Round 20 trades (week 1 finals)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the three young blokes listed in the article in terms of small/mid types (Jed Lamb, Brandon Jack and Tom Mitchell), I think Mitchell is the most likely to retain his spot.

Jetta will replace Brandon Jack

McGlynn will most likely replace Lamb should Jetta make his way back in the team - personally I'd like to see Lamb stay in the team, the kid can seriously play.

Thought in the terms of most to least likely to get dropped it would be Jack, Lamb, Mitchell. Lamb can play, wouldn't mind him at the dogs ;)

For the next couple of weeks it shouldn't be a problem. But say prelim finals, midfields could get injuries, and then Mitchell being out then could spell disaster. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Thought in the terms of most to least likely to get dropped it would be Jack, Lamb, Mitchell. Lamb can play, wouldn't mind him at the dogs ;)

For the next couple of weeks it shouldn't be a problem. But say prelim finals, midfields could get injuries, and then Mitchell being out then could spell disaster. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Very true. Definitely something to think about for R22 - R23.

B.Jack was intially bought in for Jetta because of his outside run and if Jetta is fit he'll be brought straight back in.

Most likely it will come down to the last spot in the team being between Mitchell and Lamb, I think if push came to shove they would go for Mitchell as he looks more capable in the midfield rotation, especially in a tough final.

It was interesting on the weekend that McCartney sent Picken to Mitchell as well, he might expect similiar attention in the coming weeks - it is something to consider.

Need some help. Trying to work out what to do. I'm in the finals but finished 8th so i'm in some trouble.
suzvgh.jpg

Need some help. Trying to work out what to do. I'm in the finals but finished 8th so i'm in some trouble.
suzvgh.jpg

Well firstly, sub Nicholls off and switch Cox into Rucks and Rowe to Fwds. Then I would move either move Staker to the bench and trade NicNat to a starter, or Vlastuin is your other weak point. You might to to downgrade though, to free up some funds, so that might need to be Rowe or KMart.

suzvgh.jpg

Get Jacobs off the field for a start :)

Your 8th in your league with this team? Sounds like a tough league :eek:

But seriously

Week 1
Consider only if Nicholls is fit this week and Nic Nat is still out
Downgrade Nic Nat (swap with Rowe) to a ruck rookie like Grundy for R3. (frees up 335k)
Upgrade Vlastuin to a premo defender like Hanley
You'll have 200k and 2 trades.

Week 2
You'll lose the Ruck/Fwd DPP swing but if Jacobs keeps spudding it up you can trade him out, move Cox back into the ruck and then bring in a D Martin or A Walker to your forward line.

If you do this trade you'll have one left and around 100k, and bench cover on every line.

Apparently some rumours Mundy might be rested this week as they play GWS - certainly hope not or I will be forced into making trade (with only 2 left as it is).

Apparently some rumours Mundy might be rested this week as they play GWS - certainly hope not or I will be forced into making trade (with only 2 left as it is).

Yes!!

I mean I'm very sorry for the people HERE that have him but so does my cash league dude!;)

Ibbo isn't a premium... (I've got him :oops:)

For a defender, (where defenders this year suck) he's averaging 94 which is the same as Gibbs, Enright and Heppell.

Avg more over the year than Birchall, Goodes and Hartlett.

I know he isn't a consistent 100 but barely any defenders are. So for me, anything over 90 avg is a premo score.

But he's not an ultra premium either, that I consider Goddard, Shaw and maybe Hanely to be (all avg 100+) for the backline.

Just my 2 cents...

HELP ME PLZ! :cool:

I have 3 DPP players in both my DEF and FWD line, with no DPP links in my MID
-TMitchell > Bartel (for DPP mid/fwd)
-TMitchell > Hartlett or Heppell (for DPP def/mid)

or do I ignore DPP and go
-JPK > Fyfe or Watson

-JPK > Fyfe or Watson

How many trades have you got left? I'd just go to Fyfe, a lot more scoring power than the others. If not, then Bartel is a better bet than the others. Can you afford Rockliff or Stevie J though? Or do you already have them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-JPK > Fyfe or Watson

post your whole team if u can bud

Hey Judd_Magic less than 24hrs till teams come out & I'll let you vicariously trade for me.:p

For 3 weeks you didn't make a trade. At least you had your "reverse button" to play around with.:p

How many trades have you got left? I'd just go to Fyfe, a lot more scoring power than the others. If not, then Bartel is a better bet than the others. Can you afford Rockliff or Stevie J though? Or do you already have them.
only have 1 trade left :(

post your whole team if u can bud
DEF: Goddard, Shaw, Gibbs, McKenzie, Hanley, Ellis (Thurlow, Colquhoun)
MID: Ablett, Swan, JSelwood, JPKennedy, Barlow, Cotchin, Priddis, SMitchell (TMitchell, KMartin)
RUCK: Goldstein, Kreuzer (Nicholls, Currie)
FWD: AWalker, DMartin, Rockliffe, JJKennedy, Cloke, Stokes (Staker, Daniher)

