Preview Round 20 - Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast Suns, Sat 27, 4:35PM; People First Stadium, Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't get the Hipwood down back talk when on song he's our best forward Morris if wants back in the team should play back

Morris does not have the tank to play on GC talls. He is at best an opportunistic third tall who can create a bit of magic in forward line. Hipwood has a mature body, closing speed and played defense in younger age so at least he'll know his way around D50.

Morris does not have the tank to play on GC talls. He is at best an opportunistic third tall who can create a bit of magic in forward line. Hipwood has a mature body, closing speed and played defense in younger age so at least he'll know his way around D50.
That's fine he doesn't need to play on king Frog has done a great job playing on talls

Yeah I think purely as a spectacle Hippy v King is up there.
We would need angry Hippy though.

I swear he has actual cranky pants he sometimes wears. Maybe jocks that are too tight? He has to focus so much on the game to ignore the discomfort that he has his best games.

I'm not worried about his pace more playing on someone significantly taller and uses his height as a strength
Ok so let's say Hippy plays back and Morris doesn't fire as a forward Hipwood would at least kick goals if not win us the game as a forward Suns defence is definitely their best end of the ground with Mac and Collins

Ok so let's say Hippy plays back and Morris doesn't fire as a forward Hipwood would at least kick goals if not win us the game as a forward Suns defence is definitely their best end of the ground with Mac and Collins

We win plenty of games with Hipwood not being overly influential. It will hurt but not as much as King dominating Lester or Prior IMO

I really don't get the Hipwood down back talk when on song he's our best forward Morris if wants back in the team should play back

Teams can play well without one of the best forwards. They can't play well when missing 5 of the best.

Same situation with the backs, so robbing the forwards of one player to even out the backs has a lot of merit. Especially when there is a forward who has played well; Morris knows the structures and has shown he can contribute. So it's not a loss of a whole player. More like dropping one forward to 50% capacity.

I think hippy BACK is a good option.

Edit- what I think will happen is we will try different options during the game

Last edited:
Teams can play well without one of the best forwards. They can't play well when missing 5 of the best.

Same situation with the backs, so robbing the forwards of one player to even out the backs has a lot of merit. Especially when there is a forward who has played well; Morris knows the structures and has shown he can contribute. So it's not a loss of a whole player. More like dropping one forward to 50% capacity.

I think hippy forward is a good option.
I agree Hippy forward and Morris back is worth a try

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think regardless of who we go, we will need to play Oscar behind the ball. Use Smith and Joe as the rucks forward of centre and Oscar in the back half. Will need his height and intercept marking ability.

Last I checked Lloyd is 6/4 Ryan is 6/8 and ZZ is 6/6 all with the capacity to play in defence
It’s not only about height.
We still need player who can move with some form of athleticism and also with AFL experience would be handy.

We have to try them it's only for 3 weeks
We don’t have to try them at all, and with any luck Harris will be back next week.
So we only really need someone with comparable height and athleticism for this week.
We may need to bite the bullet and run with Hippy this week and then we go back to Andrews, Lester and probably Prior for a couple of weeks until Joyce or Payne is back.

We don’t have to try them at all, and with any luck Harris will be back next week.
So we only really need someone with comparable height and athleticism for this week.
We may need to bite the bullet and run with Hippy this week and then we go back to Andrews, Lester and probably Prior for a couple of weeks until Joyce or Payne is back.

Saints next week who are short, Giants the following week is an issue

Anyone have gps stats on Morris? My hunch is he doesn’t get around the ground heaps nor is overly quick. He just reads the play well, doesn’t get sucked in to the contest and is damaging. Not sure he’d make a good defender at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back