Opinion Round 20 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

How are we feeling about suspensions? Wouldn't be surprised if they find something against Crowley. Murphy should go, Ballas and Stevie J get consistently pinged for this.

How are we feeling about suspensions? Wouldn't be surprised if they find something against Crowley. Murphy should go, Ballas and Stevie J get consistently pinged for this.

Gibbs should get something for throwing an elbow into Ballas. It would have been fine if he had not pointed his elbow when he fell into Ballas back.

Yeh Crowley was down for a good 30 seconds, surely he must be reported.

If Pav cant get up for the game against the cats I would really worry about bringing in Tabs or Apeness. Geelong are a great team and they would either be lining up on Lonergan or Taylor. I don't think this could even be considered a learning curve I think it would be confidence breaking. I don't think tat Gumby has done enough at WAFL level to require a call up as yet, things may change this weekend though. I would probably prefer to bring in Silvagni if fit and play one of Mcpharlin or Johnson in the forward line and replace them in the backline with Silvagni. Its not perfect but I just think bringing in one of the young guys against Geelong with no Pav along side them would not be the best idea.

If Pav cant get up for the game against the cats I would really worry about bringing in Tabs or Apeness. Geelong are a great team and they would either be lining up on Lonergan or Taylor. I don't think this could even be considered a learning curve I think it would be confidence breaking. I don't think tat Gumby has done enough at WAFL level to require a call up as yet, things may change this weekend though. I would probably prefer to bring in Silvagni if fit and play one of Mcpharlin or Johnson in the forward line and replace them in the backline with Silvagni. Its not perfect but I just think bringing in one of the young guys against Geelong with no Pav along side them would not be the best idea.

We just need one of them to provide a contest, I would back which ever one has the best game on the wkend.

McPharlin is just building his fitness and get some match touch back. It would be a big mistake to through him forward when we will need him at his best in the finals.

Murphy will not get suspended. Stevie J or Ballas would get suspended for exactly the same thing, but not Murphy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really upset the Gu got injured. He is a running machine and is really an underrated player IMO. The amount of times I've seen him take a gutsy mark in the backline, only to do some hard running and get the ball in the forward line seconds later is amazing.

Muz for Sheridan if is still injured
Realllllly hope Pav can make it up...I'd prefer Appness over Tabs if it came down to it
If Mora has a really good game, maybe him to come in for one of the mentioned above.

Hard to think of who could be out based on injury, form and the MRP (I always factor this in).

Sheridan and Crozier are the only two who were close to recall; and I'm not sure if either of them are suitable replacements for Gu or Pav. I really really hope Mora and Gumby destroy it this weekend - DESTROY IT.

9 day break - Pav will get up.

Mzungu will prob miss and Walters will be in.

According to Ross' presser, Mzungu "will be fine".

"Hopefully Matthew will come up, but concussions are serious"

I'd say Pav is more in doubt that Tendai.

And on that note it is interesting that the third quarter was when the Blues really got on top of us with their run and Tendai spent that entire quarter on the bench. He is really quite an important player for us.

EDIT - ...and then Ross says later in the presser that Tendai has a low grade Hammy strain implying that he will likely miss. :confused:

Last edited:
EDIT - ...and then Ross says later in the presser that Tendai has a low grade Hammy strain implying that he will likely miss. :confused:

I noticed this too. But he may be saying "he's fine" in context of season ending...Barlow or Neale said after the game that Gu was really proppy and sore so thats never good.

OUT: Mzungu
IN: Sheridan or Croz - I'd probably lean more towards the latter, only because he's probably a slightly more superior goal kicker.

If Pav cant get up, Apeness is the obvious swap unless Gumby kicks a bag but even then that's a stretch.

Surely they play Walters at least once through the WAFL...

Fox footy reporting that Fyfe has scans today. Hopefully just precautionary.
Out - Mzungu
In - Sheridan
Pan will be fine. Wasn't concussed v saints & walked himself off the ground last night. Will be right to go!

Out: Pav (if injured), Gu (if injured), Pearce (sick of his s***)
In: Apeness (for Pav. Might not get the goals on the board, but he'll keep the defense busy), Sheridan (deserves another call up & would be one of our first in come september if there's injuries), Walters (doesn't need WAFL time if he's been running well for weeks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Round 20 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back