Review Round 20 - Q-CLASH @ PF Stadium - 27th July 2024 - 4:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't mind the changes, hope the 2 rucks doesn't backfire but happy to see how it goes. Don't mind if Johnstone starts half back as named as thought he looked good there last year. Berry probably sub.

Normally don’t mind match selections. But if we lose, we’ve lost this at match selection. 2 ruckman, somehow Sexton dropped after he actually looked somewhat dangerous. For Tom Berry who has zero forward craft. Then Buda dropped and not JJ?

Happy to see Moyle get a game and see how he goes forward and tucking with Witts.

Aerially we have an advantage going forward by some margin. Their halfback line will probably still be good enough to easily win them the game though if we waste our chances or we don’t kit our targets/take our marks.

Holman on the wing? Surely Weller or Johnston would be better choices. Hopefully that is a rotation we make throughout the game.

Rosas is the biggest in though. That boy better keep his hands to himself and kick us some goals!

Happy to see Moyle get a game and see how he goes forward and tucking with Witts.

Aerially we have an advantage going forward by some margin. Their halfback line will probably still be good enough to easily win them the game though if we waste our chances or we don’t kit our targets/take our marks.

Holman on the wing? Surely Weller or Johnston would be better choices. Hopefully that is a rotation we make throughout the game.

Rosas is the biggest in though. That boy better keep his hands to himself and kick us some goals!
Holman has played mostly wing since coming back into the team.

Normally don’t mind match selections. But if we lose, we’ve lost this at match selection. 2 ruckman, somehow Sexton dropped after he actually looked somewhat dangerous. For Tom Berry who has zero forward craft. Then Buda dropped and not JJ?
Berry isn’t inspiring, I agree. But our options are a bit limited there.

But I’m keen enough to see two rucks as a trial. Just stick Moyle/Witts deep and force a defender to them. Let King and Luko move around in the forward 50 and either draw a defender away or get easier marks. Could work. And Moyle or Witts can’t be any worse than Walter’s output right now… Moyle is just as much a competitor as Walter and a little more mature.

As for Budders, Jeffrey is overall a better kick than Budderick and gets more of the ball. He had one bad game, but has been good overall. That’s probably what it comes down to.
Holman has played mostly wing since coming back into the team.
He has. All I’m saying Weller (now he is back) or Johnston (now we have some small forwards again) would be a better option with speed and skills for a winger. Or at least rotate a bit. Holman is a bit like Fiorini on the wing. Has his strengths and can plug a hole, but doesn’t seem suited overall there.

This is the shit I wanna see. I want to know that our players take the rivalry seriously and care enough to be hurting over brisbanes dominance of us. It’s good to see this rivalry means something to the playing group and that they are keen to turn the tide against big brother. I want to see a fired up, angry, hungry, pissed off suns outfit on Saturday afternoon.

'Frustration and anger': SUNS desperate to rectify QClash record​

Anderson will line up for his 100th game in Saturday's QClash and admitted to a 'Little Brother, Big Brother' dynamic between the clubs since he was drafted in late 2019.
Aside from one blip last season, vice-captain Noah Anderson says Gold Coast's lack of success against Queensland rival Brisbane has left him frustrated and angry.
B9F70FDB-710A-4D68-90A8-B3B01AA836E0.jpeg

I guess Dimma reads bigfooty, Moyle stays, Walter out is what people were calling for all week

This is the shit I wanna see. I want to know that our players take the rivalry seriously and care enough to be hurting over brisbanes dominance of us. It’s good to see this rivalry means something to the playing group and that they are keen to turn the tide against big brother. I want to see a fired up, angry, hungry, pissed off suns outfit on Saturday afternoon.

View attachment 2058781

Believe nothing that you read...........and only half what you see.............even less now with AI ;)

Looks like we’re in for the biggest QClash ever. The Lions are third on the ladder, if we win we keep our finals hopes alive and trump what would be a superior achievement to last year’s victory. In 2023 the Suns were also a game and a half out of the 8 but at 8-10, really didn’t look like they could close the gap. The Lions this year are even hotter than they were last year despite a slow start and the Suns are a win better off. They also have a chance to maintain an undefeated home record, cementing Carrara as a fortress that even the best sides can’t breach.......

As a response to last week a win would be one of the great one week turn-arounds in recent league history. I can’t quite bring myself to back the Suns all the way but I think it will be a close one and fairly high scoring. Frankly if we can’t get close to a century with no proper key defenders in opposition then why bother?.....

https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...ake-some-marks-on-hipwood-and-the-mosquito-d/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we’re in for the biggest QClash ever. The Lions are third on the ladder, if we win we keep our finals hopes alive and trump what would be a superior achievement to last year’s victory. In 2023 the Suns were also a game and a half out of the 8 but at 8-10, really didn’t look like they could close the gap. The Lions this year are even hotter than they were last year despite a slow start and the Suns are a win better off. They also have a chance to maintain an undefeated home record, cementing Carrara as a fortress that even the best sides can’t breach.......

As a response to last week a win would be one of the great one week turn-arounds in recent league history. I can’t quite bring myself to back the Suns all the way but I think it will be a close one and fairly high scoring. Frankly if we can’t get close to a century with no proper key defenders in opposition then why bother?.....

https://eyesonthesuns.wordpress.com...ake-some-marks-on-hipwood-and-the-mosquito-d/
According to Evans it should be sell out crowd so great atmosphere again.

We were really humiliated by Lions at Gabba. The worst performance for me this year. We were just sleep walking there while Lions were 3 players down.

Unless we can split the midfield Lions patched up defence will possibly not matter. Berry will probably tag Rowell again.

How will Dimma handle Neale?

I would like Andrew play on Daniher.

Yes, our inside 50 deliveries, midfield/forward synergy is poor but let's be honest, with just average conversion against GWS we probably won. King had like 7 set shots, most were gettable. Every time team gets 60+ inside 50 it should win.

Will extra ruck rob us in pressure, speed department? I would love nothing more Moyle and Witts each kicking a couple of goals.

The season is on the line. Go Suns. Give it everything.

2nd youngest line-up of the round (after Adelaide).

Last edited:
Johnston, Berry, Rosas, Holman, Long. Looks like we have loaded up on the ‘pressure’ small forwards to make up for a ruckman at full forward and Brisbane’s small, fast backline.

Hopefully these guys turn up with heat early and we can actually lock in our dump inside 50 kicks. Should be good for an extra 3 or so goals with Rosas back feasting on the ground balls.

Last edited:
Johnston, Berry, Rosas, Holman, Long. Looks like we have loaded up on the ‘pressure’ small forwards to make up for a ruckman at full forward and Brisbane’s small, fast backline.

Hopefully these guys turn up with heat early and we can actually lock in our dump inside 50 kicks. Should be good for an extra 3 or so goals with Rosas back feasting on the ground balls.
Between the 5 of them should hopefully get 20 touches between them 🤣

Well we have a VFL team this week in the Fitzroy-BrisC Lions so here are the Voldemorts
1-Chris Donlon VFL
5-Leigh Haussen SANFL
9-Matt Stevic VFL
15-Matthew Nicholls (VFL AKA Mr Baldy)

MINI GF #6 Hmmmmmm
Shit. Stevic AND Nichols? You’ve got to be kidding me

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Round 20 - Q-CLASH @ PF Stadium - 27th July 2024 - 4:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Back