Round 20 trades (week 1 finals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 2 trades left and finished 6th on the ladder. Not a bad effort in my first year of SC!
I need a hand, any help or tips would be much appreciated

I've finished 6th so this is a knocked out round so what are my options for the two trades and who should be captain

Goddard, Taylor, Heppell, Shaw, Gibbs, Ibbotson (Golby & Clisby)

Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, O'Keefe, Barlow, J.Kennedy, S.Mitchell, T. Mitchell (Kommer & Crouch)

Minson & Roughead (Currie & McBean)

Cox, Bartel, Martin, J.Kennedy, Cloke, Staker (Neade & Daniher)

Got 2 trades left and finished 6th on the ladder. Not a bad effort in my first year of SC!

I've finished 6th so this is a knocked out round so what are my options for the two trades and who should be captain

Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, O'Keefe, Barlow, J.Kennedy, S.Mitchell, T. Mitchell (Kommer & Crouch)

How much cash do you have?

Depends how much cash you got left, would be awesome if you had enough to turn T Mitchell into a premo mid and Crouch into a forward... Watson will be great value next week for those conserving cash.

Goddard Hanley Hartlett Shaw Ibbo Staker Vlastuin Thurlow
Gaz Pendles Jack Beams Barlow Jelwood Watson Omeara Crouch Tmitch
Cox Kreuzer Nichols Blicavs
Martin Buddy Rocky Cloke JK Stokes Rowe Oxley
Early thoughts
1. Staker/Ibbo to Enright Thompson
2. Nichols to Maric, Cox fwd then one of the back moves as above
260k spare must win
i would turn one of jom or tmitch > gun mid best you can get.

Early thoughts
260k spare must win

T Mitchell to K Simpson/Fyfe
Nicholls to Goldstein/Minson (Cox forward)

Would give you plenty of points... though would also leave you pennyless for your other trades, if you have other trades! :)

Does anyone think Mitchell can bridge the gap between himself and Watson? Have 30K and want to do a straight swap between the two for my last trade.

You're in a similar position to me - finished 6th with 2 trades left. Good effort in your first year though!

Downgrade Golby to a cheap playing rookie and upgrade Staker to a premium forward of your choice.

Or downgrade Golby to cheap playing rookie and upgrade Mitchell to a premium midfielder.

I'd probably do my first option though and get a better forward for Staker. :thumbsu:

Hey SC experts, wondering what people's thoughts are on my team/situation? Any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Facing an elimination final this week with 2 trades left and about $35k in the bank.

At a glance, defence is pretty shot - not sure if I should strengthen here (trade Birchall who is reportedly out for another 2 weeks) or just use the money from Birchall to beef up the midfield with more premiums. I'm averaging about 100 points more than my opponent this week so I could risk doing no trades...

image.jpg

v89x81dot
v89x81dot

I'd think about this:

Golby/Clisby to X Richards (D/F) (enables you to swing Staker back and forward for cover)
Mitchell/Crouch to Steve Johnson (F/M) (will create a link with Neade so you can play him mid or forward as the remaining Crouch or Mitchell will provide better cover for injuries than your current forward bench)

You'll have plenty of cash...
You might even be able to keep Mitchell and Crouch and trade Komma for a lesser forward than Steve Johnson... like a Andrew Walker etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey SC experts, wondering what people's thoughts are on my team/situation? Any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Facing an elimination final this week with 2 trades left and about $35k in the bank.

At a glance, defence is pretty shot - not sure if I should strengthen here (trade Birchall who is reportedly out for another 2 weeks) or just use the money from Birchall to beef up the midfield with more premiums. I'm averaging about 100 points more than my opponent this week so I could risk doing no trades...

image.jpg

You should settle on that backline... when Birch comes back it will be like you're trading a fallen premium into the side and most backlines are underwhelming anyway so why wast your last trades there.
Then again unless you you like the idea of:
Birchall > Scotland​
T Mitchell > S Mitchell​
Which you can get away with.

