Review Round 20, 2022 - Richmond vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Richmond?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardwick adjusted. Corridor footy was out for us mid way through second quarter. We just didn't have a response.

You are so intelligent and have a deep understanding of the game. You called this in the second quarter.

I think mighty lions can be a bit too quick to criticise you but in fairness you have been making unprompted posts like this to bring him up pretty constantly in a completely new thread.

Don’t see the need, your position on Fages’ coaching and the team can stand by itself.
I appreciate the inside knowledge he provides, but getting sick of him telling people, and it’s just not me, what we can’t talk about, and his point blank refusal to engage further in discussions.

So when we have a bad loss (and this bad) due to Fagan, I’m genuinely interested in how he will defend one of his sacred cows and the indefensible.

season down the drain right there
42 points up going for top 4... and stop
you were robbed in the last quarter.. kick a goal and the maggot umpire pulls out a phantom free kick and takes the goal off you. absolute dog shit. there was no free there... cost u the game
and mitch robinson cant kick a goal from 20m out...spud..cost u the game

If Matho isn't the saviour who is?

Seriously though. No point playing him

Ashcroft for one. Think we really need a massive overhaul end of season and bring in the likes of Wilmot, Lohmann Dev. And possibly Fletcher. And Robbo out for one. Lyons possibly. Matho has a run of poor form back to the VFL.

Watch Fagan next week gift games to Adams, Answerth, Gardiner, Andrew’s, McStay … all his pets are walk up starts. Rayner did not a whole lot … again…for years on end. Lyons still looks cooked. Robertson was clearly BOG in the Reserves and Fagan goes in with Fort as the Sub? Fagan has drunk so much of his own bath water that he is beyond redemption.

Fagan will bring out the “mulligan” again for sure, while my ten year old is crying his heart out in his room. We played the Tenth place team and the bookies had them as favourites.

Everything the media says about this side is true. Mentally weak down hill skiers. 8800FBD7-6C98-4027-93C8-048652E7F1D4.png 0D1341A9-64AD-4BEE-8DF3-404C7475E674.png

Bizarre how Andrews is part of the leadership group but he is the worst player/leader in the defensive half.

Not even a rant, but number of times he doesn't pay any respect to his opponent or even make a contest.

Time to do a mini reset of the club. Harsh calls need to be made or we will continue to be a 5-8 team that never challenges.
He must be injured. No one loses that amount of speed.

They paid a free for Oscar shoving Balta in the back, a free that literally never gets paid. So the decision to even bother reviewing the score was just baffling

But not as baffling as Fort as the sub

Balta put three jars of mayo on it too.

Calling for a score review, it being called a clear goal and then paying a free just cruel.

There was another pathetic flop by a Tigers player that the ump fell for at some other point in the last quarter when the ball was in our forward half.

Gutted but not entirely shocked.

Everything that could go wrong did go wrong in those last few minutes

just not good enough 7 goals up and loose it.
They got the run of the umps, never saw a score review and a goal then overturned.
But just not good enough.. again way way tooo slow. One of Robbo, Lyons and Matho needs to go.. Or maybe all 3.

I paid particular attention to J lyons and his ability or want to get back and defend is absolutely in excusable, play D Robertson least he wants to defend.
Zorkos absolutely dumb free kicks he gives away absolutely rile me up, was verry lucky not to give away a 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few big changes coming next year.

Ashcroft straight in
Dev replaces Lyons
Hopefully pick up a mobile 3rd forward or defender to replace McStay/Gardiner
Zorko to hand over the C

We may dip for a year or two before we are serious contenders.

Watch Fagan next week gift games to Adams, Answerth, Gardiner, Andrew’s, McStay … all his pets are walk up starts. Rayner did not a whole lot … again…for years on end. Lyons still looks cooked. Robertson was clearly BOG in the Reserves and Fagan goes in with Fort as the Sub? Fagan has drunk so much of his own bath water that he is beyond redemption.

Fagan will bring out the “mulligan” again for sure, while my ten year old is crying his heart out in his room. We played the Tenth place team and the bookies had them as favourites.

Everything the media says about this side is true. Mentally weak down hill skiers.

Rayner was pretty good. Had another one of those “impact with a small amount of disposals” games. 6 score involvements.

Also we had SOOOO many chances to win it - the Rayner advantage, the Lyons snap when he should have passed, the McStay hand ball to Rayner, the Linc goal review not to mention about 7-8 others poor options when we had numbers ahead of the ball, bad passes - then added to that, the missed set shots.

Complete mental meltdown. It was palpable at the ground, you could feel them falling apart.

To be the team to allow Richmond to excercise their ‘Richmondy’ demons, would be sad if it wasn’t just so predictable and tbh comical.

I appreciate the inside knowledge he provides, but getting sick of him telling people, and it’s just not me, what we can’t talk about, and his point blank refusal to engage further in discussions.

So when we have a bad loss (and this bad) due to Fagan, I’m genuinely interested in how he will defend one of his sacred cows and the indefensible.
Does lashing out at a fellow poster after a gut wrenching loss make oneself feel better? If so, let me see who is roaming these boards.......

Positives:
  • Coleman is continuing to build his elite form, despite missing games
  • Hipwood's building form
Negatives:
  • Everything else
how we can capitulate like that is mind-boggling. Our midfield is too shallow and our backline is too flimsy; whatever we've got going isn't working.

As if we haven't had enough kicks up the arse all year, just another game to add to the lowlights reel.

I still have faith in this group, but some significant changes have to come if we're any chance of contending for the flag because based on that effort we're nowhere near it

Utterly embarrassed, but next week is a blank slate

You have done this the last 2-3 losses as well.

I’m not saying don’t defend yourself or have an opinion, but it just seems unnecessary to tag him in your first post of every review thread.

ML should probably just ignore posts/log off, but then we’d all be a bit happier if we did that.

Fort as sub lost us the game. Robertson would have been a much better selection. He could have clamped down on Bolton.
Said earlier in the week that we cannot go with Fort as a medi-sub with a number of players coming back with so tissue injuries such as Coleman and Zorko and Fagan goes ahead and does it. This two games dropped as a DIRECT result of the coaches there idiotic selections. On top of that Fagan has shown enough that he aint leading us further. Time for a change including all of his way to comformtable assistance particulalry Davis, Hudson and Jed.

If today wasn't proof that this club is in a bad way I dont know what is - no doubt a couple of posters will come out in the coming days defening the club as they usually do with there rose colored glasses.

Absolutely livid after throwing away a 42 point lead - not many clubs have a nack of being arrogant beyond belief and do what we regulalry do but the Lions do it. I reckon Carlton's mids will batter us next week.

Anyone care to defend pea hearted McStay who has checked out like 6 weeks ago? He had a good half against GWS and again has ckeked out yet Fagan wants to play a set up and a player that cant be trusted and wont be here next year. Tell me what the point is?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 20, 2022 - Richmond vs. Brisbane Lions

Back