Review Round 2 vs Western Bulldogs @ Mars Stadium - 24th March 2024 - 12:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, the raps on this kid are massive to come back from injury into a winning team with no matches under the belt. Good on Jed! He has worked bloody hard for this and I can’t wait to see him tear it up.

Also, been pleasantly surprised with Dimma’s selections to start the season. Thought it would be a straight Rosas > Macpherson > Tsitas swap, but looks like we will see a Andrew/Atkins/Closehy in, who all deserve a spot and add something to the team. I wasn’t overly optimistic when we were starting Day/Tsitas/Macpherson/etc. in pre-season, so happy to be wrong.

Reckon it’ll be Atkins/Andrew for that final bench spot depending on how the Bulldogs lineup, with Atkins/Closehy sub. Unless we are looking at Long in for Rosas seeing as he has been training up forward?

Actually wouldn't mind seeing long in for rosas. With walter replacing casboult that would be a totally ballistic pressure forward line.

Actually wouldn't mind seeing long in for rosas. With walter replacing casboult that would be a totally ballistic pressure forward line.
I could see that working too.

WB have Lobb and Darcy on the bench, with at least one playing. Darcy could be a defender, but if Lobb plays that is a third tall forward. Think Mac makes sense to an extent.

Also, Jack Macrae not being in the top 26 players at the Bulldogs after looking at that lineup is certainly a decision from their coach. Unless he’s recovering from something that hasn’t been broadcast?

Wouldn’t look bad on a wing if Ellis decides to hang them up this year. ;)

Lucky I didn't take you up on that bet ;)

Lesson for all of us here. Never say never in the Dimma era!
Happy to be wrong! Was just told they where happy being conservative with Jed, so he must be absolutely flying at training. Very excited to see him play, heading tl Ballarat for this one.

Happy to be wrong! Was just told they where happy being conservative with Jed, so he must be absolutely flying at training. Very excited to see him play, heading tl Ballarat for this one.
Good stuff mate. If this is your first time watching Jed play live then you're in for a good show!
Enjoy and don't forget to make plenty of noise for our boys :goldcoast:

It’s going to be one for the ages seeing Jed debut, I think he’ll live up to the hype and shine. He won’t want to let down Dimma after being selected without having to do a week in the VFL.

Btw who are you going to heckle this time? Have you got your sights set on someone 🤣

It’s going to be one for the ages seeing Jed debut, I think he’ll live up to the hype and shine. He won’t want to let down Dimma after being selected without having to do a week in the VFL.

Btw who are you going to heckle this time? Have you got your sights set on someone 🤣

Caleb Daniel for not defending

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might go stand in front of the coaches box and give it to Bevo all game 😛

Also, Jack Macrae not being in the top 26 players at the Bulldogs after looking at that lineup is certainly a decision from their coach.

Macrae's body is breaking down, he's no where near fit and slower now competing with younger players. Jack's on the decline IMO

I’m legit scared of what JUH could do to us this game. Collins/Ballard duo still raises questions for me when it comes to matching up on good KPF. We have been pretty lucky in facing Tigs and Cows without their power forwards. Perhaps this is where Mac can come in and potentially match JUH with some athleticism.

If we get this matchup right, it’s gonna go a long way to being 3-0

So looking forward to seeing Jed play at this level. Not expecting him to tear the game apart or kick a bag yet but just hoping to see glimpses of what he’s capable of doing - busting packs, applying defensive pressure that belies his size, a strong contested mark in a pack or on a lightning fast lead.
He has the tools to quickly overtake King as the main man in our forward line. That said, I think their respective strengths are going to complement each other well down the track and potentially be a nightmare matchup for opponents.

So looking forward to seeing Jed play at this level. Not expecting him to tear the game apart or kick a bag yet but just hoping to see glimpses of what he’s capable of doing - busting packs, applying defensive pressure that belies his size, a strong contested mark in a pack or on a lightning fast lead.
He has the tools to quickly overtake King as the main man in our forward line. That said, I think their respective strengths are going to complement each other well down the track and potentially be a nightmare matchup for opponents.
Same. Not expecting a lot but at the same time wouldn't be surprised to see him come out and kick 5, he's just that sort of player.

Witt’s out for moyle
Moyle V English might lose us the game
No offence to Ned but English is probably the best ruck in the comp and he’s very inexperienced

I mean, English is going to run the best ruckmen off the ground anyway, but as far as tap ruckmen go, he’s not a massive lump of a body that Moyle struggles against, so hopefully he can hold his own in the middle and get our mids some ball.

Good opportunity for him to show the rest of the comp his development and what he can do.

We're in trouble. Moyle is ok against average rucks but think he struggles against English. Great opportunity to get himself a nice contract though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back