You could also go:
K Martin > Atkins(F/M)​
Macaffer/Lee > Rioli​
Which Toxic might like.

I like the idea of:
Wines > Atkins(F/M)​
Macaffer/Lee > Bartel​
That way you can use Monfries as M9 and F7

Though the first option looks better the more I look at it, I guess it comes down to if Birchall can come back sooner rather than later.

You should settle on that backline... when Birch comes back it will be like you're trading a fallen premium into the side and most backlines are underwhelming anyway so why wast your last trades there.
Then again unless you you like the idea of:
Birchall > Scotland​
T Mitchell > S Mitchell​
Which you can get away with.

You could also go:
K Martin > Atkins(F/M)​
Macaffer/Lee > Rioli​
Which Toxic might like.

I like the idea of:
Wines > Atkins(F/M)​
Macaffer/Lee > Bartel​
That way you can use Monfries as M9 and F7

Though the first option looks better the more I look at it, I guess it comes down to if Birchall can come back sooner rather than later.

Thanks Spider Eater for the tips mate. I might hold off on the trades until later in the week (someone on the hawks board mentioned that Birchall could be a chance to come back this week - reckon that's unlikely but will wait and see). If that happens, can save a trade and look at improving the midfield or forward line.

When you say 'the first option looks better', do you mean the holding off of trading Birchall or the Birchall to Scotland and T. Mitchell to S.Mitchell trades?

Ibbotson > Dixon
Staker > Stokes

Fortune favours the brave.......

FWIW

Thanks Spider Eater for the tips mate. I might hold off on the trades until later in the week (someone on the hawks board mentioned that Birchall could be a chance to come back this week - reckon that's unlikely but will wait and see). If that happens, can save a trade and look at improving the midfield or forward line.

When you say 'the first option looks better', do you mean the holding off of trading Birchall or the Birchall to Scotland and T. Mitchell to S.Mitchell trades?

The Birchall to Scotland... as it gets 2 somewhat decent players into your side than just one... but I think it only seems better to me now with Birchall curently out.

But yeah, save 'em if you can afford to, I usually just think of how people should spend their last trades, not so much when.

The Birchall to Scotland... as it gets 2 somewhat decent players into your side than just one... but I think it only seems better to me now with Birchall curently out.

But yeah, save 'em if you can afford to, I usually just think of how people should spend their last trades, not so much when.

Thanks for the clarification buddy! :thumbsu:

Early thoughts
260k spare must win

Staker to Dixon or Murphy
Omeara to Fyfe or Mundy

the Nicholls,Cox,Maric move doesnt gain much - in effect your using Cox over Stokes or another fwd. Go the dble upgrade

I'd gamble with only 2 trades left.
Tmit to Rory Atkins (pure cash grab, opens up dpp and the emergency loophole in the mids) - oh and I'd put Crouch on the ground, jesus can that boy play!
Then cash permitting you need Stevie J - Maybe Neade to SJ, rockliff, harvey or Andrew Walker if cash allows it.
tuff spot tbh

image.jpg

v89x81dot
v89x81dot

Macaffer to a cheap spud - maybe GWS will play a fwd rookie and turn Wines into Watson

Thinking,
Roughead to Minson
Franklin to Stevie J

Then get Beams in for Mitchell next week.

Hawks play Saints though. Saints have no decent KP Def talls. Reckon both Roughy & Buddy will score big this week. Pointless trades IMHO. (although SJ should also go big this week)

I have one more trade left. I'm not sure if I should keep it one more week or look to finish my side this week.

WHo would people pick between K Jack and Griffen?

I would take Griff purely based on their runs home, and the face that Jack could be rested. You can't go wrong either way though.

Jack's run home: Coll, Saints, Geel, Hawks
Griff's run home: Carl, Crows, Bris, Melb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back