hands.
Also we must play smaller up forward and leave either chol or casboult out. I’ve been very disappointed with chol so far with preseason and round one form I’d be more inclined to leave him out.

For now I would move luko back to defence we need someone who can kick the ball. Another option down back for me would be hollands. You can see what Clarkson has done with Sheezel a young bloke with talent that can read the play and half back is an easy place for them to get the ball in their hands.
Also we must play smaller up forward and leave either chol or casboult out. I’ve been very disappointed with chol so far with preseason and round one form I’d be more inclined to leave him out.

Chol needs someone to deflate his massive ego down a few notches.
He should have taken 6+ contested mark and dropped every one of them.
Luko needs to be left as a running HB he has zero contested marking presence he's not a KP footballer it's so obvious. He's an oversized flanker.

Chol needs someone to deflate his massive ego down a few notches.
He should have taken 6+ contested mark and dropped every one of them.
Luko needs to be left as a running HB he has zero contested marking presence he's not a KP footballer it's so obvious. He's an oversized flanker.
Chol is lazy - no other explanation. So much talent being wasted.

Holman is the best example of this. Huge pressure but doesn't get the ball enough. Bailey Humphrey has to be given a chance even if it means Holman, Ainsworth, Davies etc has to go.
Agree, get Humphrey in and give him game time all year, from what I saw of him in pre-season was HUNGER you can’t coach that. It’s instincts and attitude get him on if he’s right to go.

Hard to know the availability of Ellis, Powell or Weller. I think the first 2 might be right to play

Casboult - B.Ellis (Luko Fwd, as much as he should be half back still)
Davies - Humphrey/Rosas
Uwland/Constable/DMac - Powell

Sub: Rosas/Humphrey

Graham wont be needed againat us if 2MP isnt playing

H.Jones - Ballard
Weideman - S.Collins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back