Opinion Round 20 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

If the commentators ala Darcy or some other **ckwit on the box says Macca,s pace is suspect it must be right.
Amazing how a throwaway comment from one of these losers suddenly becomes fact.

You don't think he's been restricted at all in the last few weeks?

I'm not all doom and gloom, he's finished so @@@@ off and thanks for the memories and I really am expecting him to get better with each week he has a clean run injury wise but watching the games these last few weeks I've honestly felt that part of why it hasn't been a bigger issue is he's so experienced at reading the play and putting himself in the right places so that he doesn't have to play catch up.

Last edited:
Darcy is simply the worst commentator because he doesn't have an opinion as he simply just piggybacks others and has no context.

If the commentators ala Darcy or some other **ckwit on the box says Macca,s pace is suspect it must be right.
Amazing how a throwaway comment from one of these losers suddenly becomes fact.
salim please. He's been second to the ball at every contest for the last 2 games. It has to be worrying the club.

salim please. He's been second to the ball at every contest for the last 2 games. It has to be worrying the club.

Ross hasnt called anything of the sort.Ross per his interviews seems to be more than happy with Lukes pace and endeavour.
You have to admit that certain myths about players is perpetuated by dumbarse posters who take every throw away line by so called TV experts as gospel

Ross hasnt called anything of the sort.Ross per his interviews seems to be more than happy with Lukes pace and endeavour.
You have to admit that certain myths about players is perpetuated by dumbarse posters who take every throw away line by so called TV experts as gospel
Absolutely they are, but right now Luke looks like a player who the game has passed by. I hope he's still building.

Absolutely they are, but right now Luke looks like a player who the game has passed by. I hope he's still building.

Judgement will come in the next couple of games. The St Kilda game has already been explained - he had a tight calf and nearly didn't play. So for mine I can only judge on one game and the fact that Luke has played very little footy for weeks now. I take comfort that even Johnno who is a recent all australian was awful for a few weeks after a 6 week lay off for a leg injury.

Barlow kicked three goals last time we played them there.
Mundy had 18 disposals.
Ballas touched it 8 times for one goal,
Walters 15 times for a goal, the same result as Sandi and Clarke's output combined around the ground.

Mzungu had 11 touches.

Neale, Barlow, Hill and Fyfe were the driving force in our midfield and they are all intact for this game.

J Pod kicked three - gone.
Joel Corey had 22, a goal and 11 tackles - gone.

We are up to our eyeballs for this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is one hell of a large travelling squad.
If we're going to replace Muz, then we need someone with a bit of toe. Obviously Menagola didn't travel, so out of the said list I guess Croz and Duffy would have to be the only relatively quick and mobile ones. And with Ibbo out, we could go SCOS or even give Tabs a run at the other end (he's not slow).

If crozier plays, he's gonna have to show a bit. Last few games for freo have been underwhelming. Good opportunity for a few guys.
In Croz & Scos
Out Gu & Ibbo

Would like to see Duffy play

If we're going to replace Muz, then we need someone with a bit of toe. Obviously Menagola didn't travel, so out of the said list I guess Croz and Duffy would have to be the only relatively quick and mobile ones. And with Ibbo out, we could go SCOS or even give Tabs a run at the other end (he's not slow).

Bringing SCNOS or Tabs into the backline in place of Ibbo would make it far too tall a backline, especially given the Cats don't usually run with many talls in their forward line. I see SCNOS being injury back-up for one of our KPDs. Ditto Tabs for Pav.

With Ibbo out, I suspect Sutty will spend more time in the backline. Would like to see Crozier get a run. As a half forward with a bit of time higher up on the wing. Not sure who will pick up Mz's role though... Suban possibly? Barlow is another option, but he might be needed around the ball this week. If Duffy gets a run (though I don't reckon he will), then I suspect it'll be as the sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Round 20 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back