Priddis might not play this week, JPK out of form, TMitchell might get 40 again, Stokes and Ellis too inconsistent, not sure if Colquhoun will play again, Thurlow and KMartin probably won't play again

I guess the question is "is it better to have good cover or is it better to have a trade in case somebody get's injured"

only have 50k, so if I want Fyfe this is the only week

MID: Ablett, Swan, JSelwood, JPKennedy, Barlow, Cotchin, Priddis, SMitchell (TMitchell, KMartin)

Priddis might not play this week, JPK out of form, TMitchell might get 40 again, Stokes and Ellis too inconsistent, not sure if Colquhoun will play again, Thurlow and KMartin probably won't play again

I guess the question is "is it better to have good cover or is it better to have a trade in case somebody get's injured"

With that team I would be tempted to go Priddis to Fyfe, and hope to hell that you don't get any backline injuries!

Priddis > Watson

If it is a do or die final you MUST win and your opponent has no injury issues then do the priddis to Fyfe trade.
But wait as long as you can, ideally next week or the week after.
Loophole as many options as you can

If it is a do or die final you MUST win and your opponent has no injury issues then do the priddis to Fyfe trade.
But wait as long as you can, ideally next week or the week after.
Loophole as many options as you can

Got to agree with this. I'm going to do the same with the players at my disposal. Will make a Sunday trade Swallow > Fyfe/Barlow only if Titch doesn't score well as mid emergency and I look like losing some games. Otherwise will hold until next week and do a (close to even $ wise) swap Swallow > Jobe and still have 100k+ to use my final 2 trades to upgrade 2 benchies instead of sideways trading under performing starting 22 premo's.

Lamb > Oxley
Hrovat > Griffin

Leaves me with 3 trades and 95k left.
Finalised team of:

Goddard, Enright, Hanley, Shaw, Gibbs, McKenzie (Staker, Clisby)
Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Jack, Jelwood, Griffin, Cotchin, Fyfe (TMitchell, B. Kennedy)
Goldstein, Minson (Currie, McBean)
Walker, Cox, Martin, Rockliff, JJKennedy, Stevie J (Franklin, Oxley)

suzvgh.jpg

What about:
T1) Nic Nat > Atkins (F/M) +340k +21k = 361k
T2) T Mitchell > B Harvey -125k (activates the link with Atkins... or another forward (maybe even Pav) and use Bartel etc to swap into your mids for cover)​

This will create a link with your mids and forwards and enable you to play Cox in your rucks while not having to have Staker starting for you and should someone like Priddis be out then you can play one of your Mid-forwards in his place through Atkins.

You'll have Roughly 235k with 2 trades which is a decent position to be in.
Should be enough to go Nicholls > Mumford and Clisby/Vlastuin > Hanley with your last trades.

For those looking to upgrade for a M8, usually everyone says get Cotchin/Watson/Fyfe/Griff/Jack. I'm going to throw up a POD.

Tom Liberatore.

Over the past month had scores of 125, 120, 119, 118. Busted out a monster 163 in round 14. Inside midfielder so he won't get a tag, and plays a different role to Griffen so they won't steal points off each other, and is in a rich vein of form. Against the teams he plays in round 21, 22 & 23, Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne, earlier in the year he scored 134, 130 and 163.

Now everybody ignore what I just said so I can keep him for myself :)

For those looking to upgrade for a M8, usually everyone says get Cotchin/Watson/Fyfe/Griff/Jack. I'm going to throw up a POD.

Tom Liberatore.

Over the past month had scores of 125, 120, 119, 118. Busted out a monster 163 in round 14. Inside midfielder so he won't get a tag, and plays a different role to Griffen so they won't steal points off each other, and is in a rich vein of form. Against the teams he plays in round 21, 22 & 23, Adelaide, Brisbane and Melbourne, earlier in the year he scored 134, 130 and 163.

Now everybody ignore what I just said so I can keep him for myself :)
Tom Liberatore has been super for you guys,but fyfe/watson are cheaper:).

Lamb > Oxley
Hrovat > Griffin

Leaves me with 3 trades and 95k left.
Finalised team of:

Goddard, Enright, Hanley, Shaw, Gibbs, McKenzie (Staker, Clisby)
Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Jack, Jelwood, Griffin, Cotchin, Fyfe (TMitchell, B. Kennedy)
Goldstein, Minson (Currie, McBean)
Walker, Cox, Martin, Rockliff, JJKennedy, Stevie J (Franklin, Oxley)

great trades - bloody good team with excellent cover and trades in the bank!
a true collingwood man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back