Preview Round 20 - Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast Suns, Sat 27, 4:35PM; People First Stadium, Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not a lot that hasn't been said already.

Personally, I think Hipwood is much too valuable structurally to send down back. Even when he wasn't in great form earlier in the year, he was working hard up the field, he's so important with how we exit our D50.
We saw this in the Hawks game he was suspended for
I would be in favour of Berry going back and Prior coming in. I'm a big fan of McKenna, but even at his best he's not great overhead so Brain needs to stay.
Not sure if we will play the 2 ruck men and try and place one of them in the backline. Doesn't feel like something we would do, but think we could see Fort as the sub if he's not playing.

Last edited:

Is a non displaced fracture less serious than a broken jaw or a displaced fracture noting I’ve no clue about these things hence possibly the numpty question?

Displaced is the broken bits of bone moved out of place,need surgery and screws or wires to hold it together while the bone re-knits together and heals

Non displaced means you can see the break but you got lucky and the bits have stayed in place so just needs to be splinted/held in place while it heals.

Cornes just said on SEN that Joey is going to be playing in defense this week lol
Don't worry, Gold Coast won't seen anything coming when they find out Neale will replace him as Key Defender and Daniher to be the small midfielder.

Hunger Games Deal With It GIF by BuzzFeed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fagan said in the presser today that Daniher has played back (can’t remember when he this at the Bombers) and they were looking at all options. Will be interesting to see what we do - hopefully we mix it up a bit. People often criticise Fagan for playing safe - have to do something this week given the outs. Please don’t put Eric back as he’ll get frustrated and get reported. Go Lions!
Cornes just said on SEN that Joey is going to be playing in defense this week lol

looks like mckenna sub.

No way does brain go out imo

Nor ah chee

Prior is playing third kpd

Smith is playind second kpf

and they are looking to stretch us with 2 rucks. When moyle / king and lukosius are on the field they will be tall. Moyle has 1 career goal from 9 games as he is a genuine ruckman. Maybe witts will be forward more given coming back from injury?

And fages just has to be foxing with joe! Looks like hippy kpd

Not sure about McKenna for Reville. Hopefully he's better for the rest. Other changes make sense and you'd assume Hipwood will play down back

Worried if Andrew or Ballard plays on Smith but hopefully he can get busy and hopefully we're injury free and can sub him if it doesn't work

Like Witts in for Walter. Not too worried about Lukosius or their smalls. Just need to stop King and not waste too many opportunities down the other end

looks like mckenna sub.

No way does brain go out imo

Nor ah chee

Prior is playing third kpd

Smith is playind second kpf

and they are looking to stretch us with 2 rucks. When moyle / king and lukosius are on the field they will be tall. Moyle has 1 career goal from 9 games as he is a genuine ruckman. Maybe witts will be forward more given coming back from injury?

And fages just has to be foxing with joe! Looks like hippy kpd
Morris is 2nd forward has a good record against Suns big Joey defensive back on King apparently

do not mind Berry back.
Joe mark it on the full back line and have a shot
I've got a mate who plays GK sometimes in our soccer games and then dribbles the length of the pitch, has a shot, and then runs back.

I feel like that's a good representation of Joe at FB.

The only reason Henry Smith got a reprieve is because he is tall IMO, don't like the call but I hope it works out for us.
With Witts coming in and Moyle staying in, it's a pretty good call IMO - those guys really could work over Oscar if he's really solo rucking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back