Preview Round 20 - Brisbane Lions v Gold Coast Suns, Sat 27, 4:35PM; People First Stadium, Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a ladder predictor for one round only with no thought put into it.
Just went the favorites like us in all games (Demons were just slight fav over Giants).
We hold 3rd spot if we win.
Lose and we drop to 5th just half a game in front of 10th.
Another must win game with 4 more to follow.

Hardwick says Hipwood trained with the defenders this week

Hardwick - we do us, don't pay attention to the opposition because we are goooooodddd. Won't change because of their set ups because we are gooooooddd.

But ... we've sent spies out we know all about what they are doing at training 🤣🤣

I think they start with this backline and see how things go.
If the Suns can't out mark us, then they will be in trouble when it comes to ground.
The opposite could be our issue but worth a gamble in the 1st quarter i recon.

FB: Zorko - Prior - Starcevich
HB: Wilmot - Lester - Berry/McKenna & Brain

Berry with some wing/mid time also.
Hippy to defense way before putting Jo back.

Player heights
Berry - 192cm
Lester - 192cm
Prior - 189cm
Starch - 187cm
McKenna - 184cm
Brain - 183cm
Wilmot - 183cm
Zorko - 175cm (Zorko no longer our shortest player that is now Craven at 174cm)

We should put Zorko on King for the opening bounce. King will be so rattled by this ploy he will begin to question himself as a footy player and as a man. He will eventually crumble from mental fatigue and drop marks and miss easy shots at goal.

Hardwick - we do us, don't pay attention to the opposition because we are goooooodddd. Won't change because of their set ups because we are gooooooddd.

But ... we've sent spies out we know all about what they are doing at training 🤣🤣
Or that he reads too much BF at work (just like some high-profile journalists I bet) ;)

The problem is, look what’s happened to a banded up Carlton, looked good until it all fell apart. I hope the same doesn’t happen to us but not confident because of how decimated we are at the back.

Would suck if the ridiculous injuries cost us 2nd

It's a great test. Pressure is well and truly on our midfield.

The core trio of Lachie, Dunks and Hugh will be important, but if we can see another strong Rayner game along with further progression in Ashcroft, it'll go a long way in giving us opportunities to win. Here's hoping.

Great night for the glass half full crew with the blues going down

For me and my chicken little cronies; likely 7th if we lose :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

r0_0_800_600_w576_h298_fmax.webp
COMETH THE HOUR, COMETH THE MAN!
1722000111878.jpeg
RYAN LESTER - ‘The People’s Champion’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back