Opinion Round 20 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm confident that it'll be a close game. 75% confident that we'll win.

To those Freo supporters doubting us is it the fact that we are away, the recent struggling form or that Mz and Ibbo out that are making you question if we can win.

Well we beat them away last year when it was a huge game just like this one is.

Just before we played them at the start of the year we were in a form slump too. We had lost 3 of 4 games heading into Pav's 300th.

In that game we were missing Mcpharlin, Ibbo, Walters.

I'm with Simmo

Our engine room is better than theirs.

Game on!!!!!!!!!!

Love this board's optimism; really do. After Duffy's naming I was expecting a meltdown and instead its been the opposite.

I personally think we are a little stretched in defence, inconsistent in forward at the present and we've been patchy in the midfield. However, we do somehow turn it on for Geelong and even though they're a top 4 side I think they're ultimately pretenders this year.

So what is the mood like for Geelong fans? Are they equally positve their side will smash us as we are negative? Don't intend to go to their board to check
There were quite a few pretty buoyant earlier on when Pav looked to be missing. I've only got one point left to earn a week off, so I'm waiting a few days before I go back.

I'm incredibly excited for this game, however I am not very optimistic. My only optimism is holding onto the fact that Barlow has never lost a game against Geelong...

I would love to be pleasantly surprised of course, but I don't think we can win this one. A huge fortnight to come!
Stoked for Duffy and happy to see Crozier back!

I doubt he would be an emergency. If he's fit to play he'd be playing. If they need an emergency they wouldn't use someone who is being injury managed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they've been pretty good. Us winning 4 out of the last 5 has probably got something to do with that.:D
Don't remind me. I was at the 1.

Love this board's optimism; really do. After Duffy's naming I was expecting a meltdown and instead its been the opposite.

I personally think we are a little stretched in defence, inconsistent in forward at the present and we've been patchy in the midfield. However, we do somehow turn it on for Geelong and even though they're a top 4 side I think they're ultimately pretenders this year.
I completely agree with this, Geelong have not convinced me at all. Wouldn't be surprised if Motlop was a late withdrawal. Cats scraped over the line against Bombers, Dogs and Giants.. There best is very good, it's whether we let them produce..

Here it is... FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRKKKK!!!! Duffy Ugh, just do not rate. With any luck we only need him to come on and kick some junk time goals in the last after we have it in the bag, but I'm not confident.

As someone going to the game.... please don't rain!!!

I rate our chances, but it was definitely hard to tip us this week. It'll be a good close game hopefully. If we go in firing after the last couple of disappointing performances, we could come out on top!
I just looked at a few different weather sites and I reckon there is a good chance of the game being rain affected.

It pissed down over on the west coast early this morning and this is trough system fairly slow moving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Round 20 Changes vